British Speedway Forum

Very sad to see Holder effectively pushed out the league. I wonder if Swindon will be forced to do the same with Doyle when they sit down and try to put a team together.

I think there will be a lot of fans who give up on the sport when they see the teams being put together.

He has not been pushed out of the league, Matt has chosen to leave him out, simple as that!
  • Like 1

The sooner a team (I suspect Wolves) confirm the signing of Klindt the better, he is in every team posted so far.

• Like 1

A mad decision to leave Holder out, unreal to be honest Andersen on the downgrade Newman in the top 5 think he is a gamble strength in depth how many teams win things with out a top man.?Just hope Swindon base there team around Doyle for as long as possible someone who can lead by example the same as Holder.

• Like 1

This really is terrible news for speedway. What a truly pathetic league this has turned into. I will not be attending a single meeting next season, and I won't even bother watching on Sky.

You need to spend and invest to grow a brand, not cut costs and dilute the product. If only promoters took some notice of what their fans had been saying 10+ years ago then they wouldn't be in this mess. Complete lack of foresight and willing to embrace the changing eras lead to this disaster and it's only downhill from here.

He has not been pushed out of the league, Matt has chosen to leave him out, simple as that!

If he doesn't get a team then he has been forced out because of his stupid average. This is forcing decent riders out of the league. It's depressing how British speedway has downgraded itself in the last 10 years, and crowd numbers have gone with that.

If the weaker teams attracted crowds and a good atmosphere then it would be fine, but they won't.

• Like 1

This really is terrible news for speedway. What a truly pathetic league this has turned into. I will not be attending a single meeting next season, and I won't even bother watching on Sky.

You need to spend and invest to grow a brand, not cut costs and dilute the product. If only promoters took some notice of what their fans had been saying 10+ years ago then they wouldn't be in this mess. Complete lack of foresight and willing to embrace the changing eras lead to this disaster and it's only downhill from here.

you no need to post on here anymore then

Quite possibly the best post yet on the topic from a Poole fan

Totally correct in that Adam earned his average.

And totally correct that its comparable with other riders in the league, a fact missed by many.

Poole should in my opinion have built the side around Holder, Newman and Ellis

so on the whole debate only you and Shovlar see an issue with Adam's average, nothing new that you 2 cant see the wood for the trees.

Poole have sacked a Brit, a Brit who improved leaps and bounds. And instead of him we will see the likes of Jack Holder and someone like Palm Toft.

Adams average is comparable with every other rider and thats a fact not opinion.

Poole speedway put a young improving Brit out of a team place

Adam Ellis is a better rider than Newman and Howarth and his average reflects that.

He isnt a good as Garrity or Lambert and his average reflects that, though i could see Ellis getting closer to both

Take a good look at the thread and the views of your own Poole fans. They admit Adam made a mistake not riding Premier and they admit his average is fair and spot on.

that's because they want to win over everything even over the good of british speedway

Having completely blown my "Tonight Matthew I will be Matt Ford" debut by using the wrong list - I am bacfk to give you another attempt to tear apart :-)

With Chris Holder

C Holder 12.53

J Holder 7.16

H Andersen 10.01

K Newman 6.31

K Buczkowski 8.43

E. Perks 3.00

Development Rider (not risking another NL guess after Basebygate) 2.00 Total 49.44

Without Hans Andersen

C Holder 12.53

J Holder 7.16

K Gomolski 7.71

K Newman 6.31

T Bachelor 7.36

T Kurtz 5.76

E Perks 3.00 Total 49.83

Without Chris Holder

H Andersen 10.01

K Newman 6.31

B Kurtz 9.22

J Holder 7.16

K Buczkowski 8.43

T Kurtz 5.76

E Perks 3 Total 49.89

To save Adam Ellis keeping Matts promise to Hans

H Andersen 10.01

A Ellis 7.84

K Gomolski 7.71

J Holder 7.16

T Bachelor 7.36

K Newman 6.31

E Perks 3.00 Total 49.39

I would watch any of those 4 combinations - I will not however as I am sure the real Matt Ford will stand up and do a better job :-)

• Like 1

If he doesn't get a team then he has been forced out because of his stupid average. This is forcing decent riders out of the league. It's depressing how British speedway has downgraded itself in the last 10 years, and crowd numbers have gone with that.

If the weaker teams attracted crowds and a good atmosphere then it would be fine, but they won't.

Poole allegedly don't want to use him, that's possibly why he won't get a team. Poole don't think he's worth his average, they obviously don't appreciate him.

Brady didn't ride enough PL meetings in 2016 to get an average!! ;-)

Brady kurtz confirmed pl ave 7-65 on bspa website!
  • Like 2

Why on earth has the points limit been set at 50.00

Its not our fault that David Hemsley and the BV promotion dont know how to run a speedway club.

Not surprised that Ellis has been told he is not wanted. I hope Adam gets a team place elsewhere STUPID RULES!

I would take KK over Andersen. No GP's therefore KK should be fully focused.

If Brady Kurtz is a 9.02/9.22 average then I wouldn't have Brady in my side.

Got to be honest this is the first season ever that I am worrying if we can get a title winning 1-7 together all of our top riders have 10.00 averages.

Points limit is fine and teams need to work within them for the good of the sport.

Holder hasnt been forced out, he dislikes Ford and hates the track.

Poole could fit him in and still track a decent side

As pointed out by everyone (including all Poole fans) Adam Ellis has a fair average. You are clueless if you think he should be lower then say Howarth. Poole not using him is just plain daft. Sack an improving Brit!!

A mad decision to leave Holder out, unreal to be honest Andersen on the downgrade Newman in the top 5 think he is a gamble strength in depth how many teams win things with out a top man.?Just hope Swindon base there team around Doyle for as long as possible someone who can lead by example the same as Holder.

100% correct. Take a look at the team Kings Lynn came up with which includes NKI, King, Lambert as heat leaders and Lewis Rose as a second string and Huchenbeck at reserve. It shows it can be done and personally Holder is a huge loss

You got the hump because these new rules dont help Poole............well rubbish happens. Im sure Poole speedway wont miss you. The true fans of Poole will support their side

There is just no way we could use 12.5 something points on 1 rider as much as i would like to Chris back.

I want KK to be our No.1 but again can we afford to use 11.?? on 1 rider.

Hans Andersen & Chris Harris is the way to go imo.

Nicolai Klindt anyone? Riders will go where they can get the best deal and no doubt Matt will offer the best deal.

yes you can

• Like 1

Brady kurtz confirmed pl ave 7-65 on bspa website!

With rolling averages you only need to race 1 match to get a new rolling ave though!

Keep seeing gomolski coming up on these suggested line ups. surly poole fans would rather have kurtz or Ellis on comparable averages?

• Like 1

Keep seeing gomolski coming up on these suggested line ups. surly poole fans would rather have kurtz or Ellis on comparable averages?

If Poole sign Gomolski rather than Ellis that that is poor for the future of British Speedway

• Like 1