British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Plymouth 2017

so your just in a small way making an effort to kill speedway off in plymouth

Dropping out of the PL has all but finished Plymouth anyway. Whether it's two, three or a few more years - This is the beginning of the end. I pledged my hard earned cash last year like a number of the fanzine to keep the club afloat - That was a damn sight more than entrance money!

I did that to keep my club running and then discover the total dishonesty of the previous promotion. What I love is Bowden going into the papers saying he's trying to save the club. Of course he is, how much did he pay to walk in every week last season? Not a penny. The guy is in it for himself and I won't support that.

I'll pop along to the odd away meeting and I'll visit some meetings around the country to support the sport but I won't do that at the SBA.

Would love more of the truth to come out, as I said, if I was involved he wouldn't be allowed in the Stadium, paying or not.

I'll be honest, if it's Bowden or anyone from the current promotion I'll not part with any money at the SBA.

just the type of message some people who it sounds like trying save the club want to hear

Dropping out of the Premier League has all but finished the club...

Seriously that's rubbish national league hasn't even turned a wheel there yet.. that's a bad way to be really.

And yes Bowden or whoever takes it on has to be in it for himself/themselves they have to make a profit and that includes putting a winning side together putting on a show and keeping it open for all you to go and visit whoever takes it over isn't a charity..

Dropping out of the PL has all but finished Plymouth anyway. Whether it's two, three or a few more years - This is the beginning of the end. I pledged my hard earned cash last year like a number of the fanzine to keep the club afloat - That was a damn sight more than entrance money!

I did that to keep my club running and then discover the total dishonesty of the previous promotion. What I love is Bowden going into the papers saying he's trying to save the club. Of course he is, how much did he pay to walk in every week last season? Not a penny. The guy is in it for himself and I won't support that.

I'll pop along to the odd away meeting and I'll visit some meetings around the country to support the sport but I won't do that at the SBA.

I believe much of the money Colin Hill left for Exeter to find a new home as gone into the Plymouth coffers along with many individuals money, what have they done with it all , unless the WONDERFUL structure called the Colin Hill Stand has used up all the money to build it :rolleyes: , complete with all the scaffold poles etc, I wonder how that got through Elf & Safety?

I believe much of the money Colin Hill left for Exeter to find a new home as gone into the Plymouth coffers along with many individuals money, what have they done with it all , unless the WONDERFUL structure called the Colin Hill Stand has used up all the money to build it :rolleyes: ,

Funny mate, i asked that question a while ago.. Not on this forum i hasten to add.

Funny mate, i asked that question a while ago.. Not on this forum i hasten to add.

Did you get an answer mate?

Think you need to ask someone that actually is party to the information you seek no one on here knows for sure!feel sure bowden has not been successful and looks more likely of a cornish connection imo lord skid😉
  • Like 1

Nope..

My money is on Colin's legacy being blown, squandered or however you describe wasted.

Plymouth needs a complete clear out, draw a line in the sand and start again.

• Like 1

Nope..

Who did you ask a random person in the street or someone who would know if so who?

Still no news..???

thought the decision was supposed to be made Friday and no news today.. thought there would be a big thing in the papers or news and if an application was made to the BSPA for a 2017 license and in what league.. ??

I would advise anyone to look at the local newspapers website,as it looks like mr Bowden never got it praise the lord.seems there was a higher bid.

• Like 1