British Speedway Forum

As the World Cup as become a pointless exercise maybe the trophy should be awarded to Poland permanently and the competition discontinued as was the Worlds Best Pairs competion.

A bit like England's superiority in the seventies. They were unstoppable on paper - now remind me what happened in 1976, 1978 and 1979.

The guy got drilled by a load of morons a week ago and is having a bit of an F U moment which although I'm sure he knows it would rile a few people, he makes a well deserved point.

I don't know Tai that well but having spoken to him a few times about these sort of situations I can tell you that 'no comment' did not mean 'I told you so'

Rosco and a couple of the boys (Lambert aside) all had their subtle digs at him during this week when they had winning a weak event 1 Swagger about then. But people are selective on who's out of order aren't they

Ask yourself why the fans are saying the things they are about him. Ask yourself why the fans are criticising him. Ask yourself why the fans are pissed off with him.

The fans didn't wake up one day en masse and randomly decide to start on our best (in terms of talent and success) speedway rider for a generation, maybe ever! Theres a reason for it.

Don't see it that way at all. You say "a load of morons" but these are speedway fans fed up with his attitude towards his own country, whether it be not riding in our leagues, not riding in ourchampionship or not riding in the swc.

So what well deserved point is he making? TeamGB would have done better with him riding? True. But he has turned his back on his country. He deserves any crap thrown at him for disrespecting British speedway and its fans.

You don't like him Steve so there is no point in me making the same points I have made time and time again to you.

The BSPA have managed to have riders like Rico,Scotty, Havvy, even our beloved Bomber say they've had enough and will turn their back on representing GB. Tai has the clout and ability to not need British speedway. Sad for us fans yes, but if others were good enough they'd do the same. You somehow cannot see that. Same to you SCB. Not being disrespectful just trying to give the other side of the coin. But you'll refuse to see it so I shoulda saved my energy

Edited by RPNYC
  • Like 2

Supportive tweet to Worrall from Woffinden. Clear Tai was watching, if it benefits Stevie going forward in some way then it benefits his clubs & ultimately his country.

For the record I'm no Woffinden apologist. Been put off by his seemingly arrogant attitude over last couple of years. On the other side can see merits in his frustration at the BSPA too.

Let's not burn the bridge to him, love him or not, what he does works.

You don't like him Steve so there is no point in me making the same points I have made time and time again to you.

The BSPA have managed to have riders like Rico,Scotty, Havvy, even our beloved Bomber say they've had enough and will turn their back on representing GB. Tai has the clout and ability to not need British speedway. Sad for us fans yes, but if others were good enough they'd do the same. You somehow cannot see that. Same to you SCB. Not being disrespectful just trying to give the other side of the coin. But you'll refuse to see it so I shoulda saved my energy

I have no issue with critisism of the BSPA, I have no issue with refusing to ride because they're not doing things properly. I've said a number of times (including this week) that the BSPA should be doing what Woffy says as he has won World Titles so knows what it needs. But there is no need for him to be a twit towards the fans.

A bit like England's superiority in the seventies. They were unstoppable on paper - now remind me what happened in 1976, 1978 and 1979.

My point is that Poland will dominate permanently because no other nation, in this day and age, has the interest, motivation or financial clout to bring themselves to the level required to win this competition.

They guys had people onto him from day 1 about not being a Brit despite being our top scorer since 2008 in every SWC & a double world champion. I just don't blame him for winding up fans who throw the kitchen sink at him. We can all sit here and say we wouldn't do it but none of us will ever be in that position.

All I'm saying Steve we as Brit fans, should be more annoyed at a tactically inept manager &

Riders who have turned up under prepared YET AGAIN. Remember Cookie & Danny King didn't even get a heat win till their 4th rides last year - in Manchester!!! -because they 'weren't dialled in' been hearing this year after year there is no excuse & to me much more frustrating than Tai sending a tweet quite clearly meant to wind people who knock him up.

Again not knocking their effort tonight but this is the WORLD CUP. We've had a 17 year old Russian kid look better than our captain & "no.1" that is an embarrassment

Edited by RPNYC
  • Like 2

Agree totally, has no loyalty to Britain at all. He should be booed by the fans at Cardiff not treated like a hero which no doubt 99% of the crowd will do for some reason!

it's because he is a double world British champ. You can't fault him for that. Brits in general have very little to cheer about so plenty of reasons to thank him for. His stance on not riding here and GB are down to the authorities. When you have a double world champion you listen.

I don't blame him even tho I wish he was riding here.

And to think a couple of seasons ago I was cheering him on in the GP series. He will get a big cheer in Cardiff but I think there will be quite a few boos in the crowd as well.

He will get the 2nd biggest cheer next to Cook, without question.

So Team GB are 4th in the World.

Better than Australia. Better than Denmark - both of whom could not manage to qualify for the final.

Well done Team GB.

As for the strange tattooed lad Mr T. Woffinden I have no problem with his decision not to race for his adopted country - but if he continues to publicly "diss" (I think that's the modern word) the GB team and the GB fans - he should have his GB licence revoked.

• Like 5

He didn't diss them

• Like 1

My point is that Poland will dominate permanently because no other nation, in this day and age, has the interest, motivation or financial clout to bring themselves to the level required to win this competition.

But most observers would have said the same thing about England in the mid-seventies, and look how that turned out.

But most observers would have said the same thing about England in the mid-seventies, and look how that turned out.

Time will tell how it works out

Embarrasing to watch. Poor machines, wrong lines and tape breaking too. Woofy should not wear GB at Cardiff if he is not prepared to represent his country, whatever his disagreementswith the authorities. shame on him.

Some excellent racing again on a proper speedway track.

Don't think GB can be too disappointed, not an unexpected result and something to build on for the likes of Worral.

Having said that I do think GB need to develop more of a ruthless streak, plenty of time going into the 3rd turn I was thinking "shut the door" but they were letting riders sail by on the outside.

By comparison, Dudek roughed up Harris a few times on the outside run in Heat 19 even though Poland had it in the bag by then.

Don't see it that way at all. You say "a load of morons" but these are speedway fans fed up with his attitude towards his own country, whether it be not riding in our leagues, not riding in ourchampionship or not riding in the swc.

So what well deserved point is he making? TeamGB would have done better with him riding? True. But he has turned his back on his country. He deserves any crap thrown at him for disrespecting British speedway and its fans.

Dont even bother Steve . this guy is a Woffinden apologist , probably as big a plonker as woffinden himself