British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Plymouth 2017

So if you no him so well which I don't doubt ,do you reckon he would work with your ex father in law then if he picks up the reins again or do you think it will be a closed family shop running round the arena of which you were one.

So if you no him so well which I don't doubt ,do you reckon he would work with your ex father in law then if he picks up the reins again or do you think it will be a closed family shop running round the arena of which you were one.

I doubt very much that Lee will be involved but that will be down to a discussion between them both I wouldn't want to second guess what is going to happen.. but if he doesn't mike will team manage himself I guess like he did last time.. most riders will tell you he always did right by them always paid on time and paid well..you really seem to have a bee in your bonnet don't you !!!

Optimal point you made there... I was one of the family I run the pits.. have no dealings with the family any more but don't hold any malice towards them at all.. I think if mike does get back in control of the devils things will have to be different than they were but time will only tell..

Although I do feel he will be the one to get them back up and running because I know mike will not run the speedway and make a loss so if he believes he can make it work then fair play to him.. as said time will tell but I hope it all works and speedway isn't lost..

Edited by no name
  • Like 1

I'll happily go on record and say I don't want Bowden getting the club back some of the ameturish things what went on when he had it was just as bad if not worse than some of the stuff that's gone on lately.

Edited by Mike0310

I'll happily go on record and say I don't want Bowden getting the club back some of the ameturish things what went on when he had it was just as bad if not worse than some of the stuff that's gone on lately.

I dont think the bspa want bowden back and i dont think he will get much support locally with sponsorship or advertising and i,ve heard not many of the track staff would be available if he gets the club my hunch is possibly a cornish connection will be involved in takeover. Time will tell!
  • Like 2

are you saying if he does get it back you wont support the team ?? or just that you dont want him to get it back ?

I dont think the bspa want bowden back and i dont think he will get much support locally with sponsorship or advertising and i,ve heard not many of the track staff would be available if he gets the club my hunch is possibly a cornish connection will be involved in takeover. Time will tell!

i would never second guess the BSPA they want a team running and may dissapoint you there.. and with reference to the track staff if they dont want to I guess there will be a que behind them wanting to be involved.. it isnt a massive job really..

let hope who ever gets it makes the right choices for the future of the sport in Plymouth I say again National League would be the safe bet and someone who knows the in's and out's of the sport as well..

I think its tomorrow you will find out isnt it ??

If there's a Cornish connection, I would be more than happy to get involved, as I am moving into that fabulous County around Xmas, with over 25 years involvement in the Sport, and connections around the World, also with first hand experience of the Devils.

But if Bowden was even allowed in the Stadium, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

• Like 5

If there's a Cornish connection, I would be more than happy to get involved, as I am moving into that fabulous County around Xmas, with over 25 years involvement in the Sport, and connections around the World, also with first hand experience of the Devils.

But if Bowden was even allowed in the Stadium, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

I dont like him as much as the next person please dont think I am sticking up for the guy I just dont want to see the Team Die... if he was to get it back I would still visit and support the team.. and I think my reasons will out weigh most of anyone elses but I do know he will do a good job and you dont need to like your promoter you just need to know he will put a good side out and pay the bills and keep it running..

such a shame others cannot do the same and Bowden has been in the stadium ever since he sold it watching it most weeks lol..

cannot wait to see who gets it.. and if Bowden does get it the uproar that goes on..

I'm saying I don't want him to get it,as for him still going every week trust me he hasn't paid once to get in walks through the main gate with his plus one every week.also the track staff won't need replacing if someone else gets it are you starting to get the drift yet no one likes the bloke

• Like 1

I'm saying I don't want him to get it,as for him still going every week trust me he hasn't paid once to get in walks through the main gate with his plus one every week.also the track staff won't need replacing if someone else gets it are you starting to get the drift yet no one likes the bloke

oh i know that and i am in that club with you.. and him getting in free is only one persons problem and that was the old promoter.. when i visited i paid the same as everyone else yes i walked in through the main gate in front of everyone else but i gave my money in the same as everyone else.. although i was down the track chatting with ashley during the morning when they were fixing the air fence..

but even still if bowden gets the place i will still go when i visit it wont stop me from supporting the devils.. thats my drift.. and to be honest it shouldnt stop anyone else.. do not cut your nose off to spite your face i think the saying is.. lets hope someone else comes in does the right thing and keeps you all happy and doesnt mess up.. i feel this will be the last chance anyone will get to save them.. so they best get the job done right or you wont have a team full stop..

I'll be honest, if it's Bowden or anyone from the current promotion I'll not part with any money at the SBA.

so your just in a small way making an effort to kill speedway off in plymouth

• Like 1

I'll be honest, if it's Bowden or anyone from the current promotion I'll not part with any money at the SBA.

I also think you are wrong to refuse to attend simply because of who the promotion are unless they have given you specific and personal cause not to.

To me, it doesn't matter that much who the promotion are (although some maybe preferable to others) but what the product is like.

Under both Bowden and the last promotion, I have seen some cracking racing at SBA and that, to me, is what counts.

• Like 1

so your just in a small way making an effort to kill speedway off in plymouth

BINGO

I also think you are wrong to refuse to attend simply because of who the promotion are unless they have given you specific and personal cause not to.

To me, it doesn't matter that much who the promotion are (although some maybe preferable to others) but what the product is like.

Under both Bowden and the last promotion, I have seen some cracking racing at SBA and that, to me, is what counts.

again I am glad some others on here can see what I have been saying..

for me as long as that promoters puts a show on and gives the paying public a team to be proud of then they have done their job..

• Like 1

So if you go to work and don't get paid, then that's OK then, sod everyone else, I'm OK jack

what are you refering too?? quite an ambiguous statement there !!

• Like 1