British Speedway Forum

Well not long till I fly out tomorrow morning for the World Cup, but looking at the weather forecast we may have a problem as forecast is for thunderstorms on Friday afternoon and evening but Saturday and Sunday is ok. in case it gets rained off Friday night. Just have to miss Wroclaw vs rybnik on Sunday if it's put back a day. 🍺

• Like 1

Iversen has been woeful this year, and would take a punt on him being back in the UK next season. Maybe Kildemand as well.

Can anyone remember what year and heat it was when I think it was Pedersen and Crump slowed to avoid the joker being allowed to be used

It was heat 16 in the 2012 final Edited by RumOldBird

The first event at Kings Lynn wasn't a great advert for the sport but Team GB did a great job with what was in front of them and filled the card with wins and seconds to easily qualify for the final. However had Team GB have been in last nights meeting instead of Denmark, I don't think they would be finalists and at best looking towards Friday's play off.

Sweden had a few problems but dominated a tough meeting while Russia relied on the main two but Tarasenko came to the party with some great points. As for Latvia it was mainly Lebedevs but the other points were hard fought for and to get six points from the nominated heats shocked the rest and a well deserved play off place.

Got to feel for Denmark after years of dominance in the sport but they no longer have the big names and field a very inconsistent team of riders and when you consider they won five of the twenty races, it was the 13 points from the other 15 races which cost them. They were unlucky to have Jensen pulling up in his fourth ride as it was clearly first bend bunching and should have been all four back.

So now we have Russia v Australia in the play off with Latvia a likley third and USA a distant fourth but all credit for getting there and being in the right round as USA and Czech are clearly the two weakest teams of the nine in the competition.

The heat format works but have always thought it's slightly wrong which is easily fixed while the rules are getting stupid. Every country picks a squad well in advance, usually ten riders. A week before the competition starts they should name the starting five along with one standby rider and one standby reserve and through the competition can use any of these seven as long as the reserve is one of the under 21 nominations.

Should be a good final but who will get Silver ? RUSSIA/AUSTRALIA, SWEDEN or GB

I know that I'm going to be in the minority but with Lingrin on and looks like Lindback has come to ride AND as I stated in a previous post never underestimate AJ.So I'm going with Sweden to win it. All the pressure is on Poland and that's never a good thing.

So why isn't he? Balls is it the points limit. It's because of Poland.

The Polish 'three leagues' ruling hits the Danes particularly hard and effectively leaves them choosing between Sweden and Britain, or finding a way out of racing at home.

I have just watched events 1&2. Fantastic stuff from Västervik. Can't believe the Danes are out, since when I last visited Poland for a SWC event, they won it, on the last corner of the last lap in brilliant style. The Danes & the Czechs need new team managers. Dreadful Joker choices. I don't care which SGB Premiership team they sign for any team signing Ļebedevs & Milík are on to a winner.

Edited by Col

Lineup for the race-off :)

1. Ķasts Puodžuks

2. Jevgeņijs Kostigovs

3. Andžejs Ļebedevs ©

4. Maksims Bogdanovs

5. no rider

1. Emil Sayfutdinov

2. Grigorii Laguta

3. Vadim Tarasenko

4. Andrei Kudriashov

5. Gleb Chugunov (U21)

1. Jason Doyle ©

2. Sam Masters

3. Chris Holder

4. Troy Batchelor

5. Max Fricke (U21)

1. Ricky Wells ©

2. Gino Manzares

3. Luke Becker

4. Dillon Ruml

5. Broc Nicol (U21)

That was a great Swedish round, much better racing track then KL, Chapman needs to take note and get some lessons how to prepare a race track.

Everyone was stuck in really trying their hardest.

Whoever the 4th team through to the final on Saturday will mea GB are up against it, and the team GB lads will have to raise their game a notch or two. I can see GB being real spoilers in some races. and they should take encouragement from that. But as for being winners - no, I dont think so, bronze a possibility, silver would be something special for them this year.

Looking forward to Fri and Sat meets.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1

The weather forecast looks awful for Leszno on Friday what happens if the race off is cancelled? Do they run both meetings on the Saturday

It was heat 16 in the 2012 final

Thanks for that

The weather forecast looks awful for Leszno on Friday what happens if the race off is cancelled? Do they run both meetings on the Saturday

Restage date for the race-off is saturday.

Australia it is then into the Final on Saturday ( or Sunday ) Or is it?

And in the Final

Poland - Gold

Sweden Silver

GB / Australia in a Run Off for Bronze and ......that race is won by Jason Doyle.

A decent track shape is difficult, if a Track is purpose built like Belle Vue, then its possible, however if a track has to go into an existing stadium with other sports it can be tricky

Even with a "new build" it can all go wrong - look at Leicester. Depends on the designer. Spot on at the NSS. They got it right at KL long ago but now.....

Australia it is then into the Final on Saturday ( or Sunday ) Or is it?

And in the Final

Poland - Gold

Sweden Silver

GB / Australia in a Run Off for Bronze and ......that race is won by Jason Doyle.

Even with a "new build" it can all go wrong - look at Leicester. Depends on the designer. Spot on at the NSS. They got it right at KL long ago but now.....

Has it been mentioned anywhere yet if Jason is able to practice

Thanks for that

I think heat 17 was even better, Watt was 3rd and slowed down, 0.5s later MBJensen realised what's going on and try to do the same but it was too late, so he finished 2nd, Ljung 3rd and Watt 4th allowing Aussies to use their joker in heat 18.

Joker is a stupid rule, should be scrapped

I think heat 17 was even better, Watt was 3rd and slowed down, 0.5s later MBJensen realised what's going on and try to do the same but it was too late, so he finished 2nd, Ljung 3rd and Watt 4th allowing Aussies to use their joker in heat 18.

Joker is a stupid rule, should be scrapped

The races can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFWaxpcNP-s

Hilarious. Joker was shown up for what it is, and should have been scrapped right there and then, but instead they decide that the riders are in the wrong.

Now they even have a joker race jacket, which says to me they are pretty proud of their joker rule.

• Like 2