British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Sec Final Round 2018 Chorzow Saturday September 15th

I kept away from checking any scores because I wanted to watch it " delayed live" on Eurosport at 8.45pm- 2 hrs 30 mins programme -easy to get 22 races in.

NO EUROSPORT CUT HEAT 5- what a tosser the programme editor must be :mad: I know from the track that heat 5 took 3 goes at finishing but surely we could have had the last attempt at the very least.

one thing I do like- nothing to do with Eurosport- are the interviews. Not only is Marcelina gorgeous but her English speaking interviews are brilliant !!!!

• Like 2

She speaks nearly the same language as Sam.

• Like 2

I'd say she's well ahead of Sam with English, she's lovely, really nice manner of interviewing riders. As for ht 5, didn't realise we'd missed it as I wasn't concentrating too hard but did wonder when the mention of previous exclusions/red light was made.

Shame for Kai, rode really well and kept the locals interested. Decent meeting.

• Like 1

I kept away from checking any scores because I wanted to watch it " delayed live" on Eurosport at 8.45pm- 2 hrs 30 mins programme -easy to get 22 races in.

NO EUROSPORT CUT HEAT 5- what a tosser the programme editor must be :mad: I know from the track that heat 5 took 3 goes at finishing but surely we could have had the last attempt at the very least.

one thing I do like- nothing to do with Eurosport- are the interviews. Not only is Marcelina gorgeous but her English speaking interviews are brilliant !!!!

Well we learnt from commentary that it took 3 attempts, Milik was 3rd and someone, in red, went over the white line. But rather than show us the race they preferred interviews and even shots of the crowd. What an odd choice to cut out a heat!

NO EUROSPORT CUT HEAT 5

Thanks for that. I thought I'd gone mad. I was trying to catch the end of the tennis and when I switched back the riders are announced and they don't match my programme. Then I realised they were on heat 6. It took me several heats and reading the standings to work out the result of that race and I finally worked out that Mikkel Bech was excluded for crossing the white line.

It was a bit strange omission from the transmission. At the next adverts, me and the missus were placing bets on which race they would show next.

Edited by False dawn

Another great race there from Kai,but do they have to stop the race when someone goes inside the line?????Seems new to me.Thought they just exclude someone and keep the race going

See i am not the only one questioning the ref here.A couple on the German forum have asked the same question....always seem to recall the start marshall at Wimbledon had an exclusion flag and held that out with the riders helmet colour together to show someone had been excluded as the race carried on

See i am not the only one questioning the ref here.A couple on the German forum have asked the same question....always seem to recall the start marshall at Wimbledon had an exclusion flag and held that out with the riders helmet colour together to show someone had been excluded as the race carried on

IMO there are too many re-runs in general and too uch going back to the pits. Someone falls on lap 3 and positions are fixed - freeze the heat.

Unsatisfactory start - going back to the pits = excluded (unless due to tapes or lights malfunction).

• Like 2

IMO there are too many re-runs in general and too uch going back to the pits. Someone falls on lap 3 and positions are fixed - freeze the heat.

Unsatisfactory start - going back to the pits = excluded (unless due to tapes or lights malfunction).

Agreed.I have asked an FIM official about this and wait an answer.But i am pretty sure i have seen a couple of ice racers excluded for crossing the inside line,but the race hasn't been stopped and restarted

Agreed.I have asked an FIM official about this and wait an answer.But i am pretty sure i have seen a couple of ice racers excluded for crossing the inside line,but the race hasn't been stopped and restarted

Pretty sure the race wasn't intentionally stopped - ref put red exclusion light on- not stop lights- and a marshall got confused and waved his flag. Shame the rider was in Red !!!!

Pretty sure the race wasn't intentionally stopped - ref put red exclusion light on- not stop lights- and a marshall got confused and waved his flag. Shame the rider was in Red !!!!

I was wondering about that,but didn't it happen in two seperate heats?Or is my memory going....

I was wondering about that,but didn't it happen in two seperate heats?Or is my memory going....

Heat 5 but due to Eurosport deeming that race unworthy to GB viewers we didn't see it !!!!!

It happened twice in Heat 5 Bech and heat 14 Pawlicki both of them started from gate 1.

• Like 1