Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Farcical that USA make the race off and Denmark don't. Need some proper seeded draw for each event rather then the fix they keep doing now every year.

Should do it on points scored ...

That was a cracker of a meeting, just how a World Cup qualifier should be. The UK qualifier has to be at Belle Vue in the future because Kings Lynn would not provide good racing for any line up, its been pants for years,,,

• Like 4

Superb meeting , well done Latvia.

I'm afraid team GB would have been swallowed up tonight!!

Irrelevant.Team GB are in the final. :party:

• Like 1

Very enjoyable meeting that........... :t:

I can't remember the last time Denmark were not in the final and shows how much they have declined as their new generation are not up to it.

Wasn't that last year :wink: .Poland,GB,Sweden and Australia i believe :t:

If race off/final is in Denmark next year they won't have to qualify could be straight into final if rules don't change!

Now, that would be a farce but not a surprise of that was to be decided

If race off/final is in Denmark next year they won't have to qualify could be straight into final if rules don't change!

If the BSPA dont take it on... :nono:

Irrelevant.Team GB are in the final. :party:

Very true, but sadly their presence will not exactly liven it up!! Only a full strength and fit Aussie side could even begin to challenge Poland, I fear we have seen the best this years World Cup is going to offer tonight, for sure!

Well that was great..but the fact there were 4 ultra competitive teams was the key...yes the track was great which helps ..but if you've got 2 competitive teams and 2 also rans then you'll never get a good meeting..it was great tonight though .

• Like 4

Farcical that USA make the race off and Denmark don't. Need some proper seeded draw for each event rather then the fix they keep doing now every year.

So before the championship started, if we'd asked Denmark which meeting they wanted to be in, what do you think they would have said? Denmark, Scandanavia. There's a clue in the question!

No disrespect intended. But for Denmark to go out tonight is massive news. To lose to Russia and Latvia is shocking.

I might sound like Uncle Albert (you know, "In the war.....") but I remember Russia touring over here (a long time ago) and getting thrashed. They have one (or two) pretty good riders now and that means more will follow. Latvia? I know a few of their riders but who had any money on them tonight? Well done and no mistake. A huge result for them and well done. No if's and but's.

Speedway is in decline. But someone didn't tell some of these foreigners. There's hope for us all.

..but if you've got 2 competitive teams and 2 also rans then you'll never get a good meeting..it was great tonight though .

That's what everyone said we had tonight (before the meeting).

As I keep saying how are these matches worked out ..Team Gb v Aus and two no hopers each year while The other semi is the group of death .Lets be honest if we were in tonights semi we would be out .
  • Like 2

GB are officially better than Denmark on the world stage, sensational stuff :rofl:

I'm in stock, Hans Nielsen to get the sack I should imagine after that.

For the Race-Off I don't think the Aussie's will have enough, fancy Russia to do it

Agree, if Tarasov rides like he did tonight. Why is Artem not there?

As I keep saying how are these matches worked out ..Team Gb v Aus and two no hopers each year while The other semi is the group of death .Lets be honest if we were in tonights semi we would be out .

Can I borrow your crystal ball? I assume you took a bet on Denmark going out tonight?

I would have thought it was the Czechs who have to qualify, since the Danes scored more points of the two fourth-placed teams. There is only one qualifier these days, or have they gone back to two?

All the best

Rob

You are probably right.