British Speedway Forum

I can't remember the last time Denmark were not in the final and shows how much they have declined as their new generation are not up to it.

GB are officially better than Denmark on the world stage, sensational stuff :rofl:

I'm in stock, Hans Nielsen to get the sack I should imagine after that.

For the Race-Off I don't think the Aussie's will have enough, fancy Russia to do it

Ok,he possibly should do.Denmark should beat Latvia normally.But Denmark are on the downturn in a way they haven't seen for a long time.Secher got out at the right time and Hans took the job at the wrong time.Future isn't looking good for Danish speedway.But good managers motivate and get riders properly set-up.Talking about having the wrong set up etc from a rider of his experience is bad!!!!

Really pleased for Latvia but can't help but think it weakens the Race-off overall, who cares though, we're through already and we've been treated to a great evening of speedway tonight.

Yes but you could say the same thing about GB in the final on Saturday. At the end of the day they both rode with what was put in front of them, so fair play to both.

Back tonight to what makes the World Cup great, 4 relatively evenly matched sides on a great track with racing to match which was ruthless and at times desperate.

Great work from Latvia, humbling the mighty Denmark, its been an absolute disaster since Hans Nielsen took charge. Another plus tonight was Natalie Quirke back front and centre, are you watching BT, great job Natalie and Scott

• Like 1

Yes but you could say the same thing about GB in the final on Saturday. At the end of the day they both rode with what was put in front of them, so fair play to both.

Absolutely, no complaints whatsoever from me, just looking through a neutrals eye and there's no doubting expectations would have been higher had the Danes got through.

Then again, as Scott pointed out, there are members of both the Russian & Latvian teams who will be more at home on the Polish track, I'd be happy to see either of them take the final spot ahead of the Aussies.

Is Doyle riding in the race off

No idea yet, probably will not know till practice, but they will have to go some to beat Russia and Latvia.

Wow Denmark knocked out and have to qualify for 2018. :o

I would have thought it was the Czechs who have to qualify, since the Danes scored more points of the two fourth-placed teams. There is only one qualifier these days, or have they gone back to two?

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

If anyone is interested,i hear there is a 'lucky' Oxford programme board now lying in a bin at the track :P

• Like 2

Farcical that USA make the race off and Denmark don't. Need some proper seeded draw for each event rather then the fix they keep doing now every year.

• Like 7

Great meeting to watch but my god some of the daft comments on here about this track compared to Saturday! Yes the track plays a part but if tonight was Sweden , Russia, USA and Czech would the racing have been as good???? Of course not!! Yes the track was better than the other night but you need evenly matched teams for good racing! The NSS is the best track we have. Let's have Belle Vue v Berwick and the racing would be awful!

• Like 6

If race off/final is in Denmark next year they won't have to qualify could be straight into final if rules don't change!

Superb meeting , well done Latvia.

I'm afraid team GB would have been swallowed up tonight!!

• Like 1

Great meeting to watch but my god some of the daft comments on here about this track compared to Saturday! Yes the track plays a part but if tonight was Sweden , Russia, USA and Czech would the racing have been as good???? Of course not!! Yes the track was better than the other night but you need evenly matched teams for good racing! The NSS is the best track we have. Let's have Belle Vue v Berwick and the racing would be awful!

Well the track was so much better than the one produced on Saturday, there's no getting away from that. Am wondering why you call them daft comments and then pretty much back them up with your own.

The track was better prepared full stop.

• Like 3