British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

Its funny to me how a fair number of people criticizing Tai are the same ones who backed Darcy Ward whi has always been a complete d**k

Don`t think Tai actually called the fans booing him scum, but he did say they were idiots, I thought he should've been better than that and simply get on a win the play offs, which he did, IMO the perfect answer to his critics.

He did on Instagram! Not a great choice of words there at all

• Like 1

I agree with everyone about Woffys reactions to the crowd during and after his races, atmosphere, tons of it, you needed a really sharp knife to cut it... A truly legendary speedway meeting, best in years...!!

It was Woffys interview (live) he completely lost the plot and called fans (some) IDIOTS in that live interview..

That was very wrong, gestures after races, wheelies, even riders helmeting (if that's e real world word) up to each other, adds to the occasion, and shows real passion, it's just you can't say what he said in a live TV interview!!

Should have said something else....

Tai's words on Facebook... "We killed it last night soon shut up all that scum that was booing me all night". Stay classy.

So the guy is called all and sundry all night and then gives a little bit back, no one has been harmed and I bet if he ever signs for the Aces he'll be the Peoples Poet.

• Like 3

Its funny to me how a fair number of people criticizing Tai are the same ones who backed Darcy Ward whi has always been a complete d**k

He did on Instagram! Not a great choice of words there at all

If it was Instagram afterwards it wasn't a heat of the moment rant live on TV, it was a considered opinion. That, for me, is a bigger issue.

Edited by Garry1603

On the football note, Tai's behavior would be deemed to be inciting the crowd, which no doubt would be a sending off or a heavy fine. We all like a pantomime villain, but swearing at fans and show boating more than necessary lacks class. I would expect more from the out going world champion.

Really? Have you not seen/heard him over the last few years?

• Like 1

Have to say if there was going to be a right old set to between the Chelsea and Arsenal benches with players jumping in together with backroon staff, the Sky cameras would be all over it and it would be analysed from every angle.

Last night Sky acted like a pitch invasion and pulled the cameras away. Just don't get their reasoning.

Yes its because Sky feel guilty from creating this situation, they engineered a system to bring the outcome of the league down to a couple of meetings knowing it was going to cause a melting pot of emotions and tempers would spill over making for great telly but they don't want to align themselves with it when it goes too far which it will do because that is the nature of the sport.

They create this situation then wonder why riders swear on camera and get into altercations, you cant have it both ways.

I agree with everyone about Woffys reactions to the crowd during and after his races, atmosphere, tons of it, you needed a really sharp knife to cut it... A truly legendary speedway meeting, best in years...!!

It was Woffys interview (live) he completely lost the plot and called fans (some) IDIOTS in that live interview..

That was very wrong, gestures after races, wheelies, even riders helmeting (if that's e real world word) up to each other, adds to the occasion, and shows real passion, it's just you can't say what he said in a live TV interview!!

Should have said something else....

But they were idiots?

• Like 2

Well at least Kelvin was well wrapped up, no gloves either.... proper coat, a coat from the top drawer.

ikeamonkey.jpg

I was wondering what had happened to Liam Gallagher. :rofl:

• Like 1

Really impressed with the summing up by Lemon - he is such a positive manager and has to take a big slice of credit for BV finishing on top of the league. Missed out in the play off final but still a great season.

• Like 2

please CVS don't sign that anal wart next year

please CVS don't sign that anal wart next year

Such a shame you weren't able to celebrate when he won the race to win you the league last night

• Like 1

So the guy is called all and sundry all night and then gives a little bit back, no one has been harmed and I bet if he ever signs for the Aces he'll be the Peoples Poet.

He didn't "give a little bit back" AFTER being called all and sundry all night though! He was flicking the gestures after his first race! That just incited the crowd! He is a tool.

Congratulations to Wolves, a deserved win. Lindgren the best rider over the two legs and great to see PK bowing out of the EL with such a good performance.

Belle Vue can only blame themselves for their poor performance at Wolverhampton, it was just one of those nights and unfortunately happened in such an important meeting. However, what a night. Great racing, everyone giving total commitment, Aces clawing back enough points to keep it interesting and a massive crowd. I expected to be really disappointed if we lost but wasn't, how can you be after a night of entertainment like that, speedway as good as I've seen. It is proof of what can be done if others can have the vision and determination to do what David Gordon and Chris Morton have done. I suspect most of us would have laughed out loud and thought them stupid if they had told us what they were setting out to achieve back in 2007. Given the right stage this sport of ours can still be brilliant.

There was more than enough space for Lindgren to pass without touching Cook's front wheel and I can understand Cook's reaction because it could have been disastrous for him if he had lost control. It was only handbags on the track after the race and nothing at all wrong with one rider letting another know he isn't happy with him, it adds to the entertainment. What was wrong from what I saw was a Wolves mechanic running out of the pits and attacking Cook which resulted in the melee that followed.

Woffinden just showed himself up for what he is with his actions to the crowd and his comments on TV and social media. He has used British speedway to keep race fit and earn some money when meetings dried up in Poland and Sweden and is apparently then surprised when fans boo him.

What a team we would have next year if we could find 7 riders with the passion and commitment shown by Craig Cook.

• Like 2

Congratulations to Wolves, a deserved win. Lindgren the best rider over the two legs and great to see PK bowing out of the EL with such a good performance.

Belle Vue can only blame themselves for their poor performance at Wolverhampton, it was just one of those nights and unfortunately happened in such an important meeting. However, what a night. Great racing, everyone giving total commitment, Aces clawing back enough points to keep it interesting and a massive crowd. I expected to be really disappointed if we lost but wasn't, how can you be after a night of entertainment like that, speedway as good as I've seen. It is proof of what can be done if others can have the vision and determination to do what David Gordon and Chris Morton have done. I suspect most of us would have laughed out loud and thought them stupid if they had told us what they were setting out to achieve back in 2007. Given the right stage this sport of ours can still be brilliant.

There was more than enough space for Lindgren to pass without touching Cook's front wheel and I can understand Cook's reaction because it could have been disastrous for him if he had lost control. It was only handbags on the track after the race and nothing at all wrong with one rider letting another know he isn't happy with him, it adds to the entertainment. What was wrong from what I saw was a Wolves mechanic running out of the pits and attacking Cook which resulted in the melee that followed.

Woffinden just showed himself up for what he is with his actions to the crowd and his comments on TV and social media. He has used British speedway to keep race fit and earn some money when meetings dried up in Poland and Sweden and is apparently then surprised when fans boo him.

What a team we would have next year if we could find 7 riders with the passion and commitment shown by Craig Cook.

A team that would throw its dummy out after being ultimately not good enough...