British Speedway Forum

Who on here expected to see a better 2017 Poole side named? i did.It is still decent but it does not excite me and fill me with fear it will be a good home side nonetheless.

I'm surprised people want Gomolski tbh, people wanted him sacked before the 2015 playoff's! And he nearly was..

quite agree don't think brady or jack will make the same class as Chris and darcy no disrespect for either rider just my opinion

Hmm interesting considering a lot of people say Jack will be better than Chris! Actually I even think Chris has said it too.
  • Like 1

I'm surprised people want Gomolski tbh, people wanted him sacked before the 2015 playoff's! And he nearly was..

Hmm interesting considering a lot of people say Jack will be better than Chris! Actually I even think Chris has said it too.

I think jack will be better than brady mined you he will have to be world champion twice to be better than Chris tough call ?

Who on here expected to see a better 2017 Poole side named? i did.It is still decent but it does not excite me and fill me with fear it will be a good home side nonetheless.

I think Poole have named a good side and will be favourites again.......could choke like last year i suppose.

Seems all the Poole fans on this thread would rather see Gomolski and must say im surprised Poole went for Kurtz

I think jack will be better than brady mined you he will have to be world champion twice to be better than Chris tough call ?

I agree Jack looks the better long term prospect but i doubt he will go on to be better than Chris. Timing is everything and the Gp has some great young riders in it like Tai, Zmarzlik, Pawlicki and Dudek and no doubt Fricke very soon. Jack isnt at their level and will he ever be? I guess time will tell but i hope he does well

Really Sidney as Poole are by far the stand out line up so far & will always have a strong reserve which is a must to win the league.

It will be a MASSIVE shock if they don't win it in 2017.

If people bother to read the full announcement then they'll know some of the reasons why Brady over Kacper!!

With the leagues currently going for a lower level whilst continuing to save costs, MF is continuing his longer term planning to bring through Jack, Brady and Kyle for the future, whilst at the same time hopefully building a team that will compete in 2017.

Edited by Skidder1

Good team, with a great chance to improve. But part of me thinks Ellis could have been number 3 instead of Brady. But Brady and Jack will be good together and they are good friends with Kyle which means that everyone in the team should get on easily.

If you are looking at long term then you would always have Brady over Kacper. Kacper would be good signing if you are only looking at this season.

If people bother to read the full announcement then they'll know some of the reasons why Brady over Kacper!!

With the leagues currently going for a lower level whilst continuing to save costs, MF is continuing his longer term planning to bring through Jack, Brady and Kyle for the future, whilst at the same time hopefully building a team that will compete in 2017.

I wouldn't bet on any continuity if Newmans average doesn't fit he will be shown the door as has Ellis.

all this long term future of riders sounds fine on paper but when there average's go up they then find there self looking for another club because they can't be fitted in

• Like 1

Really Sidney as Poole are by far the stand out line up so far & will always have a strong reserve which is a must to win the league.

It will be a MASSIVE shock if they don't win it in 2017.

I would not say stand out Crazy pretty good in a poor league. As for there reserves Klindt i am not convinced with wont pull up any trees in a top 5. Young Shanes i like and i believe he will be a good rider a tough challenge ahead for him away form is the key for Poole. Edited by Sidney the robin

If you are looking at long term then you would always have Brady over Kacper. Kacper would be good signing if you are only looking at this season.

When has speedway ever looked long term, Brady is a good rider and possibly a no brainer on his PL average, if he had a converted EL average i doubt he would be in the team.

I think Jack Holder has far more potential and could go all the way in the sport. I have seen him a few times and some of his overtakes are breathtaking. I think he is a more exciting rider than Brady.

As for calling them the new turbo twins, i think that is ridiculous.

• Like 2

With the way things are going I doubt very much there will be a long term. And if there is, there won't be enough money to bring any international riders over at this rate.

I wouldn't bet on any continuity if Newmans average doesn't fit he will be shown the door as has Ellis.

Maybe but Ellis isn't an asset and Kyle has been named as a future Pirates captain by MF!!

With the way things are going I doubt very much there will be a long term. And if there is, there won't be enough money to bring any international riders over at this rate.

Which is why favouring riders that spend the whole season UK-based is part of the longer term plan!!

When has speedway ever looked long term, Brady is a good rider and possibly a no brainer on his PL average, if he had a converted EL average i doubt he would be in the team.

I think Jack Holder has far more potential and could go all the way in the sport. I have seen him a few times and some of his overtakes are breathtaking. I think he is a more exciting rider than Brady.

As for calling them the new turbo twins, i think that is ridiculous.

I believe the experience Brady got last year will really benefit him this year he can improve very surprised some people have written him off.Jack H is a decent long term investment he will be a top rider in the future.
  • Like 2