British Speedway Forum

You seem quite sure Starke will outscore Newman? Please give evidence as to why as his form in the top flight this season has been shocking.

Nothing between Newman and Starke as riders so im interested to know why you think he will be getting 6 or 7 points a meeting for you??

Starke in the premiership.......7,5,4,3,3,4,7,0,7

Newman in the premiership.... 3,6,2,4

You think he is that much better??

I agree about their respective ability but it is just that Newman is in such poor form currently so the change is needed now. The problem occurred because we let Kerr go as soon as Newman was available which was a mistake and now he has been snapped up elsewhere, we should have waited for Newman to get back his form first.

Not when KK wasn't beating Heat Leaders

and Newman not beating second strings

We needed Shanes to be beating the opposite No.7s due to the poor form of the riders above.

I wouldn't of dropped Shanes for another 2 pointer I would of done a double change.

I mentioned a couple of days ago Przedpelski and Starke for KK and Shanes

Championship form.

Starke has been very consistent in the Championship.

Most of the riders are doubling up as Premiership 2nd strings now and Starke has been beating them in the Championship therefore he will be able to do it on current form in the Premiership

Whilst Newman hasn't really done anything for Ipswich so if we kept Newman and he dropped to reserve we are taking a risk we can't afford to take as we will lose Klindt's scoring power at reserve for a struggling Newman who isn't confident at the minute and with no No.1 the team could of fell apart with no high scoring reserve and no No.1.

With Starke coming in we now have a rider riding with confidence who knows our track well and was awesome at reserve when he last rode for us.

If the Premiership averages never change Newman could never drop to reserve as long as Klindt is in the team!

Agree 100%

I would've kept Kerr and let Newman do a fair few meetings for Ippo and then bring him back.

Whole thing has been a mess tbh.

But MF has done the right thing loyalty cost is last season and MF won't make that mistake again

How would you be allowed to do that? Kerr was an injury replacement. Once the month was up and Kyle said he was fit enough to come back you can't keep Kerr unless you sign him properly.

The next signing for Poole will be the return of a another ex pirate Kacper Gomolski. They really are strengthening up to make that push for the play offs.

It is very hard luck on Kyle especially as he is local and served the club very well.

He may be an option up at Leicester to replace Danny Ayres but we already know from Danny King doubling up that Ipswich have some Saturday meetings coming up and some away clashes. The Lions also have more points to play with so may wait for a better option

have total respect for matt ford as a promoter and speedway tactician however maybe as an optimist and contaray to mf's opinion i actually thought the current team could crack it at the business end of the season,kk will regain his form,him bk and ha could be near unbeatable at wimborne rd when the two legged matches kick in and with always one strong reserve and possibly holder and klindt as 2nd strings we would take some beating,anyway,all the best to kyle, be positive and move on

Not when KK wasn't beating Heat Leaders

and Newman not beating second strings

We needed Shanes to be beating the opposite No.7s due to the poor form of the riders above.

I wouldn't of dropped Shanes for another 2 pointer I would of done a double change.

I mentioned a couple of days ago Przedpelski and Starke for KK and Shanes

Championship form.

Starke has been very consistent in the Championship.

Most of the riders are doubling up as Premiership 2nd strings now and Starke has been beating them in the Championship therefore he will be able to do it on current form in the Premiership

Whilst Newman hasn't really done anything for Ipswich so if we kept Newman and he dropped to reserve we are taking a risk we can't afford to take as we will lose Klindt's scoring power at reserve for a struggling Newman who isn't confident at the minute and with no No.1 the team could of fell apart with no high scoring reserve and no No.1.

With Starke coming in we now have a rider riding with confidence who knows our track well and was awesome at reserve when he last rode for us.

Championship form is totally irrelevant. Different tracks for a start.

Starke was good at reserve for you .........but so again is Newman. Starke is going up into the top 5 ....a position he couldnt handle this season already.

I dont see Starke as someone who is going to give you a lot more than what Newman is doing right now, around 4-7 points a meeting

• Like 1

Skidder perhaps I didn't phrase my thoughts properly when I said unfortunately about Matt making changes I should have said unfortunately for Kyle

Who would Gomolski come in for? Replacement for Klindt or Holder?

Don't want to annoy another Holder!

The next signing for Poole will be the return of a another ex pirate Kacper Gomolski. They really are strengthening up to make that push for the play offs.

It is very hard luck on Kyle especially as he is local and served the club very well.

He may be an option up at Leicester to replace Danny Ayres but we already know from Danny King doubling up that Ipswich have some Saturday meetings coming up and some away clashes. The Lions also have more points to play with so may wait for a better option

Who would Gomolski be replacing????

your point is what??

He has had a bad injury and lack of track time means he is scoring low and probably lacking in confidence.

Matt Ford doesnt have the patience to see if he can turn it around, which has always been the case and is part of the reason Poole have been successful.

But with Klindt out looking long term and Holder now injured things are getting tricky

An injury caused by a rubbishe track at where was it, oh yes Poole.

So another fast track reserve dropped when in the top 5.

What a great success that scheme was.

The rule is only if a team redeclares ie makes more than one change at once. 'Like for like' changes are acceptable at any time within the team points total except after 31st July!!

However it will be interesting to see whether Starke comes in on his 5.62 average or his 4H/4A average of 4.12??

Got to be 4.12 if Rohan is allowed in on a 5 point average.

no wonder people walk away from speedway kyle was has good as any of the other two riders mention a lot will not be happy with this lets hope kyle comes back and bites matt bum :t:

• Like 2

An injury caused by a rubbishe track at where was it, oh yes Poole.

So another fast track reserve dropped when in the top 5.

What a great success that scheme was.

Got to be 4.12 if Rohan is allowed in on a 5 point average.

Who has Rohan signed for on a 5 point average? Old averages apply until new green sheets are released.

Who has Rohan signed for on a 5 point average? Old averages apply until new green sheets are released.

When he will sign for someone on his new 5 point average.

I guess he's been aware that would happen & has been happy to wait till then.

Swindon would be my bet.