British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Semi Final Ipswich V Somerset

Should be a good semi final but Somerset will have to have guests as both their reserves are out injured.Possibly Jake Allen will be out too. Normally Somerset never do well at Foxhall although they won here earlier in the season and a 45-45 draw last season.Ipswich should have the opportunity to build a big first leg advantage at home on their present form

Can guests come from any team or like the El... or only from ones not in the play offs?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Thing is mick, we have never been that prolific at the oak tree either. On this occasion though we should have enough.

And don't ipswich have the second leg?

• Like 1

Isn't the first leg at Somerset on Friday 7th and the second leg at Foxhall on Thursday 13th?

So no chance of the Witches building up a big first leg lead at home? They will have to claw back any disadvantage from the first leg at Foxhall.

Rohan moved to No. 1 in their Averages for October and, as far as I am aware, Jake Allen is riding at Glasgow today.

Mason Campton and Ben Hopwood are guesting at Reserve for the Rebels at the Peugeot Ashfield Stadium this afternoon.

Guests only allowed from teams not in the Play Offs as far as I am aware.

Normally Somerset never do well at Foxhall although they won here earlier in the season and a 45-45 draw last season.

Err how does that work then if the Rebs won last time and drew last season but never do well at foxholes? :D:D:D

But underrate the Rebs at your peril.

And this match is weeks away!!

• Like 1

First leg is at Somerset on Fri 7th with 2nd leg at Foxhall Thurs 13th.

I think the Witches are capable of beating any team by 20 at Foxhall (not saying they will but capable) so anything under that can be attacked.

Rebels would be big favourites with any lead over 14 though with it even between 8-14 and Witches favourites at 8 or less.

I think we can do it - up the Witches!!

• Like 1

Mick has got something right, up until the rebels last 2 visits they have always been poor at ipswich, just like we have always been poor their.

Does the guest rule stay for the whole play off?

Eg if Sheffield go out cab Bates then guest for BWD or still barred?

As far as I know, the Guest rule lasts throughout the Play Offs.

Lets see how Jake Allen goes today, but he has been terrific this season, but hen the Witches have Sarj who has been briliant too and an unsung hero of the charge to the Semi Finals.

BWD will be a massif miss for them.

Why are the Witches not racing this Thursday. Their leaving it late in the season as this will not now be raced until October 13th. Any bad weather and this might not be completed. What if it is a draw on aggregate is there a replay of both legs?

• Like 1

Golden heats in the event of an aggregate tie so no replay Mick.

• Like 1

Actually it's pretty unusual for us to get the second leg of any cup or playoff competition, I just hope we can keep it close enough to make it to the second leg with a realistic chance of overturning any deficit.

We had some pretty poor home and away performances from some riders against the Rebels earlier in the season but the team is much different now and it could well be quite close over the two legs. I certainly wouldn't expect them to turn us over at Foxhall again anyway.

Here's hoping for a great semi final with the best team with Witches on their race jackets coming out on top!

• Like 2

Rohan enjoying his first match as Rebels No. 1 at Glasgow today: FEx,R,R,N

• Like 1