British Speedway Forum

A fracture is a break :wink:

If you've ever had both then you'd know there's a huge difference pain and mobility wise between a hairline fracture and a larger break. :wink:

Edited by SPEEDY69

the joker ruins this competition - its nothing short of pathetic

also BV should host this - nowt wrong with KL but its supposed to be National Stadium

• Like 2

I expect when we had to confirm a venue the future of the NSS was still in doubt, as it was up to March.

• Like 1

Are we really fighting for a place directly in the final? To be honest we are trying to avoid being beaten by the USA to avoid ignominy. Except for the place in the final it's almost a pointless meeting or it should be with the USA without Hancock.

• Like 2

If you've ever had both then you'd know there's a huge difference pain and mobility wise between a hairline fracture and a larger break. :wink:

Sorry but you did say it can't be broken,then in the next sentence you said it might be a hairline fracture.When a fracture is a break.So either it is broken or it isn't,what do you reckon :wink:

Anyway onwards and upwards he rides tomorrow and hopefully he does GB proud along with the rest of them.

Edited by tellboy

Are we really fighting for a place directly in the final? To be honest we are trying to avoid being beaten by the USA to avoid ignominy. Except for the place in the final it's almost a pointless meeting or it should be with the USA without Hancock.

There is no reason why GB can't reach the final by winning on Saturday, with home advantage it's certainly possible although it depends on how fit Lambert is. Australia look strong obviously but there are question marks over many of them, will Doyle be affected by injury (probably not but we can hope!), how fit is Morris after his concussion, Holder hasn't been in great form, Fricke is unpredictable.

Look at the USA side, they have Ricky Wells who on his day can have a good meeting, Manzares who hasn't ridden regularly here for a few years and was no more than ok at Championship level and 3 young lads who have virtually no experience. How can anyone suggest we are competing with them? Even the Czech's only have Milik and possibly Kus could have a few good rides, Franc might make a good start in one.

Doesn't really matter to me, obviously I hope we qualify but, much more importantly, I'm looking forward to some good speedway, if this meeting weren't being run then I'd be kicking my heels on Saturday evening, or worse I might get roped into watching some dross tv with our lass.

There's enough decent riders on show to provide some excitement if the track prep encourages them accordingly, we may even get into a tussle with the Aussies for the final ticket, it's always good to beat them.

Starting with the Euro's later today it's a great week to be a speedway fan, here's hoping for some memorable heats to savour. Bring it on!

the joker ruins this competition - its nothing short of pathetic

also BV should host this - nowt wrong with KL but its supposed to be National Stadium

Personally v. glad its at Lynn again this Year, we went to B.V before to watch, were miles away from the action up in the stands, couldn't hardly see a thing and don't even get me started on the parking situation in Manchester ...it was a joke

There is no reason why GB can't reach the final by winning on Saturday, with home advantage it's certainly possible although it depends on how fit Lambert is. Australia look strong obviously but there are question marks over many of them, will Doyle be affected by injury (probably not but we can hope!), how fit is Morris after his concussion, Holder hasn't been in great form, Fricke is unpredictable.

Look at the USA side, they have Ricky Wells who on his day can have a good meeting, Manzares who hasn't ridden regularly here for a few years and was no more than ok at Championship level and 3 young lads who have virtually no experience. How can anyone suggest we are competing with them? Even the Czech's only have Milik and possibly Kus could have a few good rides, Franc might make a good start in one.

Don't really have any home advantage,only maybe the crowd but then some of them seem to cheer on their clubs riders.

The Aussies will start as favourites especially with two King's Lynn riders riding in the team.Plus Doyle who is on top of his game even with his injury as proved last week in the GP.Morris has also rode Lynn very well this season.

I'll be there supporting GB,not Batchelor or Holder who ride for my club :t:

Edited by tellboy

Don't really have any home advantage,only maybe the crowd but then some of them seem to cheer on their clubs riders.

The Aussies will start as favourites especially with two King's Lynn riders riding in the team.Plus Doyle who is on top of his game even with his injury as proved last week in the GP.Morris has also rode Lynn very well this season.

I'll be there supporting GB,not Batchelor or Holder who ride for my club :t:

Correct, GB all the way.

It's the World Cup, back your Country not your club riders

Personally v. glad its at Lynn again this Year, we went to B.V before to watch, were miles away from the action up in the stands, couldn't hardly see a thing and don't even get me started on the parking situation in Manchester ...it was a joke

Which BV are you talking about. If you talking about last year at BV in the temporary seating on bends 3-4 there was nothing wrong with that at all. I was only about 6 rows from the back and no complaints at all.

And parking - have you never been to Cardiff GP? Got to park miles away and get bused in - again no real problem. And thats what some parking was last year for BV, park at Man City ground and get bussed in.

And for 3 years running wife and I sat in the top tier which could be considered some way from the track action - but we had a very good view.

Perhaps staying at home and watching on TV is for you ....and there is nothing wrong with that so enjoy it.

• Like 3

Surely morris can't be in. He had concussion. That's a 9 day ban.

BSPA rule only apparently :unsure:

Going for the first time since 2012.

Got in on the day last time. Would anyone envisage any problems doing the same this time?

Any help appreciated!

Which BV are you talking about. If you talking about last year at BV in the temporary seating on bends 3-4 there was nothing wrong with that at all. I was only about 6 rows from the back and no complaints at all.

And parking - have you never been to Cardiff GP? Got to park miles away and get bused in - again no real problem. And thats what some parking was last year for BV, park at Man City ground and get bussed in.

And for 3 years running wife and I sat in the top tier which could be considered some way from the track action - but we had a very good view.

Perhaps staying at home and watching on TV is for you ....and there is nothing wrong with that so enjoy it.

"Maybe nothing wrong" with where you were sitting but we couldn't see nothing where we were, so there is obviously a lottery as to where you get to sit ...and we were locked into the area where we sat, not let into any other areas including pits.

Been to loads of World Cups at Lynn and never had an issue parking, only at BV, which we considered very badly organised and a free for all, in fact there was busts ups coming out when people pushed into queues for the busses and one driver refused to move until they got off..it was carnage

Will only watch live speedway, never on the telly ...watch 2 or 3 live matches a week and never have a problem viewing i.e Lynn, ipswich, Mildenhall, Peterborough, Rye House...I could go on, maybe you just have rose tinted glasses for BV, or maybe you were lucky ...maybe we were unlucky but its Lynn for me every time.