British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Sec Final Round 2018 Chorzow Saturday September 15th

Will Bjerre ride on Monday as it will clash with Belle Vue play off match with Wolves. As I understand, if he rides here then BV can't use RR or guest? Might as well hand tie to Wolves?

Will Bjerre ride on Monday as it will clash with Belle Vue play off match with Wolves. As I understand, if he rides here then BV can't use RR or guest? Might as well hand tie to Wolves?

I`m in no doubt he will be at Belle Vue.

I am in Lublin. It rained all morning & then until about 4pm. But hasn`t rained since. Polish tracks are very good drainers so why hasn`t the meeting been run?

Or Why hasn`t it been rescheduled for Sunday.

I have a theory that the Polish Exstraliga is running this sport not the FIM?

Lots of Polish speedway tomorrow.

Ok the forecast for tomorrow here is worse than today but hey I was at Leszno last year & it rained all day til about 3pm they scrapped all the wet shale off the track dropped it on the infield & relaid it - started an hour later & finished by 10pm. But hey it was live on Polish TV. There`s a pattern here.

SEC will lose a lot from this.. Lots of Latvian & Brits outside stadium at 5-30.

Will be surprised if this series runs next season.

Spoke to the Eurosport lady on the telly & she was very apologetic.but the rest of the SEC officials just walked away after they made a statement in Polish. When I sked them to make a staement in English he just looked at me. When I asked why can`t they restage tomorrow he hide behind `the decision was made by the FIM Jury`.

Even had to get `shirty` to buy a programme from the ticket booth cos they didn`t want to sell them until the restaging. Had to tell them I was leaving before the restaging. This sport can be brilliant but at times I do question why i bother to follow this sport with some of the jack-ass decisions that are made. Maybe watching more ice hockey than speedway soon.

Certainly won`t be going anywhere near SEC events in the future. What a joke, No regard for the travelling supporters.

It`s been a shambles since I got here on Thursday. Went down to the track, No one knew when the practice was. Thought it was saturday at noon. Then I asked if the public would be able to watch they couldn`t answer that one either. Nothing on the website even though there was a guy sat on their website page all the time I was in the office.

• Like 1

I am in Lublin. It rained all morning & then until about 4pm. But hasn`t rained since. Polish tracks are very good drainers so why hasn`t the meeting been run?

Or Why hasn`t it been rescheduled for Sunday.

I have a theory that the Polish Exstraliga is running this sport not the FIM?

Lots of Polish speedway tomorrow.

Ok the forecast for tomorrow here is worse than today but hey I was at Leszno last year & it rained all day til about 3pm they scrapped all the wet shale off the track dropped it on the infield & relaid it - started an hour later & finished by 10pm. But hey it was live on Polish TV. There`s a pattern here.

SEC will lose a lot from this.. Lots of Latvian & Brits outside stadium at 5-30.

Will be surprised if this series runs next season.

Spoke to the Eurosport lady on the telly & she was very apologetic.but the rest of the SEC officials just walked away after they made a statement in Polish. When I sked them to make a staement in English he just looked at me. When I asked why can`t they restage tomorrow he hide behind `the decision was made by the FIM Jury`.

Even had to get `shirty` to buy a programme from the ticket booth cos they didn`t want to sell them until the restaging. Had to tell them I was leaving before the restaging. This sport can be brilliant but at times I do question why i bother to follow this sport with some of the jack-ass decisions that are made. Maybe watching more ice hockey than speedway soon.

Certainly won`t be going anywhere near SEC events in the future. What a joke, No regard for the travelling supporters.

It`s been a shambles since I got here on Thursday. Went down to the track, No one knew when the practice was. Thought it was saturday at noon. Then I asked if the public would be able to watch they couldn`t answer that one either. Nothing on the website even though there was a guy sat on their website page all the time I was in the office.

Understandably you are not happy- but to talk to Marcelina is a real bonus ;) The reserve date as agreed by FIM Europe was always Monday.Interestingly the re-arranged European U21 team final was at Krosno this afternoon - and the re-arranged date in the event of a rain off was tomorrow- which would have caused the 2 Extraleague matches to be postponed.

Edited by racers and royals

Couldn't possibly make the re-staging tomorrow and upset the Polish playoffs. Far better make it Monday, only the playoffs in Britain then. No track covers in Lublin?

Stole my thunder a bit there. No way it could be on the Sunday as Polish title decider 1st leg, which is the biggest fixture in League Speedway. Annoying I know, but reality.

There were no covers on track.

Krister Gardell (FIM Jury) has just said live on Polish TV (at Tarnow meeting) `that they currently have one`, (yes only one man!!!) `working on the Lublin track` in preparation for tomorrow`s re-staging of the SEC Final Round. I`m still in Lublin & the weather is worse than yesterday.

One guy working on the track. That is irresponsible of an FIM representative to admit this live on TV. Unfortunately, its attitudes & comments like this that are dagging down this once great sport.I know we can`t expect riders to race in the rain but something needs to be done that as soon as it stops we go racing.In cricket they cover the playing area & in tennis too. Both are covered within a short period of time after the rain starts.

• Like 2

There were no covers on track.

Krister Gardell (FIM Jury) has just said live on Polish TV (at Tarnow meeting) `that they currently have one`, (yes only one man!!!) `working on the Lublin track` in preparation for tomorrow`s re-staging of the SEC Final Round. I`m still in Lublin & the weather is worse than yesterday.

One guy working on the track. That is irresponsible of an FIM representative to admit this live on TV. Unfortunately, its attitudes & comments like this that are dagging down this once great sport.I know we can`t expect riders to race in the rain but something needs to be done that as soon as it stops we go racing.In cricket they cover the playing area & in tennis too. Both are covered within a short period of time after the rain starts.

I'm back home in Bristol know mate, you still in Lublin ?

If i remember correctly there was talk of limiting the number of sgp and sec riders in the Extraliga to avoid call offs. The sec basically agreed to have their reruns on a Monday to avoid a clash with the Extraliga