British Speedway Forum

From what i have seen Cyfer is worse than most young brits.

Either Jack isn't riding for Torun or the story holds no water, i would go for the latter!

I saw on a Polish Speedway site that Jack has signed for Torun, but a chance he won't get a regular run out in Torun as they have one too many seniors. There was talk of MAYBE loaning him out to a Nice PL 1 team for next season. If that's the case problem is the Nice teams have all their riders signed so maybe at least May before he can transfer in if anyone wants him.

The article said he will be given a chance in the normal Polish pre season friendlies to see how he stands up to competing, and then they will decide if they loan him out or put him in the first team. He is restricted a bit as they can only have 5 seniors (multi national) plus 2 Polish juniors. I think his signing is one for the future for Torun due to his brother Chris's connection with the club plus the early potential he has shown.

A bit like Brady Kurtz. Stahl Gorzow wanted him but can't fit him in on a guaranteed team berth this year so he has extended with Polonia Pila for next year. Depending on how he develops in 2017, if he goes forward a good chance that Gorzow will sign him. (May already be a gentleman's agreement in place). That would put him in same team as a Mr K.Kasparzak for 2018 ;-)

These Championship clubs need to remember that Poole fixtures take priority. Ipswich will be missing Newman when Poole ride away at Swindon on a Thursday and any other Ipwich away meeting clashes. Same goes for Holder and Kurtz if he rides Championship.

You make me laugh so much. Just want to see riders who have good styles ride over here. Would rather have Cyfer in my team, than most of the young British riders. More entertaining.

Cyfer is s#!+ no British club would waste their time on him

• Like 5

I don't think that is fair on the other promoters.

Poole have much more to offer a rider thanks to their great sponsorship and bigger crowds.

You could be the greatest promoter in the world, but if you don't have the crowds or the sponsorship interested in your area of this country, I think it is harsh to the other promotions as bad promoters.

Like I wouldn't call a Manchester United FC chairman any better than a Bury FC chairman.

To be honest, I am just pleased the league is running and hasn't gotten to the state of Denmarks 5 man teams yet.

What the same promotors who wait until after the AGM to sort out their team whilst Matt Ford has already sorted his out?.

All the riders who rode in the Elite last year apart from the draft reserves should be using that average & not a Premier one.

They thought they were clever as it could help their team & Matt goes & gets 3 of them to ride for Poole.

These Championship clubs need to remember that Poole fixtures take priority. Ipswich will be missing Newman when Poole ride away at Swindon on a Thursday and any other Ipwich away meeting clashes. Same goes for Holder and Kurtz if he rides Championship.

So your saying that what was in place is still in place??

Thank you fro clearing that up i had no idea after the last season that riders like Danny King had to ride for Coventry as well as Ipswich and that Coventry took priority.

Maybe just maybe we have a shrewd promoter who makes sure the clashes are limited. When Poole go to Swindon i would bet that Ipswich dont have a meeting

Poole doesn't even have a team sponsor at the moment?

Poole doesn't even have a team sponsor at the moment?

I am not referring to that as an attraction to riders.

Rider sponsorship is far more of a lucrative option to tip the scales in Poole's favour.

Team sponsorship doesn't really come into it as much but is seen more as the icing on the cake if you like.

Yeah good idea get rid of young brits for a foriegner who isnt any better...............great attitude

Totally agree and that's why I am so glad the AGM stated 2 British riders per team.

At least that is one thing in this sport that has left football behind in.

• Like 2

elite riders averages from last season should be in place some riders may not have been so attractive including klindt

I'l bet you a million pound i do NOT have TWO accounts, i have had the same one for 10 years. You really are a king sized plonker.

Thank god you don't have two accounts, one of you is bad enough!

• Like 1

So your saying that what was in place is still in place??

Thank you fro clearing that up i had no idea after the last season that riders like Danny King had to ride for Coventry as well as Ipswich and that Coventry took priority.

Maybe just maybe we have a shrewd promoter who makes sure the clashes are limited. When Poole go to Swindon i would bet that Ipswich dont have a meeting

Better hope that Ippo don't agree to an away 'derby' at Peterborough on Easter Sunday then?!!!

Thank god you don't have two accounts, one of you is bad enough!

And me Jacques? starman/ Gavan are great for the forum in my eyes if you dont agree dont bother to read. Jacques are you a lady or a man/ drag act i.

cant wait to here the TRUTH you love your speedway fair play to you.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Better hope that Ippo don't agree to an away 'derby' at Peterborough on Easter Sunday then?!!!

well if Holder or Kurtz sign for Peterborough it won't matter both teams be without a rider

And me Jacques? starman/ Gavan are great for the forum in my eyes if you dont agree dont bother to read. Jacques are you a lady or a man/ drag act i.

cant wait to here the TRUTH you love your speedway fair play to you.

You are funny Sid. Thank god there's only one of you too! :D

• Like 1

Chris Louis has stated today that with the d/u situation that there will be no Bank Holiday meetings for Ipswich.

Presume Poole likely to be at Swindon at Easter for example so no clash.