racers and royals

Sec Final Round 2018 Chorzow Saturday September 15th

We know the 5 riders already in it
Pedersen
Milik
Kasprzak
G Laguta
Madsen

The qualifiers will add another 7 riders to the series and if 2017 is similar to this season then the 3 wildcards will be announced(non GP)
1 local wildcard per round will complete the field.

Edited by racers and royals

Whoever is in it, I would love to see a round at BV next season

As the BSPA dont recognise it, and there being no GB riders in it I think it is doubtful we will see a round of the SEC at Belle Vue or any other track over here any time soon.

• Like 1

Depends if there are any EL teams (or whatever the top British league will be called) that insist on riding Saturdays?!

If there aren't any then I reckon there could be a couple of Brits invited to take part. Yes they have to be invited!!!!

And I could see a round at either BV or Kings Lynn in future years.

Edited by Skidder1

Depends if there are any EL teams (or whatever the top British league will be called) that insist on riding Saturdays?!

If there aren't any then I reckon there could be a couple of Brits invited to take part. Yes they have to be invited!!!!

And I could see a round at either BV or Kings Lynn in future years.

I think you will find that they are invited every year with a number of places available for the qualifying for the Brits- however in previous years these have been turned down apart from Woffinden in 2013.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

I think you will find that they are invited every year with a number of places available for the qualifying for the Brits- however in previous years these have been turned down apart from Woffinden in 2013.

Richard Hall raced in the qualifiers one year as well. 2014 maybe?

Richard got in on his acu license as I'm not sure he had a team spot at the time . BSPA do not recognise it or give permission.

Made offers that they could not accept on the back of the BSPA policy of imposing a 28 day ban if a league meeting was missed to ride in an SEC meeting, on the grounds of "rider withholding his services".

Rory Schlein also rode in the SEC qualifiers a couple of seasons ago, as a Brit.

Any announcements as to where the events will be held next season? Or are they waiting for the full GP schedule to be announced?

Happens all the time in various FIM and FIM Europe meetings..... for example in iceracing we've seen Russians on Ukrainian licenses... in grasstrack Germans on Swiss or Austrian licenses etc.

Güstrow is likely to be hosting the first round on July 15th :)

They ask fans where they want rounds but then end up at the same old places. No doubt it'll be Togliatti & Torun again this year. For all the talk of more favourable terms then BSI there's hardly tracks chomping at the bit it seems.