British Speedway Forum

Unless you kiss Fords ass on the Poole forum he don't like it the bloke is simply childish and pathetic.

Probably because sponsors read it and they wonder what the heck they have got involved with!!

Can't really see Milik dropping Czecho really can't however strong his love is for Poole

And for the love of Ford why can't you drop the obsession with next season all the time PooleBolton?! I'm not a Poole fan but if I was it would do my nellies in , it's about now next week and the rest of this bloody season , I don't think most Poole fans could currently give a rats about Magic and next year blah blah blah

• Like 1

Poole forum now closed due to losing potential sponsors, apparently.

Nothing to do with his stupid decision to drop probably the most marketable rider in the 2017 team? Hes local and fans can relate to that.

Its Fords own fault. Most potential sponsors are fans first anyway. They watch and listen to terrace talk. They are not stupid, they know whats going on.

Kyle will do almost anything to help promote Poole Speedway, take his bike to schools, shopping centres, talk to the fans, photos etc are never a problem. He works very hard on sponsorship.

I really like Paul Starke and his Dad Tony. Smashing people.I sincerely wish Paul all the best at Poole, I am very pleased to welcome him into the team

Same goes for Kyle, whoever he ends up riding for.

Good luck to both riders, as their form will be under severe scrutiny from a lot of fans.

• Like 6

Very disappointing on both regards. Thanks for all the service Kyle. You're a Poole legend in the eyes of myself, and many others. I look forward to seeing you in the skull and crossbones again soon. This is nothing against Paul Starke mind, who has always been a pleasure to watch in Poole colours.

As for closing down the Poole forum, well, that's simply laughable behaviour.

• Like 3

I can understand why Newman has been dropped as his on track performances havent been good enough.

But if you drop someone............someone who has been with the club for a long time and given good service..........then you need to replace them with someone who is better..........nothing between Starke and Newman at this level..........and lets not forget how poor Starke has been in the top level this season...hence he didnt have a team after being sacked.

Poole did this with Holder........replacing him with a lesser ride in this case in Kasprzak and look how that has turned out.

Starke may well get 7-8 every meeting then the change is justified..........in my opinion i cant see that

Probably because sponsors read it and they wonder what the heck they have got involved with!!

But Matt needs to be careful that because this one has been closed an unofficial forum does not post even worse comments that the sponsors could just as easily read. In fact some of the sponsors might even read the bsf to get a feel of what the fans think.

He's nearly closed it a few times in the past, i guess this was the final straw!

As you say the writing has been on the wall with that for a few years and I had seen an improvement (i.e. a couple of inane posters had seemed to have disappeared in recent times) however the sacking of Kyle has lead to a bit of a meltdown. I posted on there only yesterday morning to return today to see it gone all but the updates section! I never understood why peptalk didn't just ban the continual offending posters as he policed the forum admirably (unlike on here).

For what it's worth this move by Matt Ford has surprised me as he really has alienated a fairly large section of supporters. Kyle, whilst never pulling up tress, has be a fantastic, reliable and hugely loyal Poole rider for the last 4-5 years and that has earned him a hell of a lot of love on the terraces. His never say die style of riding (when fully fit) was always a joy to watch.

Whilst I tend to agree with most of Matt's rider management (but not always his business acumen!), this is a very poor decision which may cost him in more ways than one.

Edited by chris4gillian

STARKE FOR NEWMAN ?????? !!!!!! What is Ford playing at ? :o While I like Paul, as a rider and bloke, he had hit the bottom rung when GM released him from Rebels, as someone said earlier he's got to hit the ground winning for you guys. I hope he rekindles his previous form and he could well shine for Poole but because he hasn't really proved himself since parting company with Rebels, I think it's a risky move ! Never the less, I wish Starkey and Pirates all the best for the rest of the season ! Feel gutted for Kyle also.

I think it was a brave or some might say stupid decision by Matt Ford because it could result in his paying customers not turning up and Paul Starke will be under pressure to perform from the off but he is in reasonable form for Peterborough and if he does score well in his first few meetings then the flack Matt Ford is getting now may be a distant memory.

As you say the writing has been on the wall with that for a few years and I had seen an improvement (i.e. a couple of inane posters had seemed to have disappeared in recent times) however the sacking of Kyle has lead to a bit of a meltdown. I posted on there only yesterday morning to return today to see it gone all but the updates section! I never understood why peptalk didn't just ban the continual offending posters as he policed the forum admirably (unlike on here).

For what it's worth this move by Matt Ford has surprised me as he really has alienated a fairly large section of supporters. Kyle, whilst never pulling up tress, has be a fantastic, reliable and hugely loyal Poole rider for the last 4-5 years and that has earned him a hell of a lot of love on the terraces. His never say die style of riding (when fully fit) was always a joy to watch.

Whilst I tend to agree with most of Matt's rider management (but not always his business acumen!), this is a very poor decision which may cost him in more ways than one.

As i said could understand it if you are getting a better rider that could improve the team as sentiment doesnt come into success.........but is Starke that much of an improvement??

Not sure I'm right here but why didn't Poole just wait for the new averages so that Newman could've dropped back into Reserve with Klindt moving into the main body of the team?

Starke is hardly an improvement, wasn't good at all for Somerset this season. Obviously might be a bit better at Poole but why would his form drastically change away from home?

• Like 1

I personally know all party's involved in this move, but I must say this looks like a move of DESPERATION on Matt Fords part as well as a huge P.R. disaster.

• Like 2

As i said could understand it if you are getting a better rider that could improve the team as sentiment doesnt come into success.........but is Starke that much of an improvement??

I don't think bringing Paul Starke back to Poole is much of an issue as he was also very popular a couple of years ago and he should score like for like which doesn't really do us as a team any improvement which is why it's such a baffling decision. It's the sacking of Kyle which has hit the supporters very hard.

I also feel quite sorry for Paul as the situation isn't his fault, but I feel he may get a bit of an unjust backlash from the 'boo boys'. Matt Ford has also told him he HAS to hit the ground running or he's out too!! The whole thing seems very strange...

• Like 1

Not sure I'm right here but why didn't Poole just wait for the new averages so that Newman could've dropped back into Reserve with Klindt moving into the main body of the team?

Starke is hardly an improvement, wasn't good at all for Somerset this season. Obviously might be a bit better at Poole but why would his form drastically change away from home?

If Newman had a run at reserve he would be ok but how many people would be confident of Klindt in a top five.?

Probably already explained elsewhere but a simple genuine question where is Middlo? Don't follow him on twitter so haven't seen much of him on social media recently