British Speedway Forum

Good news that leszno are hosting the race- off and final on 7th/8th July 2017. can produce some great racing when prepared right.

If anyone is thinking of going I would suggest getting the hotel booked quickly.

maybe GB will get one of the two opening rounds.- Belle Vue ?

Västervik will likely (?) have one of the semi finals, at least negotiations are ongoing .

Förutom Västerviks succé med idel segrar i Allsvenskan i år, blev även lag-VM på Stena Arena lyckat. Det är oerhört nära att tävlingen återkommer till Västervik nästa år också.

– Vi ligger i förhandlingar med BSI, det ser bra ut, säger Rune Nilsson.

http://www.vt.se/sport/speedway/elitserien-har-sparat-ur-tyvarr-om4313349.aspx

Event 1 and 2 now confirmed.

JULY 1 EVENT 1 KINGS LYNN (GREAT BRITAIN): Great Britain, Australia, USA, Czech Republic.

JULY 4 EVENT 2 VASTERVIK (SWEDEN): Sweden, Denmark, Russia, qualification round winner.

JULY 7 RACE OFF LESZNO (POLAND): Runner-up in Event 1, Third place in Event 1, Runner-up in Event 2, Third place in Event 2.

JULY 8 FINAL LESZNO (POLAND): Poland, Winner of Event 1, Winner of Event 2, Winner of the Race Off.

http://www.speedwaygp.com/_mobile/article/5369/2017-monster-energy-swc-draw

Edited by DanielC

Not sure what choice they had with the uncertainty surrounding Belle Vue. Hopefully this is just a one off and it goes back Manchester for next year.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Well done 'chairman of the BSPA' -look after yourself. so much for the NSS

Yep, of course. It's Buster's and rest of the BSPA's fault Belle Vue went up the s#!+€r.

• Like 3

I can't imagine that BSI would be that keen on the idea of Belle Vue, right now.

Having had to stump up the extra cash that PR has told us about just to get the damn meetings to go ahead last time.

Surely they will want to have things sorted out before going back just yet.

• Like 1

Seriously? I wouldn't go anywhere near it either in it's current situation! :nono:

• Like 2

Not sure what choice they had with the uncertainty surrounding Belle Vue. Hopefully this is just a one off and it goes back Manchester for next year.

So much uncertainty about Belle Vue that they have been awarded the Elite League Riders Championship in October.

So much uncertainty about Belle Vue that they have been awarded the Elite League Riders Championship in October.

Having the Riders Championship in October is a clue. Plenty of time to move it elsewhere if needed

• Like 5

Easy peasy for Buster isn't it? He showed his true colours when he failed miserably to "promote" the NLRC this year. Good job for him that BSI will be handling all the promotion for him. He can just lie back and watch the money roll in.

Disturbing though that Belle Vue has been cut out of the equation. Manchester City Council will have expected a national stadium to host big events, and that'll have been at the crux of them agreeing to fund that stadium. If the BSPA screw up now and don't find an alternative promoter for the Aces & Colts, I can see Manchester City Council converting that stadium into one that can suit another sport. Manchester is short of top quality Rugby and Hockey facilities, that stadium would be ideal.

Will be a borefest again. Why not hold it on a decent track

Will be a borefest again. Why not hold it on a decent track

Can't disagree with that, Peterborough Showground for me.

Next best track in British Speedway after Belle Vue.

• Like 3