British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Semi Final Ipswich V Somerset

Well done Somerset. Witches ran out of steam. Have to say never expected to even make the play offs so I guess we got a couple of extra meetings.

Interesting conversation in the pits with a certain rider saying how nice it is to beat Ipswich, the home riders hate the place as it's different every week and it's boring follow the leader speedway! Anyway well done Rebels deserve to win. Great from Wright and impressed with Shanes as well. Could be our number 7 next year?

• Like 1

Hearty congratulations to the Rebels - well deserved win with a thoroughly professional performance.

Witches never got going and gave up at the interval.

Good luck in the final.

So disappointing but its been a great effort to get this far and brilliant fun with the massif.

Up the Witches - roll on 2017.

Now it really is time for 'oh well theres always next year'

😢😢😢

• Like 2

Well done to Danny King, beating Craig Cook's track record in what would probably be the last official meeting on the current track given the proposed alterations over the winter?

Thanks to the witches fans for kind words ,nice fans must be disappointed when they deserve a trophy somewhere soon.

• Like 2

Well done to the Rebels! Seems 16 points lead was ample as i always thought it would be. :t:

4th final in 5 years is a pretty impressive stat, congrats to the promotional team as much as the riders for that.

Lets beat those Tigers now whichever variety we have to face! :party:

• Like 1

Well done Somerset, worthy champions. No doubt our 2017 thread will be on here soon. No comment from me until after the BSPA AGM, except I'd welcome back Gino.

• Like 1

Well done to the Rebels! Seems 16 points lead was ample as i always thought it would be. :t:

4th final in 5 years is a pretty impressive stat, congrats to the promotional team as much as the riders for that.

Lets beat those Tigers now whichever variety we have to face! :party:

Whichever set we face, neither team of pussy cats like the wet :rofl::rofl:

Whichever set we face, neither team of pussy cats like the wet :rofl::rofl:

I think we have beaten them home and away, wet and dry this season anyway! Bring them on! :t:

• Like 1

Well done Somerset total team performance from 1 to 7 . Never allowed the Witches to get going in the meeting.

A lot of stop start tonight didn't help . By far the best team to visit Foxhall this season.

A lot of happy Somerset fans tonight and why not congratulations to all associated with Somerset speedway well deserved place in the final .

As for the Witches well think we did well to get where we did consider where we sat in the table in July. Right now who's going to start the Ipswich 2017 thread .

Edited by Pob
  • Like 4

Well done Somerset. The better team and well deserved.

The Witches never got going.

No complaints, if you had offered me the play off semi final in early June, I would have bitten your hand off.

• Like 2

Well done to the Rebels. But what a way to go out! That was a mid May performance from the Witches. And a track to suit. Dusty after the parade. Where the water good. Smoothess it's been for ages and suited the fast starting Rebels. Covatti and Wright had a good battle in heat 3. Sarj great move in heat 6 to go in between the Rebels. Apart from that was there any passing?

Oh well at least we not going EL!

Well done somerset. Well done to the track staff, couldn't make the track more suited to what rohan does best.

Thanks to the rest of the massif for keeping me positive for the last few months, not sure that's gonna last much longer. Think I better sleep before my next post. Once again well done to the rebels riders, manager, promotion and good luck in the final. Enjoy another final rebels fans, you deserve it.

• Like 4