British Speedway Forum

They were punished, of course it was cheating. If it wasn't cheating then they wouldn't have been punished.

We all know its a rule after Hancock was excluded in a GP for not trying.

There is a rule that you can be excluded for not making a bonafide effort to race.

There is also a rule that you can be excluded for falling off.

Is falling off also cheating then?

No problem with Bachelor being excluded. I just don't think it's cheating to try and use the joker if it is an option. Otherwise it shouldn't be an option.

It's been a rule for a long time. I remember SteveGresham getting excluded at Swindon for not trying.

Edited by grachan

Interesting that the Russian team manager was talking to Bogdanovs prior to start of heat 14. Then Bogdanovs takes Doyle wide and Tarasenko cuts back.

One hour 8 minutes into above . Talks to Tarasenko then Bogdanovs who nods back.

SWC is just like Eurovision , nearest neighbours helping each other out , probably a deal done before a wheel was turned , shame the Ruskies couldn't help Latvia to the silver ,

• Like 1

SWC is just like Eurovision , nearest neighbours helping each other out , probably a deal done before a wheel was turned , shame the Ruskies couldn't help Latvia to the silver ,

Interesting point here. An evidence for what you are talking about is what happened after Latvia beat the danes in the extra heat for the third place in Västervik. After Lebedevs won the heat not only did his teammates and the latvian leaders run towards him and started to cheer, so did also the Russian team.

I remember SteveGresham getting excluded at Swindon for not trying.

This seems to have been endemic with Swindon riders over the decades :o:D

• Like 1

Interesting that the Russian team manager was talking to Bogdanovs prior to start of heat 14. Then Bogdanovs takes Doyle wide and Tarasenko cuts back.

One hour 8 minutes into above . Talks to Tarasenko then Bogdanovs who nods back.

Interesting spot, and not at all surprised. That first bend was text-book team riding along with exploiting one of Doyle's major weaknesses.

No doubt this come about because of Batchelor's move.

Aussies were not great all the way through but it was a truly shocking collapse from them after the Batchelor incident. It's like they had no composure or temperament at all. Apart from Fricke, they just got worse and worse and worse.

Delighted for the Russians, they all rode well, and rode intelligently.

I will be amazed if the Poles don't win tomorrow, and by quite a large margin I expect, but there's no doubt this World Cup has probably been the most entertaining WC in years, largely thanks to the Russians.

• Like 2

Another excellent speedway meeting.Russians worthy winners.Holder is really struggling ,not sure but think a change of engine tuner might help,bikes look sluggish even when he gets into good positions .

• Like 1

Just watched the race off the Aussie s what a disappointment Doyle ok blew it getting excluded holder poor at this level he should be scoring more I like Chris but don t know he has more bad rides than good ones hopefully he can turn it around batch not good at this level should score more master s still leaning fricke good rider will be a top gp rider in the future the ruskis well done they deserved it on the night the young 17 teen year old rode his socks off and well done to USA and Becker in that last ride great ride onto tomorrow I hope team Gb give a good account of themselves and get a medal should be a good leaning curve for lambert worrel and cook the main thing is don't finish last in any heats and we ll be in with a shout. Good luck to the boys

Interesting point here. An evidence for what you are talking about is what happened after Latvia beat the danes in the extra heat for the third place in Västervik. After Lebedevs won the heat not only did his teammates and the latvian leaders run towards him and started to cheer, so did also the Russian team.

Bear in mind that for fifty years Latvia was part of the Soviet Union who shipped in a heck of a lot of ethnic Russians who now form over a quarter of the population.

When Emil was interviewed after the Daugavpils GP he said it was effectively a home GP for him.

As for the joker rule, it invites corruption.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

If a rider is excluded for "not racing" or engineering a result like Batchelor did they should be excluded from their next race too, with no replacement allowed

• Like 5

They should just get rid of the stupid joker, it plays up to it's name!

• Like 4

Bear in mind that for fifty years Latvia was part of the Soviet Union who shipped in a heck of a lot of ethnic Russians who now form over a quarter of the population.

When Emil was interviewed after the Daugavpils GP he said it was effectively a home GP for him.

Very true. Of the current Latvian SWC team, only Puodzuks is an ethnic Latvian. The other three - Lebedevs, Bogdanovs, and Kostygovs - all have Russian forefathers, as has their Team Manager Rybnikovs. But of course the riders are all Latvian citizens, born and raised in Latvia. Nothing wrong here.

• Like 1

I've got no problem with the Russians winning a place in the final, that they deserved. but all this animosity towards the Aussie's is surprising. They are the only country that collectively want to ride these shores. Take them away and the quality of our leagues will be reduced to nothing.

Last night they struggled. Riding slow equipment and surprised by the opposition, they were up against it from the start. I don't blame Batchelor for his part in the slowing down, While Jokers are used, these antics will continue. But to rubbish the effort of the Aussies as a group to me is wrong Our league would be in S--t street without them.

• Like 1

I don't have any animosity towards Australia but the Russians ( and to some extent the Latvians ) wanted it much , much more and were dialled in from the start. The sensational, young Chugunov reminded me so much of Ove Fundin and if he can do half as well as Ove, he will have a great career! Australia seemed have lost belief after Doyle was excluded and most of their riders were well below their best at the "wrong " time. Well done to the Russians and it could really spice up the Final. Team GB need to have their gating brains fully engaged and show how much they really want it. We have seen that you can come from the back and make a race of things on that track.

• Like 1

The Aussie's have Average, Average, Average and Average up and coming.

Australia have Doyle then nothing.

Denmark, Sweden, Australia and GB just have rider's with potential, no real quality here and now.

I have to disagree, Jack Holder is emerging as a world class rider

They'll have to whip up a team racesuit for young Chugunov for tomorrow :)

As the other Russians aren't wearing team suits, I'm not sure they'll bother