British Speedway Forum

I'd be happy if u beat Ruskies!!!

The Poles were all cheering the Russians as their own on the winners parade!

I predicted Sweden in an upset and was wrong. But have to say on a neutral track it would have been much closer. The Poles really knew that track last night...I think it was Pawlicki who was racing in the first set of heats when he squared off turn two and just shot by Lingrin.(I think) That was the hint for me for what was to follow.

The young Gleb was amazing not only in the way he rode but in his poise and smooth consistency under so much pressure. BUT the bike was set up right and I'm sure Emil had a lot to do with that along with lots of personal support. I don't think it was mentioned but Hample was busy in the pits and I'm sure helping with set up and moral support. Tia could have been instrumental in the same capacity and of course you have to think Hancock could have helped the U.S. sort a couple things out BUT...

Let's hope that great heat for Worrell is a glimpse into his future!! One last take away....of all the heats and close racing I can't remember anyone on the ground.? Amazing testament to these riders.

I thoroughly enjoyed the series....looks like they can't get rid of the joker now that they made the vests.

I suppose we could ask the Poles if we could send our best prospects to ride in their leagues as we

allowed Poles into the UK when they were all but a one man nation in Zenon Plech.

Doubt it will or could happen today but Poland needs to look at where the opposition will come from in a few years time.

we do have the riders in this country but not the ambition of the governing body that runs speedway im afraid my opinion

No thats true, The BSPA have absolutely no ambition. But how many British WC do you know who have deserted british speedway..

I'm quite sure that Team GB gave their all last night but did people really expect the team to do any better than they did?

Love him or loathe him Tai is a huge loss to the team as he's our only world class rider and head and shoulders above the likes of any other GB rider.

Let's face it only Tai's outstanding performance last year got us the runners up spot with him scoring at least half if not more of our final points tally.

We were always going to struggle without him when faced with top class opposition.

By the sounds of things Bomber gave his all and delivered as much as you could have expected of him. Also Steve Worral showed signs of his continuing promise after sorting himself out after a difficult start. Lambert is only 19 and come a long way in a short space of time - this was a big learning opportunity for him and given the progress he's made so far he could well be at Tai's level in the years to come.

The biggest question mark for me is Cook. He came into the sport late and has had to make up a lot of ground. His progress has been steady but nothing more. Going by the averages in the Speedway Star he's not in the top 6 of a weakened Premiership. True, he's through to the SGP challenge Final but unless he finishes in the top 3 in Togliatti and gets to a SF at Cardiff I don't think he can say that he's ready to take his place as a top class rider. Personally I feel Worrall and Lambert have a better chance of going further.

Credit to what the team has achieved though - I'm sure Demark and Australia would have preffered to have finished where we did.

Can't argue with that but I do think we should cut Cook a bit of slack, at least until Cardiff where he will have an opportunity to show that last night was the exception rather than the rule. I know we can't afford for anyone, least of all our captain, to have an off night on such an occasion but realistically, as you say, we still achieved what anyone could have expected.

I think he'll do ok at Cardiff, the track will suit him far better and that will help his confidence, wouldn't be surprised if he makes the semis. We all know it's a confidence sport and last night must have shattered his, now he needs a good couple of weeks to rebuild, I've still got high hopes for him.

Nobody will be more disappointed with his performance than Cookie, just imagine his frustration .....

I predicted Sweden in an upset and was wrong. But have to say on a neutral track it would have been much closer. The Poles really knew that track last night...I think it was Pawlicki who was racing in the first set of heats when he squared off turn two and just shot by Lingrin.(I think) That was the hint for me for what was to follow.

The young Gleb was amazing not only in the way he rode but in his poise and smooth consistency under so much pressure. BUT the bike was set up right and I'm sure Emil had a lot to do with that along with lots of personal support. I don't think it was mentioned but Hample was busy in the pits and I'm sure helping with set up and moral support. Tia could have been instrumental in the same capacity and of course you have to think Hancock could have helped the U.S. sort a couple things out BUT...

Let's hope that great heat for Worrell is a glimpse into his future!! One last take away....of all the heats and close racing I can't remember anyone on the ground.? Amazing testament to these riders.

I thoroughly enjoyed the series....looks like they can't get rid of the joker now that they made the vests.

Yeh! The Poles gave Hampel the " bumps"in the celebrations at end of meeting.They knock lumps out of each other in league matches but when it comes to representing their country they all get together for Team Spirit.Unlike some other Countries.

you see whatever you want to see , I see a reckless idiot , and if anybody got a world title because they deserved it Nigel Boocock would have had 10 . but they are not handed out to people who Sidney the Robin thinks deserves them , they are for the people who can stay out of hospital long enough to score the most points !!

While NIGEL was a great rider but he also liked hospital food ask Eric ?? get a life speedi think before you speak maybe if you feel that strongly tell Doyle to his face ????? Nah you wont because you ent got the BALLS whether you like Doyle or not he deseves a bit of respect and if he is the 2017 world Champion i will mug you off with every opportunity .🤓🤗 Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Cook tries not to show it but is a bag of nerves on a big occasion. Needs some sports psychologist.

Cook did all right at Cardiff last time - 7 points if I remember right, that would be just short of a semi place.

Ok he wasnt on fire last night, whether it was all due to set up or engine lacking hp - but he saw Worrel do what he did and he must take encouragement from that.

Cook did all right at Cardiff last time - 7 points if I remember right, that would be just short of a semi place.

Ok he wasnt on fire last night, whether it was all due to set up or engine lacking hp - but he saw Worrel do what he did and he must take encouragement from that.

He will do well to get 7 pts this time with latest GP line up.Wish him well though.Cardiff throws up unpredictable results though.

So Team GB are 4th in the World.

Better than Australia. Better than Denmark - both of whom could not manage to qualify for the final.

Well done Team GB.

As for the strange tattooed lad Mr T. Woffinden I have no problem with his decision not to race for his adopted country - but if he continues to publicly "diss" (I think that's the modern word) the GB team and the GB fans - he should have his GB licence revoked.

GB finished 4th because Event 1 was so weak they should have qualified. If they had been drawn in Event 2 it would have been different. No way are they better that Australia (with Doyle) or Denmark, we are 6th in the World.

Cook tries not to show it but is a bag of nerves on a big occasion. Needs some sports psychologist.

Giving his scores for Belle Vue and Workington this season, becoming British Champion and seeing how Cook is doing in SGP Qualification so far I`m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that last night was just a bad meeting.

• Like 2

No. IMHO you're fifth behind Russia and Latvia

And speedway whatsoever,

I've forgotten more than you'll ever know prince