British Speedway Forum

Going back to Kyle i quite like him as a rider i believe there should always be a place for a British rider like that.Was thinking though riders who are around his level these riders have reached BRITISH FINALS.Bridger-6 Lawson-4 Starke-1 Garrity-4 Auty-4 Wright-1 S.Worrall-2 R.Worrall-3 does that tell us anything.?

i like Newman as a rider and while he has that average he will always get in Pooles team

if your looking at British riders around the same level then he has fallen behind Garrity and Steve Worrall and other like Starke and Wright are catching him. Auty is similar to Newman in that he hasnt really kicked on like i thought he would.

To be honest I think it suits Kyle being at reserve. I don't think he has any major ambition to get to GP level and I think Matt see's him as a useful play off tool. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle is asked to keep it steady throughout the season and turn it up a bit for the play offs.

100% agree. I havent once said Kyle shouldnt be in Pooles team , i was questioning his improvement for Poole.

• Like 1

i like Newman as a rider and while he has that average he will always get in Pooles team

if your looking at British riders around the same level then he has fallen behind Garrity and Steve Worrall and other like Starke and Wright are catching him. Auty is similar to Newman in that he hasnt really kicked on like i thought he would.

100% agree. I havent once said Kyle shouldnt be in Pooles team , i was questioning his improvement for Poole.

i agree garrity and worrall have kicked on i think newman and auty are where they are dont think wright is as good as newman and starke got a little bit to catch up my opinion

i agree garrity and worrall have kicked on i think newman and auty are where they are dont think wright is as good as newman and starke got a little bit to catch up my opinion

i agree but it has to be said that Starke and Wright are catching him up.

I would put Starke ahead of Newman he really has improved,his performance in the British Final was superb.

i disagree. At the moment i feel Newman is the better rider but yes Starke is catching him up. One good British Final doesnt make him a better rider in my eyes.

• Like 1

I don't any Poole fan would argue against having Newman in the team. he is a local lad and extremely well liked. I think this could be his year to kick on. He is a rider who takes time to get his confidence back after injury and he has had more than his fair share in recent years so a injury free season would see him really improve a lot in my opinion and a chance to impress at Ipswich could also do him good. We all saw what he is capable of in the play offs, he just needs to do that consistently and he could hold down a heat leader position in the premiership.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

I don't any Poole fan would argue against having Newman in the team. he is a local lad and extremely well liked. I think this could be his year to kick on. He is a rider who takes time to get his confidence back after injury and he has had more than his fair share in recent years so a injury free season would see him really improve a lot in my opinion and a chance to impress at Ipswich could also do him good. We all saw what he is capable of in the play offs, he just needs to do that consistently and he could hold down a heat leader position in the premiership.

exactly what i said. on that average and the fact he tries 100% he has to go in the team.

im hoping he kicks on as he rides for us now. In the watered down league he should have no issue upping his average in the top flight. The problem then comes (like Ellis) if he does to well

i disagree. At the moment i feel Newman is the better rider but yes Starke is catching him up. One good British Final doesnt make him a better rider in my eyes.

I just think Starke is a slow burner,would never of thought he would of improved as much as he has since i first see him ride in his IOW days.So it was not just his BF effort that sways me thought he coped reasonably in the top 5 as well.

I just think Starke is a slow burner,would never of thought he would of improved as much as he has since i first see him ride in his IOW days.So it was not just his BF effort that sways me thought he coped reasonably in the top 5 as well.

Yep he certainly is improving

Isnt it nice to have a proper debate on the Poole thread with foreverblue and ray c and sidney without the usual suspects coming on and basically having a go because you dont have the same opinion as they do.

NIce civil friendly chat re Newman isnt that hard lol

• Like 2

Isnt it nice to have a proper debate on the Poole thread with foreverblue and ray c and sidney without the usual suspects coming on and basically having a go because you dont have the same opinion as they do.

Some Poole fans probably won't believe this but you like me want Newman to improve you odviously being a Ipswich fan would want that to happen.Newman,Schlien,Hume are the three riders that could make it a good Ipswich campaign.

Some Poole fans probably won't believe this but you like me want Newman to improve you odviously being a Ipswich fan would want that to happen.Newman,Schlien,Hume are the three riders that could make it a good Ipswich campaign.

any young British rider i want to see improve irrelevant of who they ride for. And yes as he rides for us i want him to be smashing the scores in.

Hume is a fantastic talent reminds me of a young Scott Nicholls and will make a mockery of his 2.00 starting average

I'm sure Kyle will be over the moon to be the subject of so much debate especially on his birthday. I'm sure he's done little else today other than regularly check back on this thread. Or maybe his dad is doing the checking............!!?? :-)

• Like 1

exactly what i said. on that average and the fact he tries 100% he has to go in the team.

im hoping he kicks on as he rides for us now. In the watered down league he should have no issue upping his average in the top flight. The problem then comes (like Ellis) if he does to well

The same applies to any rider...

To be honest I think it suits Kyle being at reserve. I don't think he has any major ambition to get to GP level and I think Matt see's him as a useful play off tool. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle is asked to keep it steady throughout the season and turn it up a bit for the play offs.

(Again)

pleasure to read for a change

• Like 2