British Speedway Forum

Disturbing though that Belle Vue has been cut out of the equation.

even more disturbing that BSI had to pay rather a lot of money just 2 weeks or so before the SWC this year just to make sure it went ahead!!

I'm thinking that might have a bearing on the decision

• Like 2

even more disturbing that BSI had to pay rather a lot of money just 2 weeks or so before the SWC this year just to make sure it went ahead!!

Coffins and nails spring to mind.

Easy peasy for Buster isn't it? He showed his true colours when he failed miserably to "promote" the NLRC this year. Good job for him that BSI will be handling all the promotion for him. He can just lie back and watch the money roll in.

Disturbing though that Belle Vue has been cut out of the equation. Manchester City Council will have expected a national stadium to host big events, and that'll have been at the crux of them agreeing to fund that stadium. If the BSPA screw up now and don't find an alternative promoter for the Aces & Colts, I can see Manchester City Council converting that stadium into one that can suit another sport. Manchester is short of top quality Rugby and Hockey facilities, that stadium would be ideal.

If I remember correctly BV or the Council have called their stadium National Speedway Stadium, it is not a The National Stadium for the country, so major events will be held elsewhere.

At the moment the track is probably one of the best in the country where major events could be run providing all the other factors needed are in place and working correctly.

I do hope that the club can sort out its future at this location because the World Cup showed how good the track was and that it can sort out the finances so that BV can be financially secure.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly BV or the Council have called their stadium National Speedway Stadium, it is not a The National Stadium for the country, so major events will be held elsewhere.

At the moment the track is probably one of the best in the country where major events could be run providing all the other factors needed are in place and working correctly.

I do hope that the club can sort out its future at this location because the World Cup showed how good the track was and that it can sort out the finances so that BV can be financially secure.

If I remember from a post from someone in the last week or so there was a link to some meeting of Man City Council where it showed the BSPA was involved in the decision to name the stadium the National Speedway Stadium.

And if the bills don't get paid the what it's called and who originally named it go for a ball of chalk.

Nice to hear that BSI put some money into our league

Nice to hear that BSI put some money into our league

If being faced with having to pay off a league club's bad debts in order to stage an event of it's own is "putting money into the league", then that's a very benevolent and broad understanding of the situation.

If being faced with having to pay off a league club's bad debts in order to stage an event of it's own is "putting money into the league", then that's a very benevolent and broad understanding of the situation.

Whether forced on them or not, it's the least they can do for speedway

did the money go to the league then?

or did it go to the council?

did the money go to the league then?

or did it go to the council?

No idea, perhaps it was just the money they should pay for hiring the stadium for the event, Phil Rising could tell us I guess ....

No idea, perhaps it was just the money they should pay for hiring the stadium for the event, Phil Rising could tell us I guess ....

Yip, you got that bit right...

I HONESTLY don't know but pretty sure it wouldn't have gone to BSPA. I imagine (no more) that it was to settle outstanding debts, probably including the Council, to ensure that the meeting could proceed.

So without BSI's event there needing their debt bail-out Belle Vue could have done a Birmingham and gone bust mid-season?

Easy peasy for Buster isn't it? He showed his true colours when he failed miserably to "promote" the NLRC this year. Good job for him that BSI will be handling all the promotion for him. He can just lie back and watch the money roll in.

Disturbing though that Belle Vue has been cut out of the equation. Manchester City Council will have expected a national stadium to host big events, and that'll have been at the crux of them agreeing to fund that stadium. If the BSPA screw up now and don't find an alternative promoter for the Aces & Colts, I can see Manchester City Council converting that stadium into one that can suit another sport. Manchester is short of top quality Rugby and Hockey facilities, that stadium would be ideal.

Manchester - the place where there is a custom built Rugby stadium with a larger capacity than the NSS that hosts Avivia games every other week and where the Under 20 World Cup was played - Manchester the place where they hosted a Rugby World Cup game at the Ethiad…..Manchester the place where they hosted the Rugby Under 20 World Cup thus evidently displaying they have suitable Rugby hosting facilities - Manchester the location of the Super League Final each year?

That is the Manchester you mean?

Edited by Tyrion