British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
james1234

Warsaw Gp 13th May 2017

And another rider goes under the air fence!

When, oh when will the FIM change the rule to allow the ref to award the race in the last lap. Holding off from putting the red light on to allow the leaders to finish the race when there is a rider crashed on the track is not acceptable. That's twice tonight.

Brotherly love!

Back in the day, riders would fall off, the race wouldn't be stopped and the other riders would come round and spray shale not just over the stricken rider, but also over officials who had run on to help!

• Like 1

Really think that riding in England this season has helped Lindgren no ends, looks a lot sharper than some of the other riders including Woffinden.

Does make you wonder doesn't it, Riders not racing in the UK have had what, 3 - 4 competitive meetings this season in Poland & Sweden? Freddies had that plus 7 more with Wolves. I know it could be said that Holder is in the same position, but he's obviously struggling across the leagues as well as the GP's at the moment. Doyle on the other hand also seems to have hit the ground running.

​Here's the score details from Warsaw as per the SGB website:

Saturday May 13, 2017:

FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX OF POLAND, Warsaw
Fredrik Lindgren 16 (1st), Maciej Janowski 16 (2nd), Jason Doyle 15 (3rd), Martin Vaculik 10 (4th), Tai Woffinden 13, Bartosz Zmarzlik 12, Patryk Dudek 9, Niels-Kristian Iversen 9, Piotr Pawlicki 7, Chris Holder 6, Emil Sayfutdinov 6, Antonio Lindback 6, Nicki Pedersen 5, Greg Hancock 4, Przemyslaw Pawlicki 3, Matej Zagar 1.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS (After round 2 of 12)
Fredrik Lindgren 32, Jason Doyle 27, Martin Vaculik 26, Maciej Janowski 22, Patryk Dudek 22, Tai Woffinden 21, Bartosz Zmarzlik 18, Niels-Kristian Iversen 18, Emil Sayfutdinov 18, Greg Hancock 15, Piotr Pawlicki 14, Chris Holder 12, Matej Zagar 11, Antonio Lindback 8, Nicki Pedersen 8, Przemyslaw Pawlicki 3, Nick Skorja 1.

I'm not sure there are the words to describe that GP. Perfect really, what more could you ask for?

Good meeting, ran smoothly, and good racing.

As the results of two meetings so far - 6 of last years GP riders wont be in next year. Mmm!

I hope Freddie keeps up his form and the bubble dont burst too soon. Maybe it wont....that would be good for Gerhard engine sales.

Well Lindgren deserved that. Thought once Doyle hit the front it was game over but got beaten up by Lindgren and Magic.

So glad to see Magic put 2016 behind him. Looks fast and aggressive. Very good gp.

Janowski always has one fantastic GP. Now it's over and done with I don't expect a recurrence any time soon.

I'm not sure there are the words to describe that GP. Perfect really, what more could you ask for?

More speed for Nicki P? ;) Agreed about it being a great meeting though - and that's from a hard to please cynic!

Edit: Don't think either Nicki or Antonio did anything wrong in either of their moves in the heat, and pleased to see Emil walk away from that nasty looking crash.

Edited by June01

Best gp I've seen for a long time,and 1 of the best races in ht 12 wow what a race.

Lindgren looks the real deal this yr so far very fast and aggressive just what you need to challenge at the very top,HD luck to him👍

I called that Freddie could win tonight but wc? I really don't believe he can do it. Over a season of gps he will go missing. If he wins it i will eat my cap at Wolverhampton at the end of the season in front of everyone (well an edible version)

Tonight he deserved the win. A worthy winner.

That's not possible, Poole's last visit to Monmore is 16th August and the last GP isn't till october 28th ;):D

Edited by Wolfsbane

WOW!!!!

One of the best GP's I've watched. For me it's hard to pick out a poor heat.

Those guys were so fast last night, you needed to be brave and bold to get the points that matter.

Re Pederson/Zagar. You cant block someone into the fence then simply dive for the inside position. NP fault - wrong man excluded IMO.

Re Lindback/Pederson - saw nothing wrong with Lindback move.

• Like 2

What a meeting fast Freddie and doyley class act and they both ride in our league can't be bad can it !!

• Like 1

It's been mentioned that Freddie and Doyle ride over here and look sharp, which you would expect early in the season. Will be interesting later on to see if their busy schedules affect them and if they start to suffer from fatigue, as this is one of the reasons why riders opt out of the UK.

It's been mentioned that Freddie and Doyle ride over here and look sharp, which you would expect early in the season. Will be interesting later on to see if their busy schedules affect them and if they start to suffer from fatigue, as this is one of the reasons why riders opt out of the UK.

never affected doyley last season !!