British Speedway Forum

Since Matt took over in 1999 I don't think Poole has been without a sponsor so i think his record speaks for it's self I've never thought the presentation has been brilliant season tickets deals have been poor children prices are as well but over all we always get a decent to watch still think next season is positive move by the bspa

Since Matt took over in 1999 I don't think Poole has been without a sponsor so i think his record speaks for it's self I've never thought the presentation has been brilliant season tickets deals have been poor children prices are as well but over all we always get a decent to watch still think next season is positive move by the bspa

We're lucky to live in the speedway town. If Matt moved to another club he'd have a very rude awakening.

I get that some people will think this is a positive move, but let's be honest, most of us on here are die hards. The general paying public aren't.

Oh yeah, I'm sure they've slashed them. :t:

You live in Poole too right? Tell me, apart from a few ingeniously creative roundabout signs with "Poole Speedway" on, have you actually come across any mention of Poole Speedway? The occasional story in the local rag and almost no word of mouth isn't very appealing to a team sponsor.

The fact is there are a lot of supporters out there like me. We want to see the best riders in the world over here. Those supporters like me will see this season as a massive hit to the quality and they will not be attending. As a result of that, further cuts will need to be made in 2018 and the same thing will happen again! It doesn't take a genius to see that there is absolutely no future with that approach.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just trying to contrary, I'm not looking for an excuse to be upset, I just genuinely cannot justify paying anything more than £10 to watch riders of this standard. To be honest, I wouldn't even pay that. Even if it were completely free it's just not that interesting to me to watch inexperienced and over the hill riders racing. That doesn't give me goosebumps, it doesn't get me excited, it doesn't get me talking throughout the week. Just my two cents, and I fear the two cents of a good chunk of the many thousands who don't all post on this forum.

Your not Tidgy on our forum by any chance are you ?: He also moans just like you.. Matt has never been without a main team sponsor since he took over the club. But if he has to start the season without one he will, not that he doesn't want one of course.

Right through the summer there are many avenues of attention brought to Poole speedway, but you also have to remember, we now have a premier league football team just up the road now, who get preference in write up inches in the Echo.

As i have explained elsewhere, the majority of clubs cannot not afford the big boys, so it has to cut its cloth. Long gone have the days where we had 5-6 deep on the bends at poole, and i doubt many clubs see 5-6 deep in the grandstands. For that you can blame Poland and the GP.

You say you want to see the big boys, well i will say the racing will be better next season due to the fact you have many riders on averages that are not to disimular. I could rattle on all night but im sure you get the jist..

We're lucky to live in the speedway town. If Matt moved to another club he'd have a very rude awakening.

I get that some people will think this is a positive move, but let's be honest, most of us on here are die hards. The general paying public aren't.

I've said this several times before. As good a promoter as Ford is (putting all the stunt pulling to one side for a moment) he promotes in an ideal area of the country, the wealth and tourism in the area make it hard to fail to get people through the door.

• Like 1

Your not Tidgy on our forum by any chance are you ?: He also moans just like you.. Matt has never been without a main team sponsor since he took over the club. But if he has to start the season without one he will, not that he doesn't want one of course.

Right through the summer there are many avenues of attention brought to Poole speedway, but you also have to remember, we now have a premier league football team just up the road now, who get preference in write up inches in the Echo.

As i have explained elsewhere, the majority of clubs cannot not afford the big boys, so it has to cut its cloth. Long gone have the days where we had 5-6 deep on the bends at poole, and i doubt many clubs see 5-6 deep in the grandstands. For that you can blame Poland and the GP.

You say you want to see the big boys, well i will say the racing will be better next season due to the fact you have many riders on averages that are not to disimular. I could rattle on all night but im sure you get the jist..

I remember Tidgy from years back. Postman right? The guy talks sense.

You can blame Poland and the GP's? What, are the thousands of fans we used to have traveling to Poland for their speedway fix now?

Matt has had sponsors every year because it's a piece of p1ss to sponsor Poole. If he had no team sponsor whatsoever he'd still make more throughout the season on admissions alone than some clubs make with admissions and a sponsor.

The quality is massively decreased. I mean, seriously. This isn't just a case of cutting the points limit, this is a loud and clear message to supporters that British speedway can no longer compete with other countries. That message also goes out to potential sponsors. It's a very sad year for supporters, promoters and up and coming British riders who will struggle to make it anywhere near the GP's with absolute no real competition. They've created a league that simply does not support or attract growth. That's a fact I'm afraid.

And before anybody bangs on about Jason Doyle riding for Swindon, just take a look at the huge chunk of points that his appointment required. I really don't think we'll see Swindon competing for the title this year.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

You can blame Poland and the GP's? What, are the thousands of fans we used to have traveling to Poland for their speedway fix now?

Matt has had sponsors every year because it's a piece of p1ss to sponsor Poole. If he had no team sponsor whatsoever he'd still make more throughout the season on admissions alone than some clubs make with admissions and a sponsor.

Your talking dross mate, Matt has to do a lot of work banging on doors to get sponsors they just don't come to him. The club does a lot of work in poole and the surounding area to promote the sport, it costs a lot of money to be a main team sponsor, and companies nowadays just do not have it to flit away. No fans are not travelling to Poland, people have a lot more choice nowadays what they do with there money, not like in the 60-70's where speedway was pretty much the main attraction.

• Like 1

I've said this several times before. As good a promoter as Ford is (putting all the stunt pulling to one side for a moment) he promotes in an ideal area of the country, the wealth and tourism in the area make it hard to fail to get people through the door.

It's a lot easier to sell American flags in New York than it is Iran.

And before anybody bangs on about Jason Doyle riding for Swindon, just take a look at the huge chunk of points that his appointment required. I really don't think we'll see Swindon competing for the title this year.

Funny how you remember Tidgy, isn't it !! Yeh and look how weak Swindon will be at the bottom.

Your talking dross mate, Matt has to do a lot of work banging on doors to get sponsors they just don't come to him. The club does a lot of work in poole and the surounding area to promote the sport, it costs a lot of money to be a main team sponsor, and companies nowadays just do not have it to flit away. No fans are not travelling to Poland, people have a lot more choice nowadays what they do with there money, not like in the 60-70's where speedway was pretty much the main attraction.

I'm talking dross? That's the best thing I've heard all year, and there's not much time left to top that.

Banging on doors? Shall we really go over this?

RIAS - Andrew Marchington (R.I.P.) - Massive fan of Speedway and good friend of Matt Ford

Castle Cover - Andrew Marchington... again

Readypower - Quite literally owned by two Speedway promoters

Where exactly has Matt been banging doors mate?

I live in Poole. I've lived in Poole since the day I was born. I worked in Poole town center for 6 years. Not once (bar a roundabout) have I naturally came across Poole Speedway. My mother works at the same school Middlo's children attended. Not once did they do a single thing at the school. What work exactly do you think Cecil is doing to promote Poole?

I'm talking dross? That's the best thing I've heard all year, and there's not much time left to top that.

RIAS - Andrew Marchington (R.I.P.) - Massive fan of Speedway and good friend of Matt Ford

I live in Poole. I've lived in Poole since the day I was born. I worked in Poole town center for 6 years. Not once (bar a roundabout) have I naturally came across Poole Speedway. My mother works at the same school Middlo's children attended. Not once did they do a single thing at the school. What work exactly do you think Cecil is doing to promote Poole?

And you remember Tidgy from years back, yet you are alldgedly 23..

And you remember Tidgy from years back, yet you are alldgedly 23..

Yes... that gives me 23 years to have come across Tidgy. I love how the only comeback you have is "bit suspicious that you know who Tidgy is".

Oh, I'm 24 by the way.

Nah, your not burn't face man at all are you.

Edited by Starman2006

Yes... that gives me 23 years to have come across Tidgy. I love how the only comeback you have is "bit suspicious that you know who Tidgy is".

Oh, I'm 24 by the way.

Your a lier.

Pillock.

Your a lier.

I've met you! I've spoken to you 3 or 4 times! I don't think anybody is a lier mate. I mean, you do have that squiggly red line under words you spell wrong, right?

Edited by BurntFaceMan