British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soupy

Edinburgh 2017

I see that Pickering 'who has not scored less that 12 points around his home track this year', scored a mighty 2 points in the last round of the Australian titles. He also scored 2 at Undera, very much the same as Armadale's tight and technical track I have heard. I wondered if Jye Etheridge will get a call up mid season.

i think Ronnie is saving himself for the u.k. season

I see that Pickering 'who has not scored less that 12 points around his home track this year', scored a mighty 2 points in the last round of the Australian titles. He also scored 2 at Undera, very much the same as Armadale's tight and technical track I have heard. I wondered if Jye Etheridge will get a call up mid season.

Shame on all those who seem to be putting down these lads who rode the Australian championships , these lads are coming 12,000 miles to entertain you so the least you can do is give the boys a chance and it would be nice if the knockers welcomed them instead of ridiculing them, give them some encouragement, the same kind of encouragement I hope all those national league 2 pointers are going to get. If you don't it begs the question why do you go to speedway meetings.

• Like 5

Shame on all those who seem to be putting down these lads who rode the Australian championships , these lads are coming 12,000 miles to entertain you so the least you can do is give the boys a chance and it would be nice if the knockers welcomed them instead of ridiculing them, give them some encouragement, the same kind of encouragement I hope all those national league 2 pointers are going to get. If you don't it begs the question why do you go to speedway meetings.

I back a lot of these Australian riders with sponsorship as well as some English riders too, I have many contacts in Australia. This is how I have some knowledge on these Australian tracks. In reference to the below link, I believe that Pickering has only rode in club days at the Kurri track and he has stated he has scored more than 12 every time. Should be scoring more than this round his home track that has ridden all year. Yes he did well at the first two rounds but these are bigger tracks with a dirt line. These club meetings he refers to are equivalent to the amateur meetings at Scunthorpe. I have heard he has a very wild style and cannot gate for toffee. Don't think Edinburgh is for him. We will see.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news-centre/article/2016-12-29/aussie-josh-completes-the-team

Yup he's wildish - yup he's not ridden speedway that long yup his gating n technique is still a WIP - but then he wasn't signed on what he is but what he could be.

• Like 2

Yup he's wildish - yup he's not ridden speedway that long yup his gating n technique is still a WIP - but then he wasn't signed on what he is but what he could be.

So is everyone that's really came over here in the last few years it's a hard job for these guys coming from the other side of the world can only wait and see good luck to the guy

• Like 2

Weegies are loyal!

Whatever.

Course we are i go to the Rangers games on the Paisley LOYAL supporters bus can't get any more LOYAL than that.

• Like 1

Sad to hear of the passing of my good friend Dennis Wallace ( Merlin ) today . An avid Monarchs fan for many years and a man I shared a few enjoyable beers with at various speedway tracks and in Edinburgh city centre . R.I.P Dennis , you'll be missed by all that knew you .

• Like 5

Sad to hear of the passing of my good friend Dennis Wallace ( Merlin ) today . An avid Monarchs fan for many years and a man I shared a few enjoyable beers with at various speedway tracks and in Edinburgh city centre . R.I.P Dennis , you'll be missed by all that knew you .

Such sad news there paulco I used to speak to him very regularly but lost contact a few years back,am gutted I cudnt get back in contact with him. R.i.p dennis

Spoke to Dennis a couple of times on Rockets' trips north back in the mid-late 00s, came across as a very nice man, incredibly knowledgeable about the sport. A huge shame to hear of his passing. R.I.P.

• Like 2

4th place for josh in the Aussie under 21s this morning good result for the lad. Had a cracking ride against Kurtz where he stalked him for the whole race before making a great pass for the win.

Congratulations to ex monarch max fricke on yet another under 21 title.

• Like 2