British Speedway Forum

You can't help injuries but dropping a fit rider is baffling - I would deeply dislike the Poole promotion if I were a supporter.

The rule is only if a team redeclares ie makes more than one change at once. 'Like for like' changes are acceptable at any time within the team points total except after 31st July!!

However it will be interesting to see whether Starke comes in on his 5.62 average or his 4H/4A average of 4.12??

Not talking about re-declaration, all teams are due to get new averages as from tomorrow according to Rosco. Not all riders will have achieved their 4/4 altho' all the teams apart from a few riders have. The rule states that in these circumstances the BSPA can impose averages on those riders based on the rides they have had this season.

You can't help injuries but dropping a fit rider is baffling - I would deeply dislike the Poole promotion if I were a supporter.

This change is much of a muchness but I wish my club would be as ruthless as Matt Ford.

It's why we at King's Lynn always fall short and Poole win, no resting on ones laurels.

• Like 1

This change is much of a muchness but I wish my club would be as ruthless as Matt Ford.

It's why we at King's Lynn always fall short and Poole win, no resting on ones laurels.

I'm sure you had many season's of success in the old premier league. You've only stuttered since you came up a league.

Under perform and your out at Poole. Unless you are a blonde Pole of course.

I think he will be out the door if he comes back scoring the same as he was pre-injury.

So you would keep a clearly out of form rider who is a 6 point rider and scored 2 in his last home meeting. It doesn't mean he won't be back.

Good news for us and the Panthers is that Jack Holder reports he is fine following nasty crash with Nick Morris yesterday. Peterborough were well in front at the time so although he didn't appear for re-run I expect that was precautionary.

The rule is only if a team redeclares ie makes more than one change at once. 'Like for like' changes are acceptable at any time within the team points total except after 31st July!!

However it will be interesting to see whether Starke comes in on his 5.62 average or his 4H/4A average of 4.12??

You mean 6.62?

The 4h/4a figure has no relevance

You mean 6.62?

The 4h/4a figure has no relevance

So if the 4h 4a figure is irrelevant how is Paul replacing Kyle.

PS 6.62 KN 6.31

Under perform and your out at Poole. Unless you are a blonde Pole of course.

Pooles troubles all stem from signing KK..................everyone knew he wasnt an out and out number one and its come back on Poole quite hard.

You never know time the play offs come round Tai might be available........at least that way Poole might get within touching distance of Wolves over 2 legs!

Once again no loyalty poor decision

Poole have never been loyal to any rider..........ask Mark Loram!

But then again what do Poole fans want? A winning team that could win the league ..........or being a team that makes up the numbers but retains the same riders all the time. Its perfectly clear that Matt Ford wants the former ............and loyalty isnt in his vocabulary.

So if the 4h 4a figure is irrelevant how is Paul replacing Kyle.

PS 6.62 KN 6.31

Current team total is 49.45, allows up to 6.86 to replace Kyle.

• Like 1

Starke has been solid for Panthers this season, & will probably score more than Newman on current form. Still think that Poole should have given Newman a few matches at reserve, to get his confidence up again.

• Like 1

I'm sure you had many season's of success in the old premier league. You've only stuttered since you came up a league.

We did and the promotion then wasn't shy to make changes.

Since going EL we've gone soft

• Like 1

Well done Mr. Ford.

Not being nasty to Kyle as I respect him but even Kyle said he's not ready.

I said 1 of Newman or Shanes had to go.

If KK comes back and rides like he can then the BSPA might as well give us the title ASAP.

No pressure on Shanes now so hopefully James can relax and get a few points on the road.

Why Shanes though? More often than not he seems to be scoring above his average at home which is all you can ask for from 2 pointer, any points away from home are a bonus.

I've seen Belle Vue fans moan about Jack Smith too, another 2 pointer. I'm not sure what people are expecting from riders on such a low average, there's a reason they are 2 pointers......

Well done Mr. Ford.

Not being nasty to Kyle as I respect him but even Kyle said he's not ready.

I said 1 of Newman or Shanes had to go.

If KK comes back and rides like he can then the BSPA might as well give us the title ASAP.

No pressure on Shanes now so hopefully James can relax and get a few points on the road.

KK hasn't been riding ''like he can'' in for England for years - why would that change?

• Like 1

Shanes was in danger because of other riders scoring poorly (KK & Newman) and that's why I was saying Shanes should go because we cant have a reserve scoring 0 as well as a main body rider struggling to beat anyone other than 2nd strings and reserves.

Whatever Shanes scored was a bonus.

Shanes was in danger because of other riders scoring poorly (KK & Newman) and that's why I was saying Shanes should go because we cant have a reserve scoring 0 as well as a main body rider struggling to beat anyone other than 2nd strings and reserves.

Now that we have brought in Starke for Newman I am more than happy to have James in the team

We now have Starke for Newman and Starke will score 6 points a meeting in the main body therefore that would take some pressure off of James whilst before we had Newman scoring 2-3 points a meeting and Shanes scoring nothing away from home.

If Shanes continues scoring 0 on the road it wouldn't be a big issue now whilst before it was due to other riders.

Starke will get 6 points a meeting whilst Kyle would get 3-4 points a meeting on current form and that means there isn't as much pressure on James to beat fellow 2.00 riders as there was because Starke will be improving our 1-5 overall tally by an extra 2 points

I get why you said that Shanes is/was in danger (even if I don't agree) but why would you replace a 2pt rider with another one and suddenly expect better results? The reason you have a 2 pointer at no7 after all is to accommodate Klindt, who gives you a huge advantage as long as he remains at Reserve.

Anyway, as soon as Wolves replaced Skornicki who was a main body rider not scoring and Clegg, Greaves started to improve. So as you say, some pressure off Shanes might help him too I guess.

Edited by Perton Wolf

Now that we have brought in Starke for Newman I am more than happy to have James in the team

We now have Starke for Newman and Starke will score 6 points a meeting in the main body therefore that would take some pressure off of James whilst before we had Newman scoring 2-3 points a meeting and Shanes scoring nothing away from home.

If Shanes continues scoring 0 on the road it wouldn't be a big issue now whilst before it was due to other riders.

Starke will get 6 points a meeting whilst Kyle would get 3-4 points a meeting on current form and that means there isn't as much pressure on James to beat fellow 2.00 riders as there was because Starke will be improving our 1-5 overall tally by an extra 2 points

NEW POST

If Klindt needs surgery (Hopefully not as I think he's a decent rider)

Would this fit?

KK and Klindt for Przedpelski and Gomolski

You seem quite sure Starke will outscore Newman? Please give evidence as to why as his form in the top flight this season has been shocking.

Nothing between Newman and Starke as riders so im interested to know why you think he will be getting 6 or 7 points a meeting for you??

Starke in the premiership.......7,5,4,3,3,4,7,0,7

Newman in the premiership.... 3,6,2,4

You think he is that much better??

Edited by Gavan