British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Semi Final Ipswich V Somerset

Don't think the other semi will be finished until 16/10 so riding the second leg on the 13th isn't going to delay things much(unless it's raining of course!)

Does the guest rule stay for the whole play off?

Eg if Sheffield go out cab Bates then guest for BWD or still barred?

Needs to be guest from teams out-with the play off teams so Bates would not be allowed to guest for BWD.

Needs to be guest from teams out-with the play off teams so Bates would not be allowed to guest for BWD.

and of course Sheff are still in now anyway!!

Have Somerset chosen to ride the 1st leg at home ?

Can anyone confirm the rules about who Somerset can use as guests at 6 and 7. Is it riders who are in the teams in the play-offs that they can't use or riders who have ridden in the play-offs?

Actually it's pretty unusual for us to get the second leg of any cup or playoff competition, I just hope we can keep it close enough to make it to the second leg with a realistic chance of overturning any deficit.

We had some pretty poor home and away performances from some riders against the Rebels earlier in the season but the team is much different now and it could well be quite close over the two legs. I certainly wouldn't expect them to turn us over at Foxhall again anyway.

Here's hoping for a great semi final with the best team with Witches on their race jackets coming out on top!

How do they work out who gets what leg?

Can anyone confirm the rules about who Somerset can use as guests at 6 and 7. Is it riders who are in the teams in the play-offs that they can't use or riders who have ridden in the play-offs?

I think it's any of the six teams who qualified for the play-offs.

Rob Branford looks, by far, the best guest option for Rebels.

All the best

Rob

I think it's any of the six teams who qualified for the play-offs.

Rob Branford looks, by far, the best guest option for Rebels.

All the best

Rob

Thanks.

Perry, Clegg, Hall, Morris, Lanham, Morley, Branford, Campton.

Not much choice for Somerset no 7.... if Hume back would Somerset pick Coles?

Lanham would be interesting.......... Ipswich asset bombed out by Somerset when alot of Rebels fans would have given him rider of the year!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Advance Notice of Road Closures.

Judging by the signs around the Foxhall area, there are 2 sets of roadworks that may affect people travelling to and from the stadium.

Foxhall Road junction with A12 to Dobbs Lane - closed over night from 7pm for re-surfacing, staring 13th October.

Bell Lane junction with Foxhall Road to 182 Bell Lane (looks like this includes the Bell Lane stadium entrance) - closed from 10th October for water main works.

Information from https://roadworks.org/ with a search for Ipswich District Suffolk, 10th to 20th October

So it 'looks' like only the main stadium entrance will be available for the this meeting. I'll post any updates nearer the time.