British Speedway Forum

Nah, not Poole, we'll be having local derbies with Somerset!

Nah, not Poole, we'll be having local derbies with Somerset!

I believe Good Friday is Poole v Somerset noon with the return at 7.30pm.

• Like 1

Sorry had a mare😀

Edited by Crazy robin

Sorry had a mare

It is a pity they cannot arrange a three team tournament with Swindon, Poole and Somerset over the break like we used to have with Oxford and Reading.

It is a pity they cannot arrange a three team tournament with Swindon, Poole and Somerset over the break like we used to have with Oxford and Reading.

They gave Swindon the 3rd place trophy already as knew the winners would be either Poole or Somerset.

so it could be May B/H or Monday for a Sky match.

Clashes can be avoided if the will is there.

Talk is for Swindon v Poole on Easter Sunday (tbc)!!!

Also MF admits the Danish rider he was chasing was Mikkel Michelsen who had to turn Poole down due to too many fixture clashes - but MM still wants to race in UK!!

Martin Vaculik also a target (again!) but his SGP qualification has ruled him out too.

Edited by Skidder1

I know this will sound stupid and yes Matt wants to win title this year with the team we have but 2018 looks like Holder and Vaculik being in the team. The fact Matt know has a gentleman agreement with another GP rider is why he is successful. That's now Holder, KK, Magic, Vaculik, THJ and Lindback who are GP riders or just left the series.

Don't quite understand why kyle not been named yet dose that mean as he as already signed for Ipswich will they get preference on fixture clashes if there are any ?

Don't quite understand why kyle not been named yet dose that mean as he as already signed for Ipswich will they get preference on fixture clashes if there are any ?

No, because you can sign a rider and not announce him if you don't want to. SGB will know but Matt ford will say for example that i'm going to announce it on the 4th of December.

Edited by poolebolton

I know this will sound stupid and yes Matt wants to win title this year with the team we have but 2018 looks like Holder and Vaculik being in the team. The fact Matt know has a gentleman agreement with another GP rider is why he is successful. That's now Holder, KK, Magic, Vaculik, THJ and Lindback who are GP riders or just left the series.

Is that the same gentleman's agreement he had with Gomolski for next year?

Is that the same gentleman's agreement he had with Gomolski for next year?

That was the rumour but like Chris Holder they changed the rules so it was decided we would build with a stronger team lower down rather than being massively top heavy like Swindon which i am sure you will agree has been quite problematic. If Kacper did get a ride in the uk, i am quite sure he would do a great job.

That was the rumour but like Chris Holder they changed the rules so it was decided we would build with a stronger team lower down rather than being massively top heavy like Swindon which i am sure you will agree has been quite problematic. If Kacper did get a ride in the uk, i am quite sure he would do a great job.

So - not a gentleman's agreement then - changed rules or not!