British Speedway Forum

Sorted. I hope bachelor continues his dreadful slide in form and that wouldn't surprise me.

Totally agree Batchelor deserves very little support in the UK and should ride abroad where his performances have been surprisingly better!

• Like 2

Andersen 10.01

J Holder 7.16
Batchelor 7.36
Kurtz 7.65
Gomolski 7.71
Newman 6.31
3.8 remaining.
Still don't think it tops...
Lindgren 10.09
Musielak 6.34
A rider up to 5.63 but more than 5.42
Masters 8.97
Harris 9.21
Clegg 4.34
Klindt 5.42

Surely with that Poole line up u go Ellis not gomolski. Or more likely upgrade that position to a 2nd heat leader such as harris and use a 2 pointer.

For that wolves team, surely Thorssel rather than musielak and again downgrade number 7. weaker reserve only needs 3 rides, so I can see moat teams going this route. additionally, if moat teams have a weak 7 they can at least take points off each other.

Surely with that Poole line up u go Ellis not gomolski. Or more likely upgrade that position to a 2nd heat leader such as harris and use a 2 pointer.

For that wolves team, surely Thorssel rather than musielak and again downgrade number 7. weaker reserve only needs 3 rides, so I can see moat teams going this route. additionally, if moat teams have a weak 7 they can at least take points off each other.

I haven't seen Lindback in any team permutations - and he is such a great rider too!

• Like 1

A heat leader on near enough a 9pt average who ends up getting excluded or falling off 40% of the time is not value for money.

Batchelor, Korneliussen & Schlein experienced riders on lower averages are better value.

Have you watched Garrity much last year? In his last 6 meetings for the bees he scored 7,16 ,7, 11, 13, 11 with injuries so more than capable of scoring up to his average and that was in the main team.

He's using his 8+ PL average which he earnt so not inflated. With teams looking to be even weaker this year, he should average that again easily.

I like Rory but I think the 3 above have declined over the last 3 years whilst Garrity is young and improving. Rory's injuries have sadly affected his riding a lot.

As for Batchelor, I hope you sign him as will mean we don't. He won't race if there's a few drops of rain and spends a lot of time giving up at the back if he's not out the gate fast now. He was a good rider but his negative attitude gets in the way

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 5

Gater1 check your facts about how often Ellis rode at reserve and how much I'm the main team before you spout rubbish. Ellis doesn't have a false average which 95% of Poole fans know and agree with. Seems to me only you, Starman and Shovlar don't agree!! Nothing new there then. Poole are dumping a promising young Brit that's a fact you can't argue with. Get in Batchelor or Watt and see a you g improving brit out of a team place, well done

• Like 5

Terrible team in my view, can't use Ellis or Kurtz on those averages makes the reserves too weak, ok with one 3 pointer but two isn't viable. Regarding Ellis, Matt Ford has told him their is virtually no chance of him being offered a team place which is a shame but in reality you can get a better rider on a lower average, Batchelor, Watt, Milik, Gomolski etc.

Now Brady is on 7.65 there's 5.51 remaining for the second reserve.

Know it's not going to happen though due to Matt's statement about Adam.

Still believe the doors not shut on Chris though.

• Like 1

Gater1 check your facts about how often Ellis rode at reserve and how much I'm the main team before you spout rubbish. Ellis doesn't have a false average which 95% of Poole fans know and agree with. Seems to me only you, Starman and Shovlar don't agree!! Nothing new there then. Poole are dumping a promising young Brit that's a fact you can't argue with. Get in Batchelor or Watt and see a you g improving brit out of a team place, well done

i am gutted adam is not in Matt's plan's that's par with Matt not keen on GB riders adam improved know end last season should have been one of the first names in the team sheet our loss will be another teams gain I'm afraid
  • Like 2

A heat leader on near enough a 9pt average who ends up getting excluded or falling off 40% of the time is not value for money.

Batchelor, Korneliussen & Schlein experienced riders on lower averages are better value.

6 exclusions out of 88 races for Coventry is hardly 40%. (6.818% actually)

• Like 6

Does it nmatter, it's all about the Pirates giving him a job in 2017 after racing so well for you in 2016!

Yes, it could well have mattered. What if he struggled more in PL than EL like Kyle, might have been able to fit him in then.

Yes, it could well have mattered. What if he struggled more in PL than EL like Kyle, might have been able to fit him in then.

You could fit him in anyway, if Matt wanted to!!

You could fit him in anyway, if Matt wanted to!!

So can the 8 other clubs ;) But supposedly not having offers from any of them, says a lot to me.

Ellis could easily be fitted in

His average fits in with all the other young brits, higher than Newman and Howarth, and lower than Garrity or Lambert.

Even his dad has been saying its ridiculous how he is out of a team place but jonny foreigner can come in with loads of sponsorship.

Its left a bad taste with most Poole fans on here that Matt Ford has told him already that he isnt part of the plans.

Seem to remember Poole doing this before sacking Howarth for Mickey Dyer.

So can the 8 other clubs ;) But supposedly not having offers from any of them, says a lot to me.

Why? Nobody has really done any team building yet.

Ellis scored heavily from number 2 at Poole last season, getting 7 and 8 points a meeting.

If he goes to another home track then he could be seen as a risk as he would need time to get used to the track

He would be no risk for Poole at all

• Like 1

At least he let him know early so can get fixed up, rather than making him wait.

Gavan - you were slagging Ellis off at the end of last season saying he wasn't good enough to be in top 5 cos he was struggling away from home and now you say he's the best thing since sliced bread? Is this your anti Poole stuff again?

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 3

But the Pirates were the team he rode so well for, who he deserves loyalty from but no, he's just one of a long list of riders that Matt has used and discarded.

• Like 1