British Speedway Forum

Heat 20 for me was my favourite heat of the entire World Cup. Seeing Becker do that was brilliant!

Also, can we also admit that the referee was awful last night. The amount of heats that should have been pulled back.

It's not even like he was missing the movement at the start, because he actually warned those riders despite them not ending up with a clear disadvantage in the heat they moved in!

• Like 1

Exactly!!! They introduce the Joker rule that allows the team to score double time in one heat if they're 8 points behind the leading team then they PUNISH the team that tries to take advantage of such rule. It's fking hilarious. Either you allow the Joker and allow teams to USE TACTICS or you don't introduce such a rule. I hate that rule. We Poles can rarely use it yet teams we outclass use it to get close... Artificial.

There's no Joker in SGP!!!!

In SGP the nationality of rider doesnt matter. Any rider can ride for any country regardless of his ethnicity as long as he has the country's speedway licence.

Joker can be played when you are 6 points behind, not 8.

Gotta watch more speedway dude and maybe actually attending meetings :)

• Like 8

I've got no problem with the Russians winning a place in the final, that they deserved. but all this animosity towards the Aussie's is surprising. They are the only country that collectively want to ride these shores. Take them away and the quality of our leagues will be reduced to nothing.

Last night they struggled. Riding slow equipment and surprised by the opposition, they were up against it from the start. I don't blame Batchelor for his part in the slowing down, While Jokers are used, these antics will continue. But to rubbish the effort of the Aussies as a group to me is wrong Our league would be in S--t street without them.

Our league is already in sh*t street.

Also, can we also admit that the referee was awful last night. The amount of heats that should have been pulled back.

It's not even like he was missing the movement at the start, because he actually warned those riders despite them not ending up with a clear disadvantage in the heat they moved in!

can we agree that the referee was brilliant last night?

he did not stop the heats, when the riders that obviously moved did not gain an advantage. He gave them their deserved warnings after the race had finshed. This saved us all a tremendous amount of time and the meeting ran smoothly and finished in less than 2 hours. Perfect!

• Like 8

No. They don't. EDUCATE YOURSELF. Drug tests in sports can and often do break careers (and lifes) of people. You need to be 100% sure to prove anyone cheating. Just EDUCATE YOURSELF on the topic.

I don't need to educate myself

If I was the DMU I'd be asking serious questions

(1) when did the drug test take place

(2) why the delay between the test and the announcement of his suspension. Before you jump on your Anti everything not Polish bandwagon maybe you can explain why in other sports a failed drugs test is acted on with urgency.

• Like 1

I find it somewhat strange that, shortly before the race-off, a Russian rider was barred from riding as a result of a decision taken by the Polish speedway authorities

So, a leading rider in an opposing team is made to withdraw

• Like 2

it took 3 months for FIM to ban Dudek!!!

TBH he should be banned for life as that's the only way to stop drug cheats

Watch the riders before heat 14, the Russian manager looks to be giving instructions to Bogdanovs. Strangely enough he tucks Doyle up on the first turn

Polish TV reporting that Lebedevs bike/engine to be checked due to a protest.(according to twitter) Presumably from Australia.

Any news? He clearly found a setting other professionals couldn't find so worth a punt.

Joker cheating?. Batchelor (the team) could have simply tried for 3rd but until this stupid Joker is dropped other ploys will be found.

i dont see how the polish speedway authority to ban a rider who is on international duty surely it must be the world body ?

i dont see how the polish speedway authority to ban a rider who is on international duty surely it must be the world body ?

The local federations usually ban the rider, then FIM takes it over. Same with Jannick de Jong who failed the test in Holland earlier this year, then also suspended by the FIM and can't compete in FIM Longtrack.

gate like we did Saturday , get off to a good start and we have a chance , start poor and we will get crushed , come on GB , I will be screaming at the tv for you

• Like 2

I have to disagree, Jack Holder is emerging as a world class rider

Is he?!?

He's ripping it up in Poland and Sweden isn't he :rolleyes:

You can't judge a standard of a rider by Championship speedway

Is he?!?

He's ripping it up in Poland and Sweden isn't he :rolleyes:

You can't judge a standard of a rider by Championship speedway

if you judge them in extraleague the Leon madsen and max fricke are 2 of the best riders in the world cause in Poland they are exceptional

TBH he should be banned for life as that's the only way to stop drug cheats

Watch the riders before heat 14, the Russian manager looks to be giving instructions to Bogdanovs. Strangely enough he tucks Doyle up on the first turn

And what? Russians and Latvians are damn near the same country. All the Latvians speak Russian, many consider themselves Russian. Of course they'd collude. Slavic blood brothers. No big deal.