British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soupy

Edinburgh 2017

Good news for the Monarchs who are ready to announce on Friday that they are returning to Armadale next season.

After the news regarding Plymouth yesterday and the amount off rain off's they have had which must have had an effect financially this is indeed good news for all concerned.

Huge praise must go to the fan's fighting fund as without there input this may not have happened , I know we all have our tongue in cheek post's regards this but i am personally glad to see the Monarchs returning.

It just wouldn't be the same without them and we would need to find somebody else to slag :t: .

Fantastic news for Edinburgh and for the PL especially after yesterday's news on Plymouth. It also allows us to scrub another rumour off the Berwick takeover list, so good news all round.

• Like 2

An incredible amount raised and lest you forget, contributed to by the likes of ME, a weegie. The rivalry brings in money to both clubs and creates an atmosphere unlike anything else in the UK.

• Like 5

another weegie contributed to the Monarchs...Me we need each other, even though the banter goes a bit far sometimes

• Like 6

Fantastic news for Edinburgh and for the PL especially after yesterday's news on PlymouthIt.It also allows us to scrub another rumour off the Berwick takeover list, so good news all round.

Mibees aye mibees naw. :wink::cheers:

An incredible amount raised and lest you forget, contributed to by the likes of ME, a weegie. The rivalry brings in money to both clubs and creates an atmosphere unlike anything else in the UK.

another weegie contributed to the Monarchs...Me we need each other, even though the banter goes a bit far sometimes

Every penny much appreciated I'm sure.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Good news for the Monarchs who are ready to announce on Friday that they are returning to Armadale next season.

After the news regarding Plymouth yesterday and the amount off rain off's they have had which must have had an effect financially this is indeed good news for all concerned.

Huge praise must go to the fan's fighting fund as without there input this may not have happened , I know we all have our tongue in cheek post's regards this but i am personally glad to see the Monarchs returning.

It just wouldn't be the same without them and we would need to find somebody else to slag :t: .

Good news,big credit to the fans who have aside an incredible amount of money over the years.
  • Like 1

Good news,big credit to the fans who have aside an incredible amount of money over the years.

That`s an incredible amount to be raised from the fans trust, I think its been something that has been up and running for a couple of seasons now and its obviously working, maybe its something other clubs from all three leagues could look at doing.

• Like 3

Whoever has hacked into Gazc account can they please give him it back.

But in all seriousness it's a fantastic effort by everyone around £50000 has been raised from the fans trust, the monarchs 100 walk and the grand draw. Some effort by all that's took part.

Now that we will be coming to tapes in 2017 whoever takes our trophies (looking like our old friends along the M8) we'll be coming to take them back.

Yes i was there on Friday night and could not believe how much the supporters raised think it was 8 grand for something and 3 grand for Scotts bike ride the Edinburgh promotion are very lucky to have supporters that do all this think all promotions would like that so take a bow all you Monarch supporters

• Like 6

Anyone have any info on the news of the cessation of greyhound racing at Armadale? :neutral:

He official Monarchs Website says the cessation of greyhounds does not effect Speedway.

He official Monarchs Website says the cessation of greyhounds does not effect Speedway.

What about next season, can the stadium survive on speedway rental one night per week for six months of the year?

As an Edinburgh fan it pains me to say it, but I suspect that they are happy to sit and wait for their planning permission to sell the land for housing.

Next year is possibly too soon for that to all be organised which may explain why they are happy to offer another season, but it doesn't look good for longer term at Armadale.

What about next season, can the stadium survive on speedway rental one night per week for six months of the year?

I suspect that it has been doing that already so no real changr. The speedway basically allowed the owners to run the dogs but the suggestion is that they cannot find enough greyhounds to run a meeting now. Shame for them as they have been trying hard to make it work.

As Henry states though I think it is only a matter of time but should be OK for at least 1 more season

I suspect that it has been doing that already so no real changr. The speedway basically allowed the owners to run the dogs but the suggestion is that they cannot find enough greyhounds to run a meeting now. Shame for them as they have been trying hard to make it work.

As Henry states though I think it is only a matter of time but should be OK for at least 1 more season

One needs the other.

They always new it was short term but should have been looking for a new track but pretty sure they will get one more season at Armadale but you will struggle to get a new ground/track and get it ready for the following year