British Speedway Forum

I just do not understand where Gavin is coming from. The only thing he should be interested in is how he does for Ipswich next season.

Whatever he does for Poole does not really interest him as Poole is not his team.

I just do not understand where Gavin is coming from. The only thing he should be interested in is how he does for Ipswich next season.

Whatever he does for Poole does not really interest him as Poole is not his team.

I have Gavan on ignore (brilliant everyone should try it) but he has been requoted so many times over the last couple of pages I decided to read them.

Utter troll trying to get a rise out of a couple of Poole fans who quote his dirge.

Poole fans. The guy hates Poole and everything to do with the club. He is probably gutted Kyle Newman has signed for his supposed team.

We Poole fans can see with our own eyes just how much Kyle has improved over the last few seasons. Averages don't give the whole story as injuries have most certainly got in the way of the major breakthrough.

But here's a simple question. If Kyle Newman has shown no real improvement, how the hell is he still in the Poole team? How come Matt Ford hasn't decided it is time to replace him? Everyone knows Matt doesn't hang around with making changes. The answer is simple. Because he HAS been improving every year, is a great racer, gives 100% and by doing so is a massive favourite with the Poole fans.

This Gavan troll can rant on and on to those that want to read his drivel, and always on Poole threads, but he doesn't have a clue. Especially if he actually believes Worral and Starke are better riders.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

well I for one am happy to see Kyle as a Witch next year.

Certainly think there is more to come from him at 2nd tier level

Skidder's stats show that we can hope to benefit from an increased average from him even if there is no 'improvement' just from being a 2nd string rather than heat leader.

I actually think with an injury free run he can push for a heat leader spot.

• Like 1

Skidder's stats show that we can hope to benefit from an increased average from him even if there is no 'improvement' just from being a 2nd string rather than heat leader.

He can, and that is what he needs . An injury free season..

Which year do you want to beat Poole 2018,2019?? You ain't got a hope in 2017... :rofl:

Blimey that's a bit positive from you. Are you feeling a bit under the weather?

• Like 1

PIRATES chief Matt Ford has first option to sign Australian star Troy Batchelor for the 2017 season.

Ford has more than eight points with which to recruit his final rider and former Grand Prix charger Batchelor, who last rode for Poole in 2007, would fit into the septet.

Kacper Gomolski (7.71) would be another possibility, while Ford could turn to Pirates asset Brady Kurtz (7.65) for a second straight year.

The Poole promoter has first call on the likes of Batchelor and Gomolski as he was granted access to the retained list of former Peterborough co-owners Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney when they took a step back from the sport.

It is understood the arrangement is due to continue for one more year as it is a three-year maximum period.

Ford has a close relationship with Frost and Mahoney given the duo's plant hire company, Readypower, has been Pirates' main team sponsor for the past two years.

The club is currently in the process of searching for a replacement sponsor since the Readypower deal came to a close.

Src: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/14962426.Speedway__Pirates_have_first_option_on_Batchelor/

Got to be Gomolski as Ford promised him a team place for 2017 when he left him out of the 2016 line up.

Anything else would mean he goes back on his word.

• Like 1

I think the story in the paper is a smokescreen because we all know it is going to be Brady Kurtz but Poole will have to announce before Kings Lynn team is announced on friday.

Can see us being unbeatable at home and i don't see that we will be too fragile away either.

With Brady in your team it would be a disaster if you don't p.ss the league & serious questions would need to be asked.

The use of Premier League averages has given you a 5 point bonus from Brady's, Kyle & Klindt's Elite League 2016 averages.

If that line up was a team I supported I'd be over the moon & booking my play off final tickets now.

Its Brady.

Brady and J. Holder are the future of Poole Speedway.

A very very very very poor mans version of Darcy & Chris & actually don't think they will be the future of Poole as there will be plenty of better riders than those 2 in the future.

All opinion though of course.

• Like 1

A very very very very poor mans version of Darcy & Chris & actually don't think they will be the future of Poole as there will be plenty of better riders than those 2 in the future.

Really, start naming then ?

Really, start naming then ?

Not Kyle Newman - he isn't improving.

;)

• Like 1

I knew there was something I liked about that river!! :rofl::t:

ps. Kyle Newman (PL)

2012 = 5.31 (reserve)

2013 = 5.32 (2nd string)

2014 = 6.51 (H/L)

2015 = 6.84 (2nd string)

2016 = 6.31 (H/L)

Going from reserve to Heat leader in 5 years and putting 1.00 on his PL average despite various serious injuries is pretty good, steady progress really.

He rode more meetings as a heat leader in 2015 (including at number 1) than in 2016 and 2014

He rode more meetings as a heat leader in 2015 (including at number 1) than in 2016 and 2014

Correct but I wouldn't class any rider with less than 7.00 average a heatleader regardless of their position in the team. Just highlights how bad the other riders are.

Plus Newman's heat 15 record is abysmal with around 1 point per heat average, not much better including heat 13 too.

Absolutely agree with that :t:

• Like 1

I have Gavan on ignore (brilliant everyone should try it) but he has been requoted so many times over the last couple of pages I decided to read them.

Utter troll trying to get a rise out of a couple of Poole fans who quote his dirge.

Poole fans. The guy hates Poole and everything to do with the club. He is probably gutted Kyle Newman has signed for his supposed team.

We Poole fans can see with our own eyes just how much Kyle has improved over the last few seasons. Averages don't give the whole story as injuries have most certainly got in the way of the major breakthrough.

But here's a simple question. If Kyle Newman has shown no real improvement, how the hell is he still in the Poole team? How come Matt Ford hasn't decided it is time to replace him? Everyone knows Matt doesn't hang around with making changes. The answer is simple. Because he HAS been improving every year, is a great racer, gives 100% and by doing so is a massive favourite with the Poole fans.

This Gavan troll can rant on and on to those that want to read his drivel, and always on Poole threads, but he doesn't have a clue. Especially if he actually believes Worral and Starke are better riders.

Kyle Newman has been at reserve for Poole the whole time he has been there. That to me shows he hasn't improved. And as ive stated about a thousand times his average fits every season and he gives 100% and the Poole fans like him so yes he obviously will be the first name. But as soon as his average doesn't fit he will be discarded like Holder this season. Oh and yes Steve Worrall is a better rider than Newman that's quite obvious. And yet again you fail to read properly as I said Starke has improved more thanNewman and is catching him up, but as usual you just take words and twist things. Nice to see the only 2 people who liked your attack on me are dumb and dumber!

With Brady in your team it would be a disaster if you don't p.ss the league & serious questions would need to be asked.

The use of Premier League averages has given you a 5 point bonus from Brady's, Kyle & Klindt's Elite League 2016 averages.

If that line up was a team I supported I'd be over the moon & booking my play off final tickets now.

are you sure your allowed an opinion on a Poole thread??? They don't like it mate if you disagree with them you are anti Poole and a troll. But your right this Poole team should walk the league but they choked last year and may again