British Speedway Forum
mickthemuppet

Semi Final Ipswich V Somerset

As expected, when the going gets tough; Ipswich falter.

thanks MF/scooby/flappy....

We can still have a good knees up when you pay Baldy his £5k....

• Like 1

Well done somerset. Well done to the track staff, couldn't make the track more suited to what rohan does best.

Thanks to the rest of the massif for keeping me positive for the last few months, not sure that's gonna last much longer. Think I better sleep before my next post. Once again well done to the rebels riders, manager, promotion and good luck in the final. Enjoy another final rebels fans, you deserve it.

thank you witches fans for the kind words,very supporting,but won nothing yet must keep focused.

Well done somerset. Well done to the track staff, couldn't make the track more suited to what rohan does best.

Thanks to the rest of the massif for keeping me positive for the last few months, not sure that's gonna last much longer. Think I better sleep before my next post. Once again well done to the rebels riders, manager, promotion and good luck in the final. Enjoy another final rebels fans, you deserve it.

good advice to yourself to sleep on it Baldy.

A bad night but not the right time to single out tonight.

All the boys have been brilliant to this point and deserve huge credit for a great turnaround of the season.

Its no disgrace to be beaten by this Somereset side.

• Like 3

The track was awful tonight in my opinion. No line out wide and we have Covatti and Barker who tried to find the dirt and got nowhere. King tried it to attack Wright and got passed by Starke. Listening to the chat in the pits all Rohan and the Somerset boys did was set up the bikes to be quick away then they just couldnt be caught.

No complaints about the result and the best team by far won. Whatever the league set up is we must keep the momentum rolling. There has been a buzz about the place since July and we must not forget how far we have come this season.

• Like 2

Oh forgot to say well done Danny King on the new track record, who would have thought that would happen😉

Hmmmm, highly disappointing but hey we got alot further than I expected a couple of months ago.

Credit to the Rebels, they certainly put one over on us and did a thoroughly professional job over the 2 legs.

To summarise,

Somerset were up for it big time.

The Witches of recent weeks just didn't turn up on the night.

The whole evening was ridiculously stop/start.

The referee should have heavily clamped down on the jump starts from the off, for example, out of the first 5 heats, every one was a roller, the least blatant of all was heat 1 and it was the only one of them he pulled back.

The track was nothing like it's been of late, was set up perfectly for the gating tarts of this world and the first sign of water all night was after ht11 when the tie was basically all over.

The biggest night of the season for us and we didn't come to the party.

Season over, roll on next year and hopefully the promised track changes will produce a better surface for the real racers of whatever team we put together.

Well done Somerset, your team deserved that win, no complaints here, I really thought our season was over in July and that we would be done and dusted well before now, so to get to the semi was an amazing achievement.

• Like 4

Beginning to run out of superlatives for this Rebels team, three away wins on the spin recently against Ipswich, Glasgow and Sheffield. My dislike of the rip offs defining the the title is well documented but I think if we can get over the line in the final, this Rebels team will go down as one of the finest ever. Keep the focus tonight lads and reward those marvellous fans and promotion with the League Cup.

• Like 4

As expected, when the going gets tough; Ipswich falter.

Whereas Peterborough's performance in the play-offs has been.... wait a minute, where are they? :P

I hope the Massif and the rest of the Ippo faithful aren't too downhearted by the result. Somerset are the best team in the league, and there's no shame losing to them. I didn't think you ever had a chance of pulling 16 points back on them (the nature of the Somerset team makes them extremely difficult to beat by that much), although I'm surprised that Somerset won the second leg.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

Not as surprised as some of us. They have been brilliant at home the last few months, but on the big night, too many riders and the track went missing. It was fun though getting that far, and hopefully a small group of us has changed the way speedway is watched at foxhall forever more.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 6