Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

I meant in attitude! 2010 is six years ago, Darcy gradually got better each year regarding growing up, attitude improving. Whereas Tai gets worse!

He was banned during his last season before the dreadful injury, he was hardly growing up. Blamed everyone but himself for that failed test controversy and was calling fans all sorts of names on social media. I'm not defending Tai by the way but he hasn't done half the stuff darcy did.

• Like 1

I didn't see much wrong with Lindgrens overtake of Cookie, hard yes, but have seen worse in the GPs. Looks to me like the handbags were started by the pit crews, nothing wrong in Cookie letting Lindgren know his point of view.

From what I have seen, this track is better than the old Hyde Road.

A good interview with Adams, talked sense without the bragging. Could be because of the meaningless league fixtures until the play-offs, that crowds are poor during the season.

The Elite league needs more teams in it, just stagnating the way it is.

One thing it did show was that there are far too many hangers on in the pits. People getting involved who shouldnt have been

and where does criticizing a rider who help raise money for him fit into this new and improved attitude? Darcy certainly hasn't got better even after everything that happened to him which is worse

How did he criticise him? He just didn't want Nicki to win SEC! And when questioned about it said it was cos Nicki fenced him more than any other rider.

Jeez, remind exactly what Tai has done here as some of you think he has committed the cardinal sin of showing some character and giving some back. Craig Boyce was cheered and loved by thousands for his one punch on a fellow rider, yet Tai makes a few hand gestures and calls people a few names.

• Like 4

He was banned during his last season before the dreadful injury, he was hardly growing up. Blamed everyone but himself for that failed test controversy and was calling fans all sorts of names on social media. I'm not defending Tai by the way but he hasn't done half the stuff darcy did.

He also seems to have a thing about Nicki Pedersen, it's almost as if he's transferring his anger about his injury on him.

To be fair, they are both classless.

With Tai last night. maybe he should learn to suck it up and say nothing.

The atmosphere came across as brilliant last night, so it added a bit of spice.

Shame we didn't get to see more of the handbags at the pit gate after Cookie and Lindgren came to helmets :D

Jeez, remind exactly what Tai has done here as some of you think he has committed the cardinal sin of showing some character and giving some back. Craig Boyce was cheered and loved by thousands for his one punch on a fellow rider, yet Tai makes a few hand gestures and calls people a few names.

I'm not bothered with the on track banter and posturing, adds to the atmosphere.... Brings back memories of my early memories of speedway....

It's purely what he said in the LIVE TV interview... Calling some fans "IDIOTS" that's my problem, and probably everyone else's..

You can't do/say that in a LIVE TV interview!!

"IDIOTGATE"

Has it been edited out on the SKY TV reruns? Can anyone confirm?

Edited by Shale Searcher

The pinnacle of hypocrisy is praising Cook for his ''passion'' whilst having a go at Woffinden who wasn't squaring up to other riders and trying to headbutt them with a helmet on!

But Cookie has not done anything to offend the crowd to my mind Woofy has.

Turned his back on British league speedway.(According to last night his much beloved Wolves.)

Turned his back on the British final.

Turned his back on riding for his country.

Gave away his medal as though it meant nothing to him.

disrespects the National anthem. So where is his passion for his country

He then turns up in the British league as what alot of Belle vue fans(and others) think is a ringer just because all his other plans have gone to pot.Then reacts to the crowds first taunt in a bad way which then eggs them on to give him more.

No i have not got a clue why some fans might give him a little verbal stick.

All i know is that N Pedersen takes a hell of a lot more all around the world(even from other riders the little monsters) but realises that he is a top sports man and takes it like a man.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 5

When Ole Olsen had a bad ride at Hyde Road, you would hear Soldier Boy bellowing, "Where's Ole Olsen!" and waving his arms at him. Ole Olsen would just laugh.

When somebody had a go at Peter Collins for something, he would shrug his shoulders and give them a wave.

The only person that seemed to get a bit rattled with the crowd having a go at him, as I remember was Kenny Carter who seemed a bit lacking on the sense of humour front!

For me, the banter and the crowd involvement are part and parcel of speedway.

And riders having a bit of a set-to after the race can be quite entertaining, as long as their mates don't feel they have to join in.

I think some riders need to climb down from their high horses, lighten up a bit and not take themselves quite so seriously.

Congratulations to both teams for making it a great event and congratulations to the Belle Vue management and staff for making it a great night.

Make it so.

:t:

• Like 5

That was a brilliant meeting last night on a brilliant track. Full of passion and Kelvins "Proper speedway" If only there were 7 other stadiums/tracks (i'm dreaming ) :lol: the long term decline in British speedway could be arrested. I know it is difficult in the UK with planning regulations and general antipathy towards the sport and local communities being indifferent or hostile, but if we could get more like this we wouldn't be such a poor third to Poland and Sweden. Well done Belle Vue- you got it just right . You are a grand old club. Hyde Road was the spiritual home of British speedway and i hope this is a springboard to even greater success. Alan

• Like 5

All wolves riders were booed, it was banter and great for the atmosphere. But woffinden as usual makes it all about him. The guy simply can give it but can't take it but we all new that anyway. Pk reacted by waving to the crowd. I remember Holder being booed in last years final and at the end he booed when he walked past the Aces fans, thats banter.

• Like 1

When Ole Olsen had a bad ride at Hyde Road, you would hear Soldier Boy bellowing, "Where's Ole Olsen!" and waving his arms at him. Ole Olsen would just laugh.

When somebody had a go at Peter Collins for something, he would shrug his shoulders and give them a wave.

:t:

Soldier Boy !! Now that's a name fro the past.... First met him when he followed Ray Wilson, and then later when he cotton on to Peter Collins. Remember one day at Saddlebow Rd, when 'Peeter was having one of his many dices with Lee, he had engine failure. Such was the laughter and abuse from the packed grandstand, Soldier Boy got up and left amidst the cheers...... Great times, Terrific bloke, Wonderful memories......

• Like 3

I'm not bothered with the on track banter and posturing, adds to the atmosphere.... Brings back memories of my early memories of speedway....

It's purely what he said in the LIVE TV interview... Calling some fans "IDIOTS" that's my problem, and probably everyone else's..

You can't do/say that in a LIVE TV interview!!

"IDIOTGATE"

Has it been edited out on the SKY TV reruns? Can anyone confirm?

Why do you keep saying this?

I've heard sports people say it MANY times when they've received particularly personal abuse.

I just feel a sportsman at the top of his game should be a role model, setting an example. Other than the flying clothes line at Nicki , you wouldn't catch Hancock behaving like Tai did.