Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Semi Final Ipswich V Somerset

Rohan enjoying his first match as Rebels No. 1 at Glasgow today: FEx,R,R,N

Only word i can describe that today after witnessing it was P*ss poor the Rebel fans that came up to Glasgow today were short changed big time by there so-called No 1.

• Like 4

Somerset could easily rack up 30 point advantage if Allen is back.

A 30 point advantage? Maybe with a fully fit team and an Ipswich side of a couple of years ago.

This is a completely different scenario with a Witches side that have run into form at just at the right time and a Rebels team that have been dealt a severe blow losing the irreplaceable BWD and to a lesser extent young Zach who unlike almost all the other guests at number 7 Somerset have had at the OTA, was good for at least a couple of points.

Ipswich are a different proposition nowadays at the OTA. They really pushed the Rebels hard earlier this season.

This will be a cracker of a match. Always good to have the pantomime villain Ben Barker back in the West Country too!

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if the Rebels gain a 10 point lead at the OTA against the current Witches 1 to 7 particularly if Danyon is back fit and well.

EDIT: But shows what I know, Sheffield have just knocked out Newcastle and I had them down as strapped on Finalists...

Edited by macca56

If the witches get past somerset when is the home leg in the final likely to be, going to have to see what funds are available.

Thursday 20th October being shown on the Club website as reserved for the Play Off Final.

I'd be surprised if the Rebels gain a 10 point lead at the OTA against the current Witches 1 to 7 particularly if Danyon is back fit and well.

EDIT: But shows what I know, Sheffield have just knocked out Newcastle and I had them down as strapped on Finalists...

My dear departed father used to have saying which I find appropriate ( never judge the chocolates by the picture on the box)

• Like 1

My dear departed father used to have saying which I find appropriate ( never judge the chocolates by the picture on the box)

Indeed, a very wise saying, especially if you have a nut allergy.

Did your dear departed father like the movie Forest Gump .... Life is just a box of chocolates, lol?

EDIT: Just thought (whirr click), IF Ipswich & Sheffield make the Final, that's two Thursday night tracks....

Edited by macca56

Not a problem. I make more faux pas than most :lol:

• Like 1

Banger world final on Saturday.. so no speedway this week

Looking up the cost of admission for the Banger Final on Saturday and it is £35.00 plus £2.00 for parking.on the day Do people seriously pay this amount of money

There won't be a single inch of space left. It's normally a total sell out I think. If banger racing is your thing then I doubt it's any different to a speedway fan going to Cardiff.