Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

@Gater1 You say that teams can't (shouldn't) use 11+ points on a rider, but the team points limit is 50, which is an unsustainable figure for basically every team bar the eventual league champs (a successful team), so most teams in the league will see averages fall in the first Premiership season... With that being the case, why not invest in a standout No.1 who will make mincemeat of this weakened league? His average will likely drop (certainly will for Holder, Doyle etc), but you'll have one of the league's best riders! Following on from that, the riders most likely to improve (conceptionally) would be those with the lowest averages - i.e. the ones you'd have to use if you include top-end riders

Everyone is so focused on rider averages based on the x1.4 multiplication, but, at the end of the day the league will be won by a team with riders capable or improving or overachieving. Adam Ellis, is a rider I'd expect to continue to make strides next season, so on the basis he earned his current average, and he is a progressive rider, he is worth including in your team.

@Gavan Cheers!

• Like 1

you no need to post on here anymore then

Exactly the attitude of the idiot promoters who got us into this mess :t:

You got the hump because these new rules dont help Poole............well rubbish happens. Im sure Poole speedway wont miss you. The true fans of Poole will support their side

I've got the hump because the league has went to the dogs. There is a difference between being a true fan and being an idiot. If you want to keep paying for the trash they are serving under the guise of "Premiership" speedway then you go right ahead.

One day you'll come to realise that the "true fans" are the ones being taken for mugs. Every year the promoters cut corners to save money and every year the attendances drop because of this. Eventually all that will be left are the "true fans" paying through the nose for utter garbage speedway.

You "true fans" are actually the ones that enable the promoters to get away with robbing the public on a weekly basis and you're part of the problem. We should be demonstrating that the ever decreasing quality of the product is not okay. Reducing the quality of the product and living off the "true fans" of 30 years ago is not an acceptable alternative to investing in and professionally promoting the sport.

The real true fans are the ones who like me are heartbroken to see the sport go this way. Even the dullest pencil in the box can see that the fans are dying out, the current fans are being taken for mugs and there is a complete lack of fresh young supporters coming into our grandstands. You think you're going to attract fresh blood with a forever diluting product? Use your noggin.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

Brilliant news about Brady Kurtz being on a 7.65 average.

Fiddling at work already and it's only November?

Fiddling at work already and it's only November?

And how did you come to that conclusion ?

Can't understand at all why matt has decided against Adam Ellis next year he improved heeps last year and is equally as gd as alot of other riders who have the same averages,he spent the majority of time at no2 last year. Then we will go sign a foreign rider *angry!!!*

I hope matt goes down the KK route as he's definitely worth the extra point and much stronger no1.

Edited by PTW
  • Like 1

Not that I'm attempting to read MF's mind but I guess Adam Ellis would be a heat leader in a number of Poole suggested 1-7s - hence the unfortunate decision not to be able to fit him in!!

• Like 1

Not that I'm attempting to read MF's mind but I guess Adam Ellis would be a heat leader in a number of Poole suggested 1-7s - hence the unfortunate decision not to be able to fit him in!!

Fair point to a degree but if you look at other riders who will be heatleaders he would be as strong imo.

Can't understand at all why matt has decided against Adam Ellis next year he improved heeps last year and is equally as gd as alot of other riders who have the same averages,he spent the majority of time at no2 last year. Then we will go sign a foreign rider *angry!!!*

Glad that Poole supporters are at last seeing through Ford's historical method of team building and one day it was always going to

be shown up now we are trying to promote home grown riders.

With the official averages here is my new team. With Ellis also not riding.

1. KK=11

2.K.Newman=6.31

3.B.Kurtz= 7.65

4.J.Holder=7.16

5.Hans=10.01

6 Someone from Europe on 4.00 average

7.Ellis Perks=3.00 Would rather have 6 strong and 1 weak and with Middlo help can improve a lot

49.12 0.88 left over to add onto one of reserves for potential better rider

Or

1. Kennett= 9.27

2.J.Holder=7.16

3.Kurtz= 7.65

4.Batch=7.36

5.Harris=9.21

6.Newman=6.31

7.Ellis Perks=3.00

49.96. Depends really between two teams.

With rolling averages you only need to race 1 match to get a new rolling ave though!

That's certainly not what they were saying as the riders needed to have a Premier League average from meetings in 2016 & not on rolling averages.

Are we going to have a two pointer in the lineup?