British Speedway Forum

How is calling them the Turbo twins putting pressure on them? Surely Poole fans just mean they seem them as the top 2 in the team in the future. Although if Darcy isn't keen on them being called that then that's fine.

Good ol' Starman getting Gavan riled. Again...

Yep i looked i knew it was a long time ago. Your no Ipswich fan.

Ever met Matt have you ? No of course you haven't. You just follow the sheep on here.. Funny that.

Really, give them time before you and others write them off.

I haven't written anybody off I'm just saying they will not reach the standard Chris and darcy reached
  • Like 3

Its pointless guessing what level riders will reach imo. Jason Doyle proves the point that some riders mature and hit their peak later than others. Brady and/or Jack could end up being world beaters, and only time will tell...

Its pointless guessing what level riders will reach imo. Jason Doyle proves the point that some riders mature and hit their peak later than others. Brady and/or Jack could end up being world beaters, and only time will tell...

Exactly. However it doesn't change the fact that if they rode for a different side in this league, they would be amazing according to Gavan.
  • Like 1

Lol you t0sser.

Have i got to speak to him then to find out what sort of character he is? I can make my own opinions.

Do you never watch tv and take a dislike to someone you have never met??? Oh and i have met him and he seems a smarmy as he comes across on tv.

I sort of took a dislike to Fred West and im not then keen on Donald Trump but i havent met them does that mean i cant have an opinion?

I havent met you but i know you dont have much going on between the ears

Good job you didn't meet Fred West!!

Exactly. However it doesn't change the fact that if they rode for a different side in this league, they would be amazing according to Gavan.

I'm pretty confident Jack will have a good year at the Showground. That should boost his confidence, which will only benefit him in the Premiership. Some people seem to forget that the lad is only 20, time is on his side...

Edited by Blupanther

Then you do really have the wrong opinion of him, the above word clearly sums you up, a sheep follower As i said, youve never met him, so how can you have an opinion of somebody you've never met... I notice your bouncing from one thread to the next, boring day, again... :icon_smile_clown:

I wonder how you noticed that,somebody must be doing the same :lol:

• Like 1

Please please tell me where i have slated Brady and Jack? Where have i put down there abilities??? Stop making things up just because its me.

They are both great riders who could go on to better things. All i said is that there is pressure from some Poole fans on the pair of them which is quite clearly evident on this forum.

Your going down the path of the 2 usual suspects who dont read what people write , just easier for you to have a go at me obviously

How is calling them the Turbo twins putting pressure on them? Surely Poole fans just mean they seem them as the top 2 in the team in the future. Although if Darcy isn't keen on them being called that then that's fine.

Good ol' Starman getting Gavan riled. Again...

The turbo twins............................................Chris Holder World Champion, Darcy Ward World U21 Champion and would have been senior champion. So comparing Kurtz and J Holder to them is not putting them under pressure ? A very odd viewpoint in my opinion.

• Like 3

The turbo twins............................................Chris Holder World Champion, Darcy Ward World U21 Champion and would have been senior champion. So comparing Kurtz and J Holder to them is not putting them under pressure ? A very odd viewpoint in my opinion.

Matt Ford called them hopefully the 'new turbo twins'. That in itself is praising their abilities but at the same time putting them in the spotlight to perform surely?

I havent heard Robert Lambert being called the next Mark Loram or the current under 21 World Champ Max Fricke being called the new Jason Crump

Just let these young lads ride their bikes and go from there and what will be will be.

Its like a football manager calling his young players the next Messi or Ronaldo, they must then be under pressure to live up to the hype.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

Not really.

Why do Poole fans call them the new 'turbo twins',

1. Good mates like Chris and Darcy

2. Young when came to Poole

3. Aussie obviously

4. Then, ability.

That's how I see it. If you think differently then fine but it doesn't make my view odd or weird. It's what people say when they don't like it if someone has a different opinion.

• Like 1

Not really.

Why do Poole fans call them the new 'turbo twins',

1. Good mates like Chris and Darcy

2. Young when came to Poole

3. Aussie obviously

4. Then, ability.

That's how I see it. If you think differently then fine but it doesn't make my view odd or weird. It's what people say when they don't like it if someone has a different opinion.

Fair enough there are some similarities. However, the question is, does giving this moniker to them add extra pressure (which they don't need). I think the simple answer is yes it does. I wouldn't want any Wolves rider to be labelled the next anything. As for the word odd, please replace with 'baffling' :D

Whether any 'extra pressure' from one or two forum fans has any effect on either of them - I doubt very much!!

For their club promoter to refer to them as potentially being 'the new Turbo Twins', does put a little pressure on them - and why shouldn't it??!! Riders should have pressure on them to do a decent job, ride to their abilities, improve and increase their averages.

Nothing wrong in that - its how most sports work! In any case, what is said publicly is often not what is said privately to the riders themselves - unless they are underperforming?!

Whether any 'extra pressure' from one or two forum fans has any effect on either of them - I doubt very much!!

For their club promoter to refer to them as potentially being 'the new Turbo Twins', does put a little pressure on them - and why shouldn't it??!! Riders should have pressure on them to do a decent job, ride to their abilities, improve and increase their averages.

Nothing wrong in that - its how most sports work! In any case, what is said publicly is often not what is said privately to the riders themselves - unless they are underperforming?!

Ahh, but not all people/riders perform to their optimum when put under pressure. See K.Bjerre and play-offs!