British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
james1234

Warsaw Gp 13th May 2017

What the Polish juniors or the track ?? :lol:

Would benefit the sport immensely if both. :rofl:

Hi guys, could anyone advise the best mode of transport from Modlin Airport in to Warsaw Centre please? there's lots of options on tripadvisor, but cant make my mind up on which is best? I'm staying at Ibis Hotel Warszawa Centrum (15 mins from stadium apparently).

Thanks in advance

We usually use the train. They offer a group ticket for up to 5 people to be used on the whole weekend for just 8 pounds. Tram and Bus rides are included. Our exit station is Warszawa Srodmiescze and from there we need to walk 5minutes to our hotel. Later we use that train to get to the stadium aswell. Taxi is probably easier but bit more expensive.

Pairs meeting with Polish juniors going on at the moment at the track... Hopefully all good!

Earlier today, Tuesday, a junior tournament was held on a perfectly prepared track of Warsaw's National Stadium the venue of this Saturday round of the SGP 2017. It was won by the Leszno pair of Bartosz Smektala and Dominik Kubera. Marek Cieslak, Poland national coach spoke in the superlatives about the track. The track is great and on Saturday we'll have a fantastic event. The surface is perfectly laid out, "he said on sportowefakty.pl

Dominik Kubera loved it. It's short and technical I liked it so much that I thought I could go to England someday, because there are so many similar tracks there, "he said after today's testing the National's surface.

• Like 1

Weather is looking good, 14 - 15C forecast, should be good meeting, I'm flying from Luton Airport Friday lunchtime, looking forward to a good weekend away.

Thanks for that.

The only problem with practice is that I always pick out a rider who looks really quick and then in the meeting can't score point!

Ready for a night at the pub with SGP on the big screen :party::drink:

Out of interest, well done on getting them to stick it on for you, how many in the pub will be likely to take an interest in the meeting? Will you be subjected to the usual anorak sport jibes etc.

Will you take a printed racecard to fill in and, most importantly do they allow airhorns?

Incredible looking arena, hope to visit it one day. Heres to some great racing tonight! :t:

The poles are showing fitting respect to Tomasz Gollob on canal + ,just thinking about Gollob has any rider ever been so important to their country's speedway as Gollob was to poland , when he hit the big time he brought the whole country to the world stage , there has been well known poles from way back but he was the one who made them a force in world speedway

• Like 2

Trick had a similar effect on Swedish speedway. The crowds in Sweden a decade ago were far bigger than today.

Gollob in his prime had a whole nation behind him, not just die hard speedway fans.