British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Semi Final Ipswich V Somerset

As Somerset are using Connor Coles this afternoon at Glagow will there be a fight between them and Ipswich for his services this Thursday

nah Ippo can have him back if they want!

(***** Somerset poster alert ***** add it to the count!) :t:

Well, I suppose if the Rebels can win at Glasgow with Rohan having a stinker, what's the chance of us fighting back?

We'll need very bit or luck going.

1, Nico has to start the meeting as he usually ends it.

2, they get a crap guest at reserve and we get a good one.

3, Rohan has another stinker like today

4, Ben rides a lot better than he did at Rye last night

Etc etc etc

Clutching at straws? Let's face it, we need a bloody miracle!

P.S. Can Bob not do his usual track grade during the interval if it's close, almost impossible to pass after his done his bit, it gets far too smooth.

Edited by spanner47

It's gonna be hard 47 but ya just never know. It was always gonna be hard for us, as we often struggle at Somerset. Something our team will have to overcome if we are ever to win anything.

It's gonna be hard 47 but ya just never know. It was always gonna be hard for us, as we often struggle at Somerset. Something our team will have to overcome if we are ever to win anything

Surely the answer to which team makes the final is who picks the better reserve(s) on Thursday

Well they will have better than us probably cos they have more points to play with. And from what I saw of bacon on Saturday he will be better to. If they have bacon again.

Edited by baldyman

Well they won't be using Bates but what other ringer will they be able to use with Wilson Deans average being what it is?

I really can't see us using Coles again, if we did it would probably be suicidal and even if Hume was to declare himself fit he'd be seriously out of practice.

Our choice of no7 will be crucial in us having a chance of overturning the deficit.

I would have thought Rob Branford would have been a good shout for the Rebs in for BWD.

• Like 1

Anything our no7 scores needs to be considered a bonus.

So the other 6 have to score 54 to be sure of securing a final place.

Would need something like

Danny 14

Nico 11

Ben 9

Morten 7

Sarj 6

Jo 7

Not gonna be easy but come on we can do this!!

Nah - go for 53 points so that we get the golden heats in - better value for money!!

• Like 1

You are probably right mick and not prepare the track the only way tungate likes it

Is it worth preparing the track just to screw up one rider? Reading what the Glasgow fans have said, it didn't work for them yesterday. If we go with Connor at 7, I cant see him handling a rough track, he kept falling off when it was fairly smooth.

Having said that, Danny, Ben and Nico should like it.

Fair comment Balders. But most track curators never get it quite right once the weather turns. Getting the right amount of water in appears to be the problem, it doesn't dry so quick when it's cold.