British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soupy

Edinburgh 2017

Mitch will score points from no7 no bother, he has bad luck injury wise so hopefully his bad luck has ran out and we will see him do well.

• Like 3

You all seem to be missing the point. Its nothing to do with nationality. With respect to Mitchell, he is no longer an up and coming rider. He has been around, albeit out for long spells with unfortunate injuries, for a few years now. JP Blackburn, Jack Smith et all are starting out in the sport and are filling the number 7 positions.

We complain about the National team and here is a stepping stone, which the BSPA have put in place to make it possible for riders to come up from the National League, only to find that a place has been filled with an "experienced" rider with little or no chance of riding for the National team.

Edinburgh promotion exploiting the rules again. Mitchell must be fed up of being the most talked about rider for the last few winter's for all the wrong reasons.

Speedway fans should be pleased for Mitchell that he has overcome his terrible injuries and has got his speedway mojo back.

Good luck to Mitchell and let's hope this time next year we are talking about him having an injury free season.

• Like 4

Hmmmm.

Edinburgh gave 2 x 3 pointers the chance in 2015 and stuck by them all season.

So the powers that be then changed the rules and one of them was then out of a job.

But at least we agree on the last line of your post!!

• Like 3

How long does it take for BSPA approval?

What average does Mitchell get?

Does he count as a Brit?

Edinburgh & Mitchell obviously think he's going to be at No.7 based on their press release but SGB website has put Mitchell above Mark Riss in Championship line-ups.

No flack from me.

have a good one jenga.

you too scotsman . but i suspect it will be just like any other time in scotland . you guys know now to enjoy yourselves all year round . enjoy .

• Like 1

Noted the points about Mitchell being an experienced rider rather than an up and coming one such as Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, and of course you wouldn't expect Josh Grajczonek to be taking a No.7 race jacket (they both landed on these shores around the same time didn't they). But, that's all water under the proverbial bridge, hopefully this time next season we are talking about a successful 2017 for Mitchell Davey, a turning point and a step forward in his speedway career, and maybe above all else an injury free season under his belt giving him something even better to aim for and build on in 2018. Onwards and upwards. :t:

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway
  • Like 2

Nope both way too high.

More likely to be a new Aussie I would think.

Nope both way too high.

More likely to be a new Aussie I would think.

who would be your Pick?
  • Like 1

who would be your Pick?

You havin' a laugh? Stop Joshing me.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 2

You havin' a laugh? Stop Joshing me.

Me? Joshing? Advice for any one not sure of the Pick -

Er Ring a friend ....

• Like 1

Noted the points about Mitchell being an experienced rider rather than an up and coming one such as Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, and of course you wouldn't expect Josh Grajczonek to be taking a No.7 race jacket (they both landed on these shores around the same time didn't they). But, that's all water under the proverbial bridge, hopefully this time next season we are talking about a successful 2017 for Mitchell Davey, a turning point and a step forward in his speedway career, and maybe above all else an injury free season under his belt giving him something even better to aim for and build on in 2018. Onwards and upwards. :t:

Have to agree. Also if bspa agree to Mitch being eligible to be a no7 Brit then monarchs have won a watch. Good luck son

• Like 1