British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Plymouth 2017

Yes mate it was a good wkend for sure to be honest i half expected this outcome although the situation has been poorly handled.

I think speedway will continue but at nl level unfortunately because we have seen some superb speedway over the last few seasons on our track. Good luck in the playoffs mate i will be rooting for your boys!

• Like 2

Yes mate it was a good wkend for sure to be honest i half expected this outcome although the situation has been poorly handled.

I think speedway will continue but at nl level unfortunately because we have seen some superb speedway over the last few seasons on our track. Good luck in the playoffs mate i will be rooting for your boys!

He come not Smerset Lewy? ;)

• Like 1

He come not Smerset Lewy? ;)

The rebs have been awsesome this season without doubt but i like glasgow and there great supporters . Might pop to the ota next season more often cos nl doesnt really appeal to me
  • Like 4

The rebs have been awsesome this season without doubt but i like glasgow and there great supporters . Might pop to the ota next season more often cos nl doesnt really appeal to me

hope you support the rebels if you do,hope the Devils make it in premier next year all the same.
  • Like 1

Nice words m8 always welcome up our way gutted for you and your fellow supporters.

But you know we will look after you whenever you make it up you can let me or Paulco know when you decide and I can arrange to meet you at this end.

• Like 2

Very sad news, fingers x'd it will all work out for you Plymouth fans

Well i guess you have spent the entire season and most of last slagging off the make up of certain teams,and saying how crap they are,maybe now you will learn the lesson of keeping your trap shut and respect teams who cut their cloth accordingly and continue to come to the tapes the following season

Your policy of last year,which you went on and on about that buliding strong teams and the fans will come clearly doesnt work

First rule these days in speedway----Bulid a team that ensures the club continues

Now lets hope that a buyer or some solution can be put in place to ensure Plymouth can arrive at the tapes next spring in what ever league suits them

• Like 1

Not good. Successive promoters have been unable to run in the PL on a break even basis.

Unless PL costs can be reduced, surely any parties looking to take this over need to look at dropping down a league. Let's hope that someone can step in a make this happen.

• Like 1

Found it very alarming that on the news they said when the club re-opened they had crowds of 3000! and that has now dwindled to 500.

Found it very alarming that on the news they said when the club re-opened they had crowds of 3000! and that has now dwindled to 500.

I saw that also but I'm guessing they meant just the first meeting or two had 3000. Remember being there for the opening night and some of the finals in the NL days and they had excellent crowds, real shame that they've fallen so low since then and been put in this position.

Hope there's positive news soon and that the Devils can have a successful year on and off track next year.

• Like 2

I think many club/tracks have large crowds (as in the volume, not necessarily the size, although...) when they first open, but for one reason or another (and that's for a different topic!), a large percentage return less frequently.

Whilst it is quite depressing reading at the moment, there are some positives.

They announced their intentions at the right time, which will hopefully enable someone else/group of people (and I believe there are some interested parties) in taking over and making a go at it. I see no reason why someone couldn't. It has a lot going for it, and under the right people, I think it could be a successful club again, whether that be at PL or NL level.

Might be a few more to follow Plymouth, Berwick , Workington.

I'm quite optimistic that Berwick won't be following Plymouth! Real shame for the Devils fans... Something special about the place... One of my fave tracks to visit and a real shame if it is to be lost!

• Like 1

I'm quite optimistic that Berwick won't be following Plymouth! Real shame for the Devils fans... Something special about the place... One of my fave tracks to visit and a real shame if it is to be lost!

It would be great to see both teams race in 2017, I am confident Berwick will, hopefully someone out there will come to the rescue of the Devils.

Let's spare a thought for the creditors in all of this they are the innocent parties in this and no doubt will have lost money

• Like 1