British Speedway Forum

Decent looking team but the promotors need to make sure you don't have Ellis & Kyle as they both need to be given a chance in the top 5.

Well, if the BSPA are setting the league's rules with the main purpose being to prevent Poole having Newman and Ellis at reserve is, to my mind, an incredibly short-sighted strategy. Newman and Ellis have been two of the better success stories of the EDL system (and their success has not been dramatic!), so your suggestion is more about being anti-Poole than pro-British Speedway.

Currently Elite League speedway has numerous critical issues - the race format being the primary one, which has in turn created the issue with riders on false averages. I'd suggest the best way to remedy this situation is to find a race format that doesn't create such a gulf between the reserves and rest of the team with protected heats, and switch to a rider grading system for a season so everyone can achieve more representative averages.

• Like 2

Buster has it all in hand.... I am sure he will help Poole get back on track next season, after this year's massive disappointment.

Ellis' parent club might have something to say about that.

Im sure he'd prefer Poole but may not be quite as simple as that.

I don't see why not. We are often been told 'riders will ride where they want!'
  • Like 1

You have to be joking re: Batchelor!!

Can't see Poole chasing Harris either, despite an attractive average. I'd have thought that Ford/Middlo will be looking for younger riders for the team.

He will put at least 1.5 points on that average, remember he has come back from a nasty injury.

• Like 1

How long do we have to wait for the AGM ?

Blimey if the dad of a rider doesn't know then the sport really is in a mess.

That's not a dig or sarcasm by the way😀

With Poland's latest stunt think all is in the air

If they go through with it you won't be seeing:

Holder

KK

Lindback

Janowski

Milik

etc etc

Surely the riders won't stand for it unless the Poles pay them a guaranteed salary?

And I mean pay them, not just write a number down on a bit of paper but never pay up like the majority of Polish teams.

Well, if the BSPA are setting the league's rules with the main purpose being to prevent Poole having Newman and Ellis at reserve is, to my mind, an incredibly short-sighted strategy. Newman and Ellis have been two of the better success stories of the EDL system (and their success has not been dramatic!), so your suggestion is more about being anti-Poole than pro-British Speedway.

Currently Elite League speedway has numerous critical issues - the race format being the primary one, which has in turn created the issue with riders on false averages. I'd suggest the best way to remedy this situation is to find a race format that doesn't create such a gulf between the reserves and rest of the team with protected heats, and switch to a rider grading system for a season so everyone can achieve more representative averages.

Surely you are not suggesting that either of Newman and Ellis should be at reserve next year? Both are more than capable of holding their own in the 1-5 (as demonstrated last night) so I wouldn't expect either to be a reserve next year.

• Like 3

Surely you are not suggesting that either of Newman and Ellis should be at reserve next year? Both are more than capable of holding their own in the 1-5 (as demonstrated last night) so I wouldn't expect either to be a reserve next year.

I whole heartily agree with your statement

• Like 1

Matt Ford should definately try to buy Adam Ellis's contract to make him a Poole asset. Both he and Kyle should be nailed on for next year.

Hans was given a two year deal but Matt has made a couple of stipulations for 2017. Have to wait and see there.

Its no secret Matt and Chris Holder havent been good mates for a while but perhaps they can bury the hatchet and try and have a decent working relationship.

Rumours of the return of Milik for next season would be great if true. 5.67 average should be surpassed.

Bye bye to Buckowski. Lost his edge half way through the season and suprised he wasn't replaced tbh.

No thanks to Batchelor regardless of his average.

Thing is, at the moment the PZM are trying to stop riders in the extraleague from riding in both Sweden abd the UK. Riders will have to stand up to this otherwise we won't see any top riders innthe el, so naming riders who ride in Poland and Sweden already is a waste of time.