British Speedway Forum

Holder has gone. Not in Poole team for 2017.

Matt looking for strength in depth with decent reserves, although one will probably be a 3.

Andersen to lead the team, with Jack Holder, Kyle Newman, Brady Kurtz. Plus a 3 pointer.

I do hope Ellis gets himself picked up. Rye House could be a good bet. Don't hang around Adam get on the phone to promoters straight away.

Poole missing a trick with no Holder.

Andersen on the downgrade and Kurtz and Holder are not elite league top quality yet and Newman is what he is.

Why Poole have dumped Ellis is beyond me. The biggest improver by a mile and now dumped. His average is 100% correct yet he is replace by Jack Holder when arguably there is nothing between them. Back the brits!!

• Like 2

personal bug bear of mine, I bet there's a whole heap of sponsorship waiting for Holder jnr. Back the Brits ??

i know we dont see eye to eye on some things but ive always said Adam had a brilliant season (at the time i still felt Bates deserved the reserve in the world cup, but i admit Adam has kicked on more) and the way Poole have treated him is awful in my opinion. Jack Holder is a good rider but Adam could take another big leap forward next year but instead been cast aside. Why promotors dont back young brits is beyond me

• Like 1

Matt looking for strength in depth with decent reserves, although one will probably be a 3.

Andersen to lead the team, with Jack Holder, Kyle Newman, Brady Kurtz. Plus a 3 pointer.

I do hope Ellis gets himself picked up. Rye House could be a good bet. Don't hang around Adam get on the phone to promoters straight away.

So that's five riders. Who are the other two then? ;)

personal bug bear of mine, I bet there's a whole heap of sponsorship waiting for Holder jnr. Back the Brits ??

My view would be to sign both J Smith and Jack Parkinson-Blackburn at 6 & 7 both on 2 point averages. They are 2 youngsters going places IMO. That would leave you with 46 points to fill your boots.

Yes there will be reverses in some reserve races but if we are talking about s so called bright new dawn for British Speedway then let's promote the youth (especially those with talent).

I am sure that a stronger top order would outweigh the 2 inexperienced reserves and just think how the likes of JPB and JS would benefit long term riding with stronger established riders.

It's not all doom and gloom if you view it from a different angle. 46 points would still allow you to employ CH his brother and other strong riders.

i know we dont see eye to eye on some things but ive always said Adam had a brilliant season (at the time i still felt Bates deserved the reserve in the world cup, but i admit Adam has kicked on more) and the way Poole have treated him is awful in my opinion. Jack Holder is a good rider but Adam could take another big leap forward next year but instead been cast aside. Why promotors dont back young brits is beyond me

Fair points made but personally think Jack Holder has far more potential than Ellis and with Chris in our team could have been helpful, haven't heard Chris won't be officially but understandable if he isn't with his high average. Personally wouldn't have Brady Kurtz with with his high average

Edited by foreverblue

Andersen 10.01

Newman 6.61

Holder 6.92

Kurtz 9.22

Milik 7.94

Leaves 9.30

If C.Holder is not at Poole in 2017 how does that effect his visa will Poland/Sweden now be sponsoring him

Milik has signed in Poland (extraliga), Sweden & his home league, can't do the UK now as the Polish Extraliga won't allow it.

Hopefully some club will take a chance. He had a brilliant season. Fully understand why he is worried but he really should have been in the PL not the NL.

I'm sure some clubs might be considering using him. I'd welcome him at Wolves.

On a 7+ average which would see him riding as a heatleader?

Depends how the team is built, lots of riders on 7's and 8's.

Very sad to see Holder effectively pushed out the league. I wonder if Swindon will be forced to do the same with Doyle when they sit down and try to put a team together.

I think there will be a lot of fans who give up on the sport when they see the teams being put together.

• Like 1

Milik has signed in Poland (extraliga), Sweden & his home league, can't do the UK now as the Polish Extraliga won't allow it.

I still don't see how this is going to be enforced. If so are we discount all riders that have signed Ekstraliga & Elitserien? What about Poles & Swedes, as those leagues are their home leagues? Gomolski instead of Milik, average very similar.

Poole missing a trick with no Holder.

Andersen on the downgrade and Kurtz and Holder are not elite league top quality yet and Newman is what he is.

Why Poole have dumped Ellis is beyond me. The biggest improver by a mile and now dumped. His average is 100% correct yet he is replace by Jack Holder when arguably there is nothing between them. Back the brits!!

Technically, until Adam gets a team place, the likes of Jack Holder shouldn't get work permit. Work permits in any field can only be applied for if there is nobody capable of doing the job already available. If Adam is available.....

Worked for Mark Loram in 2002 when Eastbourne had to bring him in for Krys Cegielski (when Poles needed work permits)

Edited by SCB

Is that confirmed yet? I thought Skidder said both Holders were signed up!

Just to add my thoughts ref Adam i really enjoyed watching him and to be honest feel a bit let down that he wont be at Poole this year in the new format i feel personally he would hold his own really hope to see him again this season at Wimbourne rd even riding against us