British Speedway Forum

Got sympathy with both sides of the argument here. If Worrall does draw a blank from 5 rides you could certainly draw that conclusion.

However purely playing devils advocate for a minute... What if Worrall draws massive inspiration & confidence from the faith shown in him by Rosco. He learns from seeing what's going on in the pits on a World Cup Final night, struggles but out there racing in that company in front of 20,000 fans. He then goes away in the winter & comes back in 2018 making the sort of steps Cook has made this year, & that Fricke has made in Sweden & Poland this season.

That 00000 might not have seemed that bad after all.

It's the World Cup. Frankly if Worrall can't enjoy the fact he score 12 tonight and he's going to the final but in stead dwells on it if he scores 0 and is taken out of his first ride then he's not mentally right to be a top sportsman.

And using Worrall was wrong by me. The extra rider would have been King anyway.

Personally, I want us to do whatever it takes to win the SWC. Not worry about upsetting a rider because he gets taken out of rides in a SWC Final.

Two words.

Tai who?

Tai who being the difference between us losing our Silver Medal this year and not.

• Like 2

The result put Gb through to the final. If UGB had come second tonight I dont think next Friday they would have made it through to the final - Australia might though if Doyle rides Friday.

The ref got it right in heat 2 when there was a false start and riders went straight back to the tapes - none of this pit-gates-opening-waste-of-time

The track was not a good race track tonight, not a lot of passing.

And Czech Republic - I dont think they wanted to get through this round and rode accordingly. Franc and definitely Milik are better riders then the scores they got. Notice right at the end Franc was in a race where he could have got 2nd, and Milik won his last race. Thats the true reflection of there standard. Its as if they were there just for the ride.

Personally, I want us to do whatever it takes to win the SWC.

Sorry to just take a bit of your statement & hope you dont believe I'm taking out of context BUT your surely would suggest then Woffinden would enhance this cause ?

If thats the case whatever must be done to accomodate him must be done ?

• Like 2

Good result for GB but the racing was awful, very little passing all night.

Let's hope the team put on a good show in the final.

It never was going to good racing with the gulf in class of riders.It was better when a Czech or American made the gate though.If they could have made the gate all night the racing would have been great.

Time to eat my words, never expected such a dominant showing from GB.

Even with Doyle there was every chance with that level of performance we might still have won,

So credit where it's due.

The final will be a different ball game. Good luck to the boys.

• Like 1

Tai who being the difference between us losing our Silver Medal this year and not.

But he dosent give a toss as he has no interest in riding for his country. I personally would prefer to go with the so called lesser riders that are proud to wear the union jack. All real Englishman, not a plastic version with the aussie flag tattooed on his back.

• Like 5

Yea. Kings Lynn track is (if I'm not mistaken) the most "continental" of all British tracks but the preparation was awful so we had a typical British racing (typical as to typical to British short tracks) tonight.

Wrong.

Belle Vue (NSS) is closest to a continental track.

• Like 1

Time to eat my words, never expected such a dominant showing from GB.

Even with Doyle there was every chance with that level of performance we might still have won,

So credit where it's due.

The final will be a different ball game. Good luck to the boys.

Good win tonight, but it will be a lot different in Polands backyard.

• Like 2

But he dosent give a toss as he has no interest in riding for his country. I personally would prefer to go with the so called lesser riders that are proud to wear the union jack. All real Englishman, not a plastic version with the aussie flag tattooed on his back.

I'd rather go with riders who can help us deliver more medals, let's see if this GB squad equals last year's one man runner up spot from 2016.

Either way we have already over achieved by making the final.

Good win tonight, but it will be a lot different in Polands backyard.

Which is what I said, thanks.

Sure. Just remember it was on your soil. Aussies will be with Doyley and they know Polish tracks way better :P

I still don't care who gets silver as long as Poland defends the title ;). It may be the UK for all i care :)

I stand corrected then but sadly it means it will be even harder for you in the finals.

We have over achieved by qualifying. I couldn't care less who wins if it's not GB, which it won't be.

Sorry to just take a bit of your statement & hope you dont believe I'm taking out of context BUT your surely would suggest then Woffinden would enhance this cause ?

If thats the case whatever must be done to accomodate him must be done ?

I think to some extent, we should do as Woffy want/asks, the suggestiuon that one man is not bigger than the team is madness. He's a multi-World Champion, he has won more than the rest of the Team GB set up put together and if he says the riders should wear pink underwear and pray the Flying Spaghetti Monster then you do it as it's obviously worked for him.

What about speedway then? Lets say that your team was the hosts. Would you "kill" speedway by preparing a track that was only one way to ride on and your team knew that with other teams wandering in the fog?

Thats not for the team and the manager to decide tbf. If you want to take your argument to extremes I guess I could go out and shoot all other speedway riders but that would be silly too. I want us to do everything within the rules and laws to win.

Trust me, I'd have much rather watched a decent meeting with passing tonight than tonight gate and go yawn fest. But last years final showed that we're capable of competing on a big track with passing. We score 32 with Cook scoring 5 out of 15, he's come on a lot in 12 months. Lambert is probably better than 3 these days too, certainly in a year or twos time anyway.

Meanwhile Sweden and Denmark are aging and going backwards without any kids to replace them, the Aussies are not bad TBF and if Kurtz and Fricke do anything they're a threat in a few years time. Meanwhile the Poles, well we all know they're great but on there day, can they be beaten? Of course they can!

It's the World Cup. Frankly if Worrall can't enjoy the fact he score 12 tonight and he's going to the final but in stead dwells on it if he scores 0 and is taken out of his first ride then he's not mentally right to be a top sportsman.

And using Worrall was wrong by me. The extra rider would have been King anyway.

Personally, I want us to do whatever it takes to win the SWC. Not worry about upsetting a rider because he gets taken out of rides in a SWC Final.

Nothing wrong with wanting the best result possible for GB, merely painting an alternative scenario for debate. I wouldn't have had a problem with King (always enjoy watching him race btw) being involved in the side & Lambert at reserve for the flexibility it might offer, certainly when looking at next Saturday night.

My impressions of Steve Worrall, albeit only gained from seeing him & listening to him at my club, he seems to have a grounded attitude & a desire to improve. Purely my opinion, if he got withdrawn after one bad ride, I'd be amazed if he didn't take it on the chin & muck in with the other lads.

If we are building for 2018 onwards I would stick with Worrall, who has made major progress over the last 2 years or so. If the end game is the best result next weekend on a big fast track then I understand people wanting King selected.

More importantly, what will Rosco do? I think he'll stick to his guns, rightly or wrongly. We'll see.

For editorial reasons I'd like to point out that Team GB were without Tai Woffinden. Not that Pearson cares when he was crying about the Aussies losing and giving excuses "for editorial" reasons. What a twit he is.

Was Tai injured the same as Jason?

LOL! A true fan!!!! /sarcasm

UK DID the job. No OVERACHIEVING!!! It was UK or AUS from the start!

You don't care who wins the final... OK. Understandable

But "...if it's not GB, which it won't be." part shows you either aren't a speedway fan or aren't British. Or both.

What on earth on you on about??

Proud Brit and a realist.

Delighted GB won, even tho everyone had the Aussies favourites to win (even without Doyle).

If you can show me one person who thinks GB will win Saturday , go ahead.

Do you believe GB will win Saturday? I will have whatever you are drinking if you do.

GB has fallen behind other nations and are starting to make some improvements. To suggest I should think we will win on Saturday is beyond crazy.

GB have achieved the best thing possible - straight through to the final. That's a great achievement.

Will we win????? You can answer that.

Nothing wrong with wanting the best result possible for GB, merely painting an alternative scenario for debate. I wouldn't have had a problem with King (always enjoy watching him race btw) being involved in the side & Lambert at reserve for the flexibility it might offer, certainly when looking at next Saturday night.

My impressions of Steve Worrall, albeit only gained from seeing him & listening to him at my club, he seems to have a grounded attitude & a desire to improve. Purely my opinion, if he got withdrawn after one bad ride, I'd be amazed if he didn't take it on the chin & muck in with the other lads.

If we are building for 2018 onwards I would stick with Worrall, who has made major progress over the last 2 years or so. If the end game is the best result next weekend on a big fast track then I understand people wanting King selected.

More importantly, what will Rosco do? I think he'll stick to his guns, rightly or wrongly. We'll see.

Steve has been riding in Poland this year, King isn't.

Steve more than deserves his place. King has proven several times. .. He isn't good enough abroad.

Two words.

Tai who?

wont be saying that after next Saturday when the team are mauled in Poland.