British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Plymouth 2017

Still no news out of Plymouth a week after the bidding ended on the administration. I understand someone has until this weekend to finish negotiations.

Really sad if a place as big as Plymouth can't find an investor or a support to move the club out of administration.

I wish Plymouth and any clubs that take the jump would maybe try their hand in the lowest league first and then see how they financially stand or even the development league would have been substantial to take time to build up a decent fan base in the area and than move up.

Really? Surprised at that one, if it's who I think it is. I think allott of people would be.

Is it Adam Allott goibg by your post? Or is that just me putting 2 & 2 together?

Deal expected for completion early next week from report in local newspaper this morning.

Can't be sure but it does look as if it is not either of the former promotors from the way the report was worded.

Yeah looks like speedway will defiantly happen at Plymouth new owner to be unveiled early next week and it ain't Bowden even better brilliant cheered up my Saturday knowing it ain't him.

• Like 1

However, regardless of who the top bidder is to the administrator there are two more hoops he has to jump through.

He has to reach agreement with the property board of the Catholic Church who have taken over responsibility for church property throughout the Plymouth area because the school needs every penny it can get.

He has to be ACCEPTABLE to the BSPA, that is by no means a given in the current climate with all the problems that have piled up on the BSPA doorstep with a Plymouth postmark.

REVELATION I was asked by a senior reliable BSPA promoter to buy Plymouth 2 weeks ago, however with my current health/mobility problems I just cannot do it.

After a conversation we decided it was a nonnn r

Appreciate your situation Barncooseboy, although I know of you we have never met.

I trust your health is improving and you have my very best wishes.

Had you purchased the Deviils on your own I would have been happy to support you but not a viable option along with previous groups.

Regards

However, regardless of who the top bidder is to the administrator there are two more hoops he has to jump through.

He has to reach agreement with the property board of the Catholic Church who have taken over responsibility for church property throughout the Plymouth area because the school needs every penny it can get.

He has to be ACCEPTABLE to the BSPA, that is by no means a given in the current climate with all the problems that have piled up on the BSPA doorstep with a Plymouth postmark.

REVELATION I was asked by a senior reliable BSPA promoter to buy Plymouth 2 weeks ago, however with my current health/mobility problems I just cannot do it.

After a conversation we decided it was a nonnn r

If the school needs 'every penny they can get it' will be surprising if they refuse to allow speedway at the stadium although clearly there will need to be some negotiation as to the actual amount. Landlords have to be realistic and will surely realise that a reasonable amount is better than nothing, the latter of course being a very real possibility.

As to the BSPA, it would be very wrong to judge a new promotion on the standards and performances of the past ones. I suspect there maybe an issue simply because of the geographical location - in the NL, the nearest track must be 100 miles or more away, in the PL more like 200 with the majority over 300 - but that will not prevent Plymouth being accepted. If they are prepared to allow you to buy and run the track, then they will be prepared to allow others to do the same.

The Plymouth supporters should get behind whichever promoter comes in.

Survival is the most important aspect

Next step is progression and stability

I hope to visit again next year

• Like 1

My son goes to the said school and I can assure you they need the money and they also want speedway to continue as it's money in the bank,what the new promoter should do is try and bring offers in to entice the 1000 plus pupils who go there to come and watch the sport apart from when my son goes with me he never even new his school owned the land.

• Like 6

I too have a connection with St Boniface College and I know that they can certainly do with the money. I hope for their sake that a suitable arrangement can be achieved.

As for as targeting the pupils on a promotional basis that may not find approval with the Education Authorities. Purely an observation, I do not know the answer.

Either they pay exorbitant Rent per week, or they haven't paid anything all year, what a cockarse way of doing business, anyone involved in running the previous Promotion shouldn't even be allowed to play Monopoly.

• Like 3

Caught between two stools, whilst I want Speedway in Plymouth I am really not happy that the College have been hit so hard, or for that, at all. This amount has not occurred in one season that is for sure.

I sincerely hope any new owners honour their agreement should they be successful in obtaining one.

Caught between two stools, whilst I want Speedway in Plymouth I am really not happy that the College have been hit so hard, or for that, at all. This amount has not occurred in one season that is for sure.

I sincerely hope any new owners honour their agreement should they be successful in obtaining one.

If the previous promotion went into liquidation, does that mean that any debts are reduced or written off?