Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Ah well !!! At least Kurtzettes and the Holderettes will be happy !!!! Better tell the track shop to stock loads of "We want Brady" and "We Want Jack" Silk scarves in !!! It'll be like "Bay City Roller Mania" all over again or was it "Bros".

Shang-a-lang !!! :rofl::party::lol: By the way ! HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY !!! :drink:

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

As Matt Ford has stated economically Kurtz over Gomolski was a no brainer.

Young Holder is going to the top in the sport. I have no doubt about it. Has made good progression year upon year. Going to be third heat leader no problem.

With Klindt at reserve his gating alone should bring in a stack of points moving hi nto the team. The good news is that if he does struggle, Kyle will be at reserve and Klindt would then only get three rides with Kyle getting 5 or more if he replaces Shanes in one ride.

Poole will always have a strong reserve.

• Like 1

If people bother to read the full announcement then they'll know some of the reasons why Brady over Kacper!!

With the leagues currently going for a lower level whilst continuing to save costs, MF is continuing his longer term planning to bring through Jack, Brady and Kyle for the future, whilst at the same time hopefully building a team that will compete in 2017.

I appreciate the reasons and Matt ford obviously feels there is a lot more to come from Brady but i also feel although not a club asset Adam Ellis wasn't given too much consideration either and he has at least as much potential for improvement.

• Like 2

I believe the experience Brady got last year will really benefit him this year he can improve very surprised some people have written him off.Jack H is a decent long term investment he will be a top rider in the future.

People expect too much from Brady, especially what was put in the press before the start of last season. Riders improve dramatically in different stages in their career, look at Jason Doyle.

Which is why favouring riders that spend the whole season UK-based is part of the longer term plan!!

Not very long term when people won't turn up to pay for it, is it?

Everybody seemed to think Brady was going to be the new Darcy, which is way too much to expect.Time will tell how far BK will go, but next season should be better for him.

Maybe but Ellis isn't an asset and Kyle has been named as a future Pirates captain by MF!!

Which is why favouring riders that spend the whole season UK-based is part of the longer term plan!!

But as you Poole fans say Matt Ford will do what is right by Poole. If Newman improves his average by some way then he will be shown the door next season if his average doesnt fit.

As Matt Ford has stated economically Kurtz over Gomolski was a no brainer.

Young Holder is going to the top in the sport. I have no doubt about it. Has made good progression year upon year. Going to be third heat leader no problem.

With Klindt at reserve his gating alone should bring in a stack of points moving hi nto the team. The good news is that if he does struggle, Kyle will be at reserve and Klindt would then only get three rides with Kyle getting 5 or more if he replaces Shanes in one ride.

Poole will always have a strong reserve.

Young Holder could have a good future but to say he will be a third heat leader no problem is possibly over stretching it. Brady last season was supposed to be pulling up trees but ended up at reserve at times. To much pressure being put on Holder already by the Poole fans.

And if Klindt moves up and Kyle goes to reserve then that can make Poole weaker as you wouldnt expect Klindt to score well in the top 5.

For example if Klindt gets 10 from 5 at reserve and Newman 6 from 4 riding at number 4 , then thats 16 from those 2 riders.

Kyle would still get 10 from 5 but Klindt i wouldnt expect to score more than Kyle at number 4.

Brady and Jack I don't think will achieve what Chris and Darcy have.

I guess time will tell.

Brady did a decent job in his 1st full top flight season but went missing like the majority of the 1-5 in the play offs.

I can't see much improvement on that starting average.

• Like 2

Well i am very happy with our 1-7. The boys will be getting my full support and backing.

KK - No brainer. Doyle wouldnt even touch him around Poole

Newman - Improving year on year again no brainer

Kurtz - Will be better than this year. A full top flight season under his belt. Future of Poole speedway with Jack.

J. Holder - He is going places will be a Pirate for many years to come.

Hans - Format will suit him right down to ground. Easier races and can ride all sorts of tracks

Klindt - Bargain of the season.

Shanes - No pressure just give it your best shot young man.

not if doyley gets to the first corner in front Jason one of the fastest gaters in the game kk won't catch him
  • Like 3

So its BK what a surprise to say I don't really entertain the idea then I think you all know that, must admit think Gomolski should have been given the nod, and when has Speedway ever been about the future its always been about the here and now.

Well i am very happy with our 1-7. The boys will be getting my full support and backing.

Kurtz - Will be better than this year. A full top flight season under his belt. Future of Poole speedway with Jack.

Hans - Format will suit him right down to ground. Easier races and can ride all sorts of tracks

Newman improving really? Klindt if he does not gate he won't be easily beating the likes of Bates,Clegg (ect) Bargain jury out on that one just glad we didn't sign him reminds me of FinnJensen.

Newman improving really? Klindt if he does not gate he won't be easily beating the likes of Bates,Clegg (ect) Bargain jury out on that one just glad we didn't sign him reminds me of FinnJensen.

And I'm glad we don't have half of your team!! :D

KK - wont see which way Doyle goes if Doyle leads him

Newman - hasnt improved at all while at Poole as his average and the fact he has been at reserve prove. But a trier and would be in my team

Kurtz- let Poole down hugely last season dropping to reserve. Needs to improve.

Holder - could improve just like Ellis did.........but will get released like Ellis if his average doesnt fit

Hans - in decline as you would expect at his age but solid enough

Klindt - ridiculed by Poole fans........now the bargain of the season as he is a Pirate.

Shanes - any points he gets will be a bonus.

You can easily look at the Poole teams both ways but the way some Poole fans 'big' it up i just wonder if they will choke like last season