British Speedway Forum

The big question is , will the Poles be riding the same cc bikes as the rest tonight ? I've had suspicions in the past when their bikes in the WC (at home) suddenly turns into rocket ships.

ITS FIM WHO BANS!!! NOT POLAND U IGNORANT!!!

it took 3 months for FIM to ban Dudek!!! They erased all he earned in that time. I believe 4 weeks is an improvement!

Not me that's ignorant - you sir.

Don't know what the first word is in your language, but in English, the second word is OFF

Nowhere did I say Poland, and not FIM, banned Laguta - just read it, or get a proper translation

The Polish speedway authorities have produced a drugs result, the timing of which seems somewhat strange, following Russia's impressive qualification at Vastervik and Australia's less than impressive performance at Kings Lynn

Maybe, just maybe, someone Polish was worried that Russia just might come good in the final if they qualified

That's all I'm saying - I think Rob McC agrees with me

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 3

Don't know what the first word is in your language, but in English, the second word is OFF

Nowhere did I say Poland, and not FIM, banned Laguta - just read it, or get a proper translation

The Polish speedway authorities have produced a drugs result, the timing of which seems somewhat strange, following Russia's impressive qualification at Vastervik and Australia's less than impressive performance at Kings Lynn

Maybe, just maybe, someone Polish was worried that Russia just might come good in the final if they qualified

Say hoover but put a K instead of the H at the front and I think you have the word you are looking for, or maybe you are thinking of a different word entirely.

Agreed, the timing is highly suspect. Four weeks since testing and the PZM make it public in the middle of the SWC? Don't expect to have a reasoned discussion with the Polish troll though, ridicule is far more appropriate since all he ever does is goad, boast and gloat. He/she/it seems to think that's appropriate behaviour when talking to the British supporters. We have our faults but even our worst is far better than his/her/its best :wink:

There are powerful commercial interests in Polish speedway and money breeds questionable behaviour. It also sadly attracts the same kind of yobs that still pollute football.

• Like 2

Agreed, the timing is highly suspect. Four weeks since testing and the PZM make it public in the middle of the SWC? Don't expect to have a reasoned discussion with the Polish troll though, ridicule is far more appropriate since all he ever does is goad, boast and gloat. He/she/it seems to think that's appropriate behaviour when talking to the British supporters. We have our faults but even our worst is far better than his/her/its best :wink:

There are powerful commercial interests in Polish speedway and money breeds questionable behaviour. It also sadly attracts the same kind of yobs that still pollute football.

I'll think you'll find that this troll, is exactly the same troll that pervades most threads under several different names.

No Polish in him/her/it at all...

Agreed, the timing is highly suspect. Four weeks since testing and the PZM make it public in the middle of the SWC?

It's maybe worth pointing out that it roughly the same amount of time for test results to be released in the cases of Alexandr Loktaev and Patrick Dudek, the last two riders failing tests at Polish league matches.

Whilst the timing may seem suspicious/unfortunate, it's consistent with what has happened in the past. I guess this is the normal timescale for whatever laboratory the Polish league use for their testing.

So all this discussion about Russia is predicated on the assumption that they will do no good now Grigori has been banned. Seem to recall people saying that on Thursday. Oh well, I'd like to wait and see.......

Is he?!?

He's ripping it up in Poland and Sweden isn't he :rolleyes:

You can't judge a standard of a rider by Championship speedway

Ageeed. On form (last 10 Premiership meetings) the Aussies top 7 are Doyle, Batch, Masters, Morris, Kurtz, Fricke, Holder (Chris)and then Jack. Using away averages Josh G is higher.

AFAIK, Jack Holder doesn't rise in Sweden or Poland for them figures to be relevant.

http://speedway-stats.co.uk/RiderForm/10/2017/1

Edited by SCB

I'll think you'll find that this troll, is exactly the same troll that pervades most threads under several different names.

No Polish in him/her/it at all...

Evidence or blind assumption?

Easy to make such a comment. The other Poles seem to think they're real. There have been suggestions that they are coming from someone working as a waiter, possibly over here, and with a severe attitude problem as a result.

Either way it's irrelevant, they should have been removed from the forum months ago.

Ageeed. On form (last 10 Premiership meetings) the Aussies top 7 are Doyle, Batch, Masters, Morris, Kurtz, Fricke, Holder (Chris)and then Jack. Using away averages Josh G is higher.

AFAIK, Jack Holder doesn't rise in Sweden or Poland for them figures to be relevant.

http://speedway-stats.co.uk/RiderForm/10/2017/1

Form seems to have been totally irrelevant in this year's SWC.

Good isn't it? :wink:

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 1

Form seems to have been totally irrelevant in this year's SWC.

Good isn't it? :wink:

Certainly makes it more interesting! The SWC is always a bit like this, you get riders doing things they shouldn't do.

Looking for a link please.

Don't care if GB are last but it would be great to see them put in a good performance. Anything to raise the profile of the sport in this country.

• Like 2

Certainly makes it more interesting! The SWC is always a bit like this, you get riders doing things they shouldn't do.

Yes, and that's the reason I love it. By making it the sole focus of riders for up to a week it seems to create its own world apart. Riders seem focussed on the job in hand and often seem inspired by the responsibility. Others though just seem to think it'll all just happen, mentioning no names...

We see Russia and Latvia rise, (maybe GB too?), Denmark and Australia fall.

Edited by Rob McCaffery