British Speedway Forum

Personally I don't think it was the track that made for a brillliant meeting more the fact you had 4 riders in each race capable of winning it.

Made for a highly competitive meeting ala a GP and moves by some riders that really were wild.

they = Sweden

But even that argument is nonsense.Look at the 2013 team and look at the 2015 team.Who was missing from 2013????

There is still time for the likes of Kildemand, Bech, Jensen, Madsen, etc to find a slightly higher level than what they are just now and they aren't far from being top line international riders at the moment.

As a squad on paper they still look stronger than most of the others, although a good bit behind Poland at the moment.

You really do have to question the management team when they have failed to get anything like the expected results in the SWC in the last couple of years since taking charge.

I agree it could happen that those riders do better.Not convinced that it is very likely they will all do better in one r more meetings.For sure if those riders last night all had their top form they could have gone through easily.The trouble when you get passed your best is the great nights get fewer and fewer

A British win with no passing would be a massive loss to speedway as any new armchair would be fans would only nod and say " yes. first away from the start wins". "why bother to go", which is the problem we currently have.

Sadly, it's the way the general public have always perceived speedway, well, since I started going in 1971, and maybe even before that. The fans know that it isn't true but to the casual observer it's what they see. If they take the trouble to go to see a meeting live there now seems to be all sorts of reasons/excuses why there isn't any passing - too much dirt, too little dirt, over watered, dusty, wrong shape, teams not competitive, track not wide enough etc. One week great racing, the next follow the leader. (Look at Kings Lynn and Sheffield, used to be renowned for great, entertaining racing but not now - well according to the forum anyway - so what's happened there?)

You never know what sort of a meeting you're going to get but if you're taking a newbie along let's hope it's a great one!!

• Like 2

But even that argument is nonsense.Look at the 2013 team and look at the 2015 team.Who was missing from 2013????

I agree it could happen that those riders do better.Not convinced that it is very likely they will all do better in one r more meetings.For sure if those riders last night all had their top form they could have gone through easily.The trouble when you get passed your best is the great nights get fewer and fewer

For me Andersen,Bjerre,.Nicki,Iversen are all past there peak now, and in truth there best four now available are Iverson Madsen,Jensen, Kildemand.For me worrying times for the Danes i am hoping Hansen makes a breakthrough for them in the future.

For me Andersen,Bjerre,.Nicki,Iversen are all past there peak now, and in truth there best four now available are Iverson Madsen,Jensen, Kildemand.For me worrying times for the Danes i am hoping Hansen makes a breakthrough for them in the future.

But take Kildemand, he seems to not be doing so well since he stopped riding in England.

Edited by A ORLOV

But take Kildemand, he seems to not be doing so well since he stopped riding in England.

I agree he really needs to regroup now, i thought he would be a top 8 rider for a few years it shows just how well Lindgren has done to reinvent himself.
  • Like 1

I watched Saturday's and Tuesday's events (via delayed stream).

As an American, I enjoyed Saturday's match - even though I've been more entertained as a fan via other events (please don't hate us just 'cause we're Americans).

As a speedway fan, I absolutely ate up Tuesday's match!! That was so fun to watch! More than a handful of times I was literally shouting out loud and leaning so far sideways on my couch (trying to help the riders - LOL) that my S.O. reached out and grabbed me thinking I was going to topple right over! Man, that was fun!

Two big "Thumbs Up" from this guy!

HB

• Like 7

IVERSEN too

I agree but its only our stupid points system, not working for the top riders, that kept him out. Shame. Iversen very loyal to GB.

• Like 1

I agree but its only our stupid points system, not working for the top riders, that kept him out. Shame. Iversen very loyal to GB.

No it's not. You really think Lynn would have signed Holder if Puk was available? Puk has been making noises for years about possibly not riding over here.

Edited by SCB

No it's not. You really think Lynn would have signed Lynn if Puk was available? Puk has been making noises for years about possibly not riding over here.

THINK he would have ridden. Still lives relatively close to KL.

THINK he would have ridden. Still lives relatively close to KL.

So why isn't he? Balls is it the points limit. It's because of Poland.

No it's not. You really think Lynn would have signed Holder if Puk was available? Puk has been making noises for years about possibly not riding over here.

But he didnt do to bad 14 seasons on the trott in British speedway he has my respect anyway.

I am sure we all agree and those in positions to influence the BSPA to think in that way ( and take any positive steps to make it happen - please do so ). It is scary and disappointing that the Chairman's track has usually provided only dire racing this season. A shift in thinking seems needed if speedway, as we know it is to continue and not be further diluted.

But maybe it is only when it is much more diluted, will it improve and attract a paying audience on the terraces?

The truth is the rules on track sizes/shapes need changing to prevent flawed tracks being built. It won't happen though.

Can anyone remember what year and heat it was when I think it was Pedersen and Crump slowed to avoid the joker being allowed to be used