British Speedway Forum

pleasure to read for a change

I have really enjoyed just reading this.

I would like to start another such one. How much do we think Shanes will improve in first year?? He has a good mate in Kyle with him in pits and is a local so I would like to know how much we think he will improve.

I would like to start another such one. How much do we think Shanes will improve in first year?? He has a good mate in Kyle with him in pits and is a local so I would like to know how much we think he will improve?

Hopefully enough to attain an average of just below 3.99 so you cut-throats can;t replace him with some Pole!

Yep he certainly is improving

Isnt it nice to have a proper debate on the Poole thread with foreverblue and ray c and sidney without the usual suspects coming on and basically having a go because you dont have the same opinion as they do.

Pot kettle black.

Hopefully enough to attain an average of just below 3.99 so you cut-throats can;t replace him with some Pole!

Can't see him getting anywhere near that figure but if he does he will have ridden very well and wouldnt need to be replaced.
  • Like 2

I would like to start another such one. How much do we think Shanes will improve in first year?? He has a good mate in Kyle with him in pits and is a local so I would like to know how much we think he will improve.

it will take time hard call I think to increase his average between 3 and 4 he would do well also depends on how long will Matt give him just my opinion

You have to be totally honest with regards to Premiership No7's coming in on less than 4 averages.

I'd say all of the 3.xx will only get 3 rides unless their teams are thrashing someone.

The aim for these No7's on 3.xx is to try & maintain their average by not picking up last places in heats 2 & 4.

Most heat 8's they'll be replaced by the stronger reserve then heat's 12 or 14 will be expected to score 0's

So, for Shanes - in his 1st season, if he maintains a 2 average that is progress

Pot kettle black.

Have you ever heard the expression, "If you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing."?

Edited by Pirate Baz
  • Like 5

Have you ever heard the expression, "If you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing."?

that would be a dream come true and then I woke up
  • Like 1

it will take time hard call I think to increase his average between 3 and 4 he would do well also depends on how long will Matt give him just my opinion

Matt Ford said at last week's quiz night interview that Shanes would be under no pressure - just to go out and enjoy his racing. James also repeated that understanding in his interview.

To be honest I think it suits Kyle being at reserve. I don't think he has any major ambition to get to GP level and I think Matt see's him as a useful play off tool. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle is asked to keep it steady throughout the season and turn it up a bit for the play offs.

NB. Kyle won't be starting at reserve!!

Matt Ford said at last week's quiz night interview that Shanes would be under no pressure - just to go out and enjoy his racing. James also repeated that understanding in his interview.

NB. Kyle won't be starting at reserve!!

Nobody said he would be. But I bet he'll finish up there.